User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2014, 08:00 AM   #6661
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
When we told

some of our neighbors here at The ADVentureLoft™ where we were going on this trip, they all said... "Oh, are you going to see Double Negative"?

That's why I love New York City in a nutshell. (no pun intended, but yeah, we're all nuts for living here)

Here's a neat website for details: http://doublenegative.tarasen.net

What's most interesting for me is that our stop there was the highlight of our day, not because of the artwork (which was, um, interesting conceptually), but rather on accounna the folks we met there.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space

DR. Rock screwed with this post 03-16-2014 at 08:33 AM
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:07 AM   #6662
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Let me introduce

This hilarious band of Overton folks,

Who were just cleaning up from the 1st annual Double Negative arts and music festival. Bigger than Woodstock, bigger than anything. Don't miss it next year.

We chatted a spell, they really were cracking us up.

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
Old 03-16-2014, 08:11 AM   #6663
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

The ONLY way to get

across the Virgin River

is to kick it up to the Innerstate.

But we had fun along the way.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:23 AM   #6664
sasho
Dual Personality

Oddometer: 527
Woohoo, more Mobius!!!
sasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:32 AM   #6665
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Gas & groceries

at Mesquite. We really loaded up 'cause it'd be a few days before we could reload.

and into the Arizona strip.

Plan was to explore the north rim.

Stopped for the day on Lime Kiln rd. I think this is where Francine started talking to me again. I believe the first words out of her mouth were, "Kinder and gentler my ass."

We set up camp.

Old 03-16-2014, 08:35 AM   #6666
redog1
KLR650-2009

Oddometer: 1,791
Nice to see you back on the road...

No matter what or how you do it, I think all who have followed you adventures appreciate the effort and time that you put in.
Ride on...
Old 03-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #6667
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

We enjoyed the sunset

from out perch.

Day 1 stats: 136 miles.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:45 AM   #6668
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

M12 Day 2

Deeper penetration. Into the North Rim, that is.

We'd be trying to get to the edge at a couple of vista points -- Twin points, and then Kelly point. We would fail, twice.

A bit of a late start, 9am. It's tough to have a bad day out here.

even with all the washouts.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:48 AM   #6669
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

For orientation

Nutter twists. Highly recommended.

except when there's been torrential rain and flash floods, and the roads are trying to kill you. Except for then.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:00 AM   #6670
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Bright eyed

and bushy tailed.

Urban sprawl:

I'm riding her bike though some mildly technical sections, but she's starting to get her mojo back.

Break time. She's smiling inside. Honest.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #6671
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

And then

on day 2, the most technical section of the whole trip.

The approach:

It's 112F, no shit. We walk the section.

It's steep and rocky. Fine. I ride her bike up, and it's a bitch. There's just no good line.

Of course, the photos never give it the right perspective.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:07 AM   #6672
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

I take a breather

hydrate, pray, and...

Old 03-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #6673
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

From LDF's POV

Old 03-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #6674
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

The view from the top

It was like a mini-Bruneau canyon.

Yeah, baby!

'course Big Dog & Dingweeds did this very section when they carried on in M11 while we were nursing LDF's TBI. They sailed right over the section -- "yeah, it was a little bumpy for a bit" they said. On a stack of Bibles the rains had to have made it WAY more difficult now. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #6675
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

We're starting to get

thirsty, and running out of water.

but it's just gorgeous in here. Simply magnificent.

Check out how GREEN everything is... crazy!

That was an awesome section!