User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2014, 06:14 PM   #6736
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Oddometer: 5,528
Note anti-hassle tassels™

no reason, just note that they are there. Present, Anti-hassle Tassels™ product placement in the Valley of the Gods. That there's some good marketing.

OK, I'll let you in on just a couple. Nothing off color.

OK, one is a bit off color.
"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
DR. Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:18 PM   #6737
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Guess

how fast I'm going in this pitcher:

OK, just some photos:

"I came into this game for the action, the excitement; go anywhere, travel light... get in, get out... wherever there's trouble, a man alone... Now they got the whole country sectioned off; you can't make a move without a form." --Robert De Niro as Archibald 'Harry' Tuttle in Brazil, 1985. The Mobius Trip index | Spot tracking live 4/18-5/4/13 | AdventureLoft™ Tent Space
Old 03-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #6738
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Oddometer: 2,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post

This picture is so... shocking....

Question, what goggles are you wearing ? They look interesting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
veriest1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #6739
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

This is kind of

the turn around,

The UT Flatiron

The NYC Flatiron

Old 03-16-2014, 06:29 PM   #6740
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
This picture is so... shocking....

Question, what goggles are you wearing ? They look interesting.

Do you mean how shockingly lush and green everything is?

Goggles are Liquid Image Impact HD 1080p
Old 03-16-2014, 06:37 PM   #6741
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

A couple more

Lady in the bathtub? I don't think so... I'm not going to say. Just that it rhymes with...

Thanks Scott for the recommendation -- it was perfect.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:40 PM   #6742
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Oddometer: 2,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR. Rock View Post
Do you mean how shockingly lush and green everything is?

Goggles are Liquid Image Impact HD 1080p
This is one of those awkward moments where a person isn't sure if another person is being sarcastic or not. Just in case... Google "shocka" at you're own risk. Or don't....

Ah those googles. You like? Worth the $$$ to replace a Gopro? The few people I've talked to love theirs.

veriest1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:55 PM   #6743
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Moki Dugway

Sounds like a 1950's baseball player, but really, it's some switchbacks. Mostly paved. Ride along, it's fun. Hold my beer and watch this.

You really have to look hard to find her:

Old 03-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #6744
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by veriest1 View Post
This is one of those awkward moments where a person isn't sure if another person is being sarcastic or not. Just in case... Google "shocka" at you're own risk. Or don't....

Ah those googles. You like? Worth the $$$ to replace a Gopro? The few people I've talked to love theirs.

I never thought I'd say this, but sometimes I miss George Bush.

The goggles are pretty sweet. Downsides -- the audio is subject to wind. I really have to force myself to slow down, and speak up. Also it's kind of clumsy to use as a video cam when you're not riding. Upsides -- no bulky tumor sticking off your helmet. Decent video quality. Protected in case of fall or branch brush.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:07 PM   #6745
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

So the deal

was that Scott & Julie were going to go into the park and secure a campsite, and we'd find them in there.

but before we got to the park entrance...

Waaaait a minute... I recognize that little bitty motorbike.

Turns out the park campground was full, so they found a spot along a side road and that was their sign to us. Clever!

The man, the legend:

Old 03-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #6746
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

So we changed

out of our riding gear, and set up our tent, and decided to take the truck for a loop inside the park and do a little exploring on foot for the rest of the afternoon.

We learned the difference between a natural arch and a natural bridge.

At least I learned it. Everyone else probably already knew.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:16 PM   #6747
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

It was

a decent time of day for photos -- some shadows and depth.

Man my sensor had gotten dusty though.

A couple of cute mini-arches:

there were even words to explain things. Always handy.

Notice I've changed my shirt. The trip must be half over. :loll

Old 03-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #6748
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

You could spend days

hiking down in there.

That's a nice one... see it?

We decided to hike down to see one close up.

It's pretty impressive.

especially considering the technology they had back then.

Old 03-16-2014, 07:26 PM   #6749
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 5,375
cool we got to do the dugway last sept, we were headed the other way.

we were running outta time & gas, missed national bridges : (, missed the goose necks & didn't even realize we were that close to the valley of the gods

still was an awsome trip.

thanks for the advice on albquarque

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516
red bud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:28 PM   #6750
DR. Rock OP
Part of the problem

It was

great to hang out with friends,

just climbing around the rocks like kids.

There was still a little water at the bottom,