ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #11
Hoodis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennR View Post
Doe Mtn. is open. I bought a pass. ($60 per year, or $18 per day) But I haven't been riding there much yet. They don't have many technical trails yet (that I've heard of). Mostly easier two way trails. Even the tighter trails are two way. I'd planned on helping develop & clear motorcycle trails, but I'm not as excited about it now. (I was really disappointed that they are charging $18 for a day) I'll be happy to meet up & ride on Doe if anybody wants to sometime.

The main reason I haven't been riding there is because I have been riding on Stone Mtn., which is almost all steep technical riding, it's 1000' higher, has 10 times more trails, and it's only 15 minutes from my door. I'm always happy to show anybody the trails there too. Or I can give a list of the entrance roads if you'd rather explore it on your own, although it's a bit extreme to safely explore solo.
It is my understanding that there are several "Stone Mountains" in the general vicinity of Boone? May I ask where this particular mountain resides?

Thanks...
Hoodis is offline   Reply With Quote