Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #2566
dduelin
Oh boy that was close

Oddometer: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
I'm going to have to go back in there, the one valve that was a tad loose taps a tad when cold, it's going to have to get worse then it is, after the bike has ran 2 minutes it stops. I'll do it when I go back into the bike to run some wires for a GPS, power port, all that good stuff.
That sounds like something I'd want a dealer to check out under warranty. That sounds like a camshaft or follower oiling problem not a loose valve clearance.

Dave
dduelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:05 PM   #2567
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by dduelin View Post
That sounds like something I'd want a dealer to check out under warranty. That sounds like a camshaft or follower oiling problem not a loose valve clearance.
nah. it's valve noise. it's coming from right where the one that was a little loose is. and it's very very quite. I just happen to have really good hearing and can hear it thanks to the Givi windshield reflecting the sound at me. it was on the line of being in spec. and it's not a oiling issue because it's not constant, it's only there at 2500rpms and only there until the valve warms up.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:06 PM   #2568
GsVs
Goin' Somewhere

Oddometer: 1,373
MadStad Windscreen System

Just found out Mark at MadStad has designed a Adjustable Height/Tilt Windscreen System for the CB500X. The Brackets are done and ready - they are working on some side deflectors to block air coming in around the turn signals. They said they should be done later this week.
- - -

Old 03-18-2014, 07:14 PM   #2569
vintagebob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by GsVs View Post
Just found out Mark at MadStad has designed a Adjustable Height/Tilt Windscreen System for the CB500X. The Brackets are done and ready - they are working on some side deflectors to block air coming in around the turn signals. They said they should be done later this week.
- - -

Great news!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #2570
dogjaw
plays well alone

Oddometer: 2,816
That's pretty dang sparky; any word on cost? I have been considering blacking mine out, at least partially, to hide my radar detector on the dash...

The Ride for Trevor:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941454
Old 03-19-2014, 05:30 AM   #2571
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

I called them a few weeks ago and they quoted it to be right around $300. I went with the Givi because my extra accessories fund was getting low. i built my own adjustable brackets for the FZ1 I'll probably do that with this bike as well.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:03 AM   #2572
dogjaw
plays well alone

very nice... has anyone seen this?

http://www.seatconcepts.com/products...56&id=32413422

I personally don't have a problem with the seat on the X, but I was so impressed with the Seat concepts saddles on my DR650 that I am sorely tempted to give it a try on the Honda; I would put the quality and comfort on par or better than a Sargent, at half the cost.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #2573
grnd0
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjaw View Post
very nice... has anyone seen this?

http://www.seatconcepts.com/products...56&id=32413422

I personally don't have a problem with the seat on the X, but I was so impressed with the Seat concepts saddles on my DR650 that I am sorely tempted to give it a try on the Honda; I would put the quality and comfort on par or better than a Sargent, at half the cost.
Here's one installed. No long term feedback though.
http://www.cbr500riders.com/forum/ho...options-5.html
grnd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #2574
theloop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Got my recall notice last week. I bought my X around 100 away to save about 700 dollars. Stop at the local dealer and the service manager said he had one recall kit left and I could drop it off after work on Friday, and pick it up Monday after work. I did mention that they did not have one when I was shopping for it, plus they could not even locate a ABS model. They don't even think they have even ordered a 2014 X model for their showroom, just a few of the R models and maybe a F. They could be missing a sale or two.
theloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:33 AM   #2575
grnd0
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
They need the bike for 3 days for a 10 minute job???
grnd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:50 AM   #2576
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer

I got the notice last week as well. it had a handy dandy number to Honda of America on it. I called them and reported my local dealer that refused to do my recall and then told them about the same woman refusing to sale me a oil filter the next weekend. They weren't to happy about that.

A dealer can not refuse to do the recall and it takes 20 minutes maybe more if the light bars are on the bike. but they can back list it behind higher paying jobs for up to 60 days. When I had mine done I called the dealer that I had to go to and set up a time to have it done and got there 30 minutes early. I would guess from the time they took my bike around and got it back into the parking lot was about 30 minutes. and it doesn't matter if they have the kit, all they need is your serial number and they can order it.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #2577
theloop
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd0 View Post
They need the bike for 3 days for a 10 minute job???
Since the dealership is only open untill 7p.m. and I dont get home from work until after 6p.m. it is impossible to get there before 6:30, and saturday I have plans after work, so Monday is no problem since it is suppose to snow tueday and the only rush I am in, is to get it taken care of before the spring rush when they realy get busy.
theloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:44 AM   #2578
dogjaw
plays well alone

Honda CB500X

Been considering a radar detector on the CBX, so I took my Beltronics from my car and stuck it on the bike:

Although the LED display was bright enough to catch my attention and it does have an earphone jack that I could feasibly hook into my Bluetooth, it's not really very concealed at all, even if I were to blacken my windscreen. I'm considering a motorcycle specific TPX, but I've always been so happy with my BEL I had to give it a try.

The Ride for Trevor:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=941454
Old 03-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #2579
SilkMoneyLove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,882
I have heard of people putting their radar detectors in the chest pocket of the jacket with an ear bud to the helmet.
SilkMoneyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 02:50 AM   #2580
dizz
n00b

Oddometer: 3

Saw this in Thailand, thought it might be of interest.
dizz is offline   Reply With Quote