Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #16
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberlegs View Post
For best results after looking at a s10' rince eyes with water for about 30 min. If dilusions continue, seek medical help!
Cryptic message unintelligible. Spelling errors rampant. Please advise.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Scoobynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:56 PM   #17
XtreemLEE OP
Member #476

Oddometer: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Bryee View Post
Wow - I am really leaning on spending extra to get 14. For me it is Cruise, heated grips, better power delivery, electronic suspension, then better and more adjustable wind protection - plus it is a 2014 :-)
Right I cannot imagine how I ever turned that preload adjuster by hand? Plus I had to get down on the floor and squint to adjust damping on the forks, oh the horror.
"And the freedom of speech we try to defend goes to the core of one of my very deepest beliefs: the best information is uncovered with open, spirited debate. Better to grow thicker skin than to risk repressing information--just ask John Adams and Thomas Jefferson." Chris Macaskill
XtreemLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:58 PM   #18
XtreemLEE OP
Member #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobynut View Post
My dealer (Rapid City, SD) called this morning; my blue 2014 standard model arrived today. It kind of took me by surprise as the Yamaha website shows April availability. I still need to de-farkle my 2012 as I'm trading it in. They can wait a little while.
Oh a "standard"model..., anyways I just finished stripping the extra's off my 2012 for trade in, I'm glad my Russell will still fit.
"And the freedom of speech we try to defend goes to the core of one of my very deepest beliefs: the best information is uncovered with open, spirited debate. Better to grow thicker skin than to risk repressing information--just ask John Adams and Thomas Jefferson." Chris Macaskill
Old 03-20-2014, 06:59 PM   #19
XtreemLEE OP
Member #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
Do they have anymore? No one else seems to be reporting any in the USA.
They have just one standard model in blue (no ES)
Old 03-20-2014, 08:03 PM   #20
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtreemLEE View Post
They have just one standard model in blue (no ES)
ES isn't all it's cracked up to be for a solo rider like me. My GSA ES came unplugged after some vigorous offroading and was locked in the super tall offroad height that I could barely get my toes on the ground on one leg Not a show stopper, but my main reason for wanting the standard suspension model is the cheaper aftermarket replacement cost of the suspension. I do like being able to switch from comfort mode to sport mode when hitting twisty mountain roads without stopping the bike.
IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #21
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Oh a "standard"model...:
We used to argue about whether the blue was faster than the black and vice versa, now I think us "standard" owners can legitimately argue our "standards" are faster than the porky ES versions...
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Old 03-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #22
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,921
Quote:
We used to argue about whether the blue was faster than the black and vice versa, now I think us "standard" owners can legitimately argue our "standards" are faster than the porky ES versions...
Well obviously the ES blue is just going to blitz the standard black now..

But Hipsters will start to warm to the retro allure of the black standard in time it will be a classic and spawn the first ever Cafe' ADV bike..

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #23
XtreemLEE OP
Member #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post

But Hipsters will start to warm to the retro allure of the black standard in time it will be a classic and spawn the first ever Cafe' ADV bike..
Alas the only "color" the ES comes in a flat grey

The ES models are faster, while you losers are twisting knobs and fiddling with screwdrivers I will be pushing buttons while I ride and drive mutha_ _ _ hers...
Old 03-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #24
Scoobynut
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamD View Post

But Hipsters will start to warm to the retro allure of the black standard in time it will be a classic.
Unfortunately, Graham, we only get the ES in that primer, uh, I mean gray color. Inexplicably the base model comes in the awesome blue and also that, uh, awesome primer color that the ES comes with. I have my doubts the hipster crowd will warm to any kind of allure generated by once and future Super Teneres. I'm afraid these rational type bikes simply won't align with their hipster fashion edicts, which everyone knows can be socially fatal to hipsters and similar trend followers.
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1988 Honda Hawk GT
Old 03-21-2014, 01:01 AM   #25
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,921
Quote:
Unfortunately, Graham, we only get the ES in that primer, uh, I mean gray color.
Ok Rat bikes then ..

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 03:12 AM   #26
scottie boy
Homebrew Guru

Oddometer: 1,705
Quote:
Alas the only "color" the ES comes in a flat grey

The ES models are faster, while you losers are twisting knobs and fiddling with screwdrivers I will be pushing buttons while I ride and drive mutha_ _ _ hers...

Well, start riding that thing and report back.

sparkyairracing.com
scottie boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #27
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,469
Just in my local Yamaha dealer yesterday for the recall to be done. I asked the store manager if and when any of the new and improved 2014 S10's would hit their floor. He gave me a funny look and said he had no idea they were doing anything different, and couldn't recall ordering one.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:52 AM   #28
Velvet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawidad View Post
Just in my local Yamaha dealer yesterday for the recall to be done. I asked the store manager if and when any of the new and improved 2014 S10's would hit their floor. He gave me a funny look and said he had no idea they were doing anything different, and couldn't recall ordering one.
Hopefully, for your sake, the service department knows what the hell is going on.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #29
tcourdin
Resident Spooner

Oddometer: 10,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawidad View Post
My dealer just ordered 3 standards and 3 ES's yesterday. I can't wait to get my hands on one! I have been holding out and telling myself I don't want the '13 Tenere they have on the floor or the 1190R that is coming soon. Now to decide between the ES and standard....

My dealer says the same thing that they are unchanged too.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #30
XtreemLEE OP
Member #476

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie boy View Post
Well, start riding that thing and report back.
I didn't get a whole lot of riding in today mostly ran a couple of errands and put stuff from my 2012 on the 14 but.

Left side controls so much going on with thick gloves beeped the horn instead of canceling turn signal. Power between T and S is more dramatic but it might be a more tame T setting as opposed to the S being uprated. Suspension so far feels very improved. I still find the power in S in both the 12 and the 14 more than adequate I don't see a ref lash in my future.

If we get decent temps might do some more "testing" tomorrow but I am going into a work week starting saturday night