Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2014, 06:15 AM   #16
johnno950
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 909
With the vacume pump fitment to the lc8 do you pick up from one of the intake bells or run a tee fitting and pick up from both for the pump?
johnno950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:58 AM   #17
sstewart
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,051
Vac Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by effensteve View Post
Hey have any of you used the mikuni vac pump for your 950. I've read loads about the facet and DR beans kits but can't find much about this.

What's the word in the OC

KTM 950 Fuel Pump Kit

Change your stock fuel pump for a vacuum fuel pump!
Many riders find that the electronic fuel pump that comes stock with the KTM 950 Adventure and Super Enduro is one of the bikes biggest design flaws.

One of the main reasons people buy KTM is that when an adventurer takes his bike off the road he must have complete confidence that it will carry him to when he is going. A fuel pump failing in the bush can be catastrphoic, leaving you stranded. The stock fuel pump can fail anywhere between 5000km and 50 000km, and can do so without warning.

The vacuum fuel pump was originally used on snowmobiles where failure of the machine on could have the direst of consiquences. It uses the vacuum created by the intake manifold to flow fuel. This design, due to its simplicity, is extremely reliable. Not only do they very rarely fail due to wear, but when they do, you can fix them with a pocket knife and a kit the size of a match box.

The best part is the entire kit only costs 84.99$. Thats 130$ cheaper than the stock electronic fuel kit in Canada!

Do yourself a favor, don't wait until your fuel pump dies on the road!

Call us for more information 1-(250)-434-6479

Price
Fuel Pump conversion Kit: $84.99
Mikuni repair kit: $14.99
My bro-in-law runs that pump,seems to do a good job.
sstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #18
SE Steve
Super Noob

Oddometer: 168
I have the raid design vacuum pump kit. Stock pump left me stranded in the desert for 8 hours after a crash on the Palmdale to Barstow leg of Barstow to LV.

It cured the flooding issue I had in whoops.

Only issue I have had is hydrolock when I traveled with my bike in the back of my truck and forgot to shut off the fuel valves.

So after sitting in the desert for 8 hours. I fixed the stock pump with the doctor beans kit and mounted it back in the stock location as a back up.
SE Steve is offline   Reply With Quote