ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Europe, Africa, & Middle East
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #16
GuiltyParty
drifter
 
GuiltyParty's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: London
Oddometer: 317
Guildford Dorking and anywhere else close to London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-Rodriguez View Post
I wanted to go to Leith hill in dorking on sunday but have no one to go with.

Only been there once and it was mostly flat off road and mud.
Mate I'd be keen to do some exploring with you. Arm ourselves with some maps and see what we can find.

I'm in London on an unchristened Triumph that's begging to see some hills / mud / gravel.

Drop us a line if you're keen.
__________________
Triumph Tiger 800 xc
Walkabout in Russia and Central Asia http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877576
GuiltyParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #17
Vanman 6
Adventurer
 
Vanman 6's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Kent England
Oddometer: 36
Which part of London are you - get down to Kent, there's plenty down here, just waiting for some better tyres before I get too adventurous on my XC......... are you on standard road tyres too?
__________________
Triumph Tiger XC Honda XR250
Vanman 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:36 AM   #18
GuiltyParty
drifter
 
GuiltyParty's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: London
Oddometer: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanman 6 View Post
Which part of London are you - get down to Kent, there's plenty down here, just waiting for some better tyres before I get too adventurous on my XC......... are you on standard road tyres too?

I'm in Stockwell (south west London). Yep I'm in the same boat as you running the standards at the moment but switching to knobbies next week.

I'll drop you a PM when I can get down that way and gee up a ride if you're keen?
__________________
Triumph Tiger 800 xc
Walkabout in Russia and Central Asia http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877576
GuiltyParty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:31 AM   #19
Mifune
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Mifune's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Berkeley, CA
Oddometer: 493
Back to the OP, I've found www.trailwise.org.uk to have a good database covering all of the UK. Quality varies from county to county as it depends upon user input to stay up to date with TROs and changes in local conditions. You'll need to belong to TRF or another participating group to have access to all details. I'm loading up promising routes in Essex, Herts, Suffolk, and Cambridge, checking them against on-line Definitive Maps of the County Councils, then checking the regional discussions on the TRF forum, then riding out to see what I find, then sharing that knowledge backon Trailwise. That's the plan, anyway.
__________________
2013 Ducati 1199 R
2012 KTM 500 EXC
2005 KTM 640 Adventure

Φίλα μου τον κώλο.
Mifune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:00 AM   #20
Motostrail
Adventurer
 
Motostrail's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Barcelona, Spain, Motorcycle Heaven
Oddometer: 64
Hi Douglas



Here you prepare offroad routes through the Pyrenees www.motostrailadventure.com

Regards
__________________
www.motostrailadventure.com
Motorcycle tours in Spain
Motostrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #21
MarshkevUK
Alright Guv'na?
 
MarshkevUK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: NW Wisconsin
Oddometer: 132
i might be able to help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifune View Post
Back to the OP, I've found www.trailwise.org.uk to have a good database covering all of the UK. Quality varies from county to county as it depends upon user input to stay up to date with TROs and changes in local conditions. You'll need to belong to TRF or another participating group to have access to all details. I'm loading up promising routes in Essex, Herts, Suffolk, and Cambridge, checking them against on-line Definitive Maps of the County Councils, then checking the regional discussions on the TRF forum, then riding out to see what I find, then sharing that knowledge backon Trailwise. That's the plan, anyway.
Hi, i'm a Brit currently living in Wisconsin, i was heavily involved in the TRF and the RoW issues associated with that before i moved over here (are you in CA. or UK?) anyway, if you want some tips or advice let me know...

cheers, MarshkevUK.
__________________
Kevin, An English bloke in Wisconsin...

In England a 100 miles is a long way & in the US 100 years is a long time...
MarshkevUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:54 AM   #22
Bish Bosh
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Oddometer: 2
Question Green laning wiltshire

Hi, new to greenlaning, but have a funduro. Bit heavy i know, but will i be able to use this or should i get something lighter?
Bish Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:58 AM   #23
Samdogmonster
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Salisbury, UK
Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish Bosh View Post
Hi, new to greenlaning, but have a funduro. Bit heavy i know, but will i be able to use this or should i get something lighter?
Is it the one with the belt-drive? If so its not suitable for serious off-road work; that said, as a newbie you will find it way too heavy and too high-geared. I suggest you look around for a nice little 250 single.
Samdogmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:09 AM   #24
jimijlondon
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Oddometer: 36
Anyone got any advice on doing the pilgrims way? Want to stay off road as much as possible, any good lanes to explore / good detours?
jimijlondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:20 PM   #25
MarioTRF
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: London
Oddometer: 4
Google Kent TRF who will be happy to advise you on pilgrims way




Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
MarioTRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014