Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2014, 08:23 PM   #11
BobPS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by olionel View Post
Hello folks;

I got a very little used TKC front tyre given in Thailand for my Africa Twin and have done quite a few miles on it since and it is wearing pretty fast. I am currently in Malaysia and will be crossing to Sumatra soon. It won't last all the way through Indonesia but I think Sumatra should be do-able. Do you know if it's possible to get 90/90-21 tyre in Indonesia (preferably Java)? I don't really fancy going into Jakarta though, but will do if I have to. And read that Bandung might be a good place for big bike bits but no 100% info on tyres etc.

I found a couple of Indonesian tyre manufacturers which seem to have nice dual-purpose looking tread patterns but I don't think they do 90/90-21. Any help or advice will be much appreciated.. or I might just get a new front in Penang before sending the bike over to Medan but I don't like being wasteful

Thanks very much in advance and might bump into some of you ;)
Oli

Hi Oli,
I will ask around. 21" rim is not a common size rim here, but tire that size is available here. One place that I just asked has 90/100-21 Dunlop. I'll let you know when I find one.

If while you're here you need a new front tire and can't find a new one, give me a call, you can use my tire.
BobPS is offline   Reply With Quote