ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
kres OP
Arrrrrrrrr!

Oddometer: 1,197
Wicked Playing Hookie in Hoo-Ville: Friday, Feb 24th

If the weather holds, I'm going to "Work Remotely" from Charlottesville on Friday.

Ultimatly this means a nice ride down from NOVA Friday Morning around 10AM, and catching lunch at Bodo's on The Corner. AFter stuffing my face I will need to spend a little while @ Starbucks checking my email and drinking my Coffee quota. Somewhere in this hectic schedule I intend to swing by this shop called "Moto-Virginia" I've heard about.

Sooooo, anybody up for playing hookie and/or catching some lunch?
Old 02-21-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

Oddometer: 1,262
FYI - Moto Virginia is on Preston Ave. next to NAPA in the old Buick dealership's building. 640 in the window is hard to miss, look for CDOC and Vespa sign, KTM sign may be up now too.
Would like to meet you but it's hard getting out these days.
Have a good ride.
Ted
OldnoGPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:32 AM   #3
AntonLargiader
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,132
Sure. Sounds good to me!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:33 AM   #4
SST
Lost again...

Oddometer: 1,295
I might be able to make it out Friday for a short ride. Would need to meet at Moto VA since my 950 is in the showroom in all its glory all covered in mud and dirt. Was there yesterday and they have a few more bikes built and on the floor. Parts, acccessories and other cool stuff is ordered and arriving everyday.
Rallymoto #165
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:34 AM   #5
SST
Lost again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonLargiader
Sure. Sounds good to me!
Hey Anton. So you do still live in Charlotesville?? Let's ride.
Rallymoto #165
Old 02-22-2006, 03:06 PM   #6
kres OP
Arrrrrrrrr!

Sweet... I'll firm up the details for Lunch on Thursday Eve.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:12 PM   #7
vagt6
Bit the Bullet

Oddometer: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by kres
If the weather holds, I'm going to "Work Remotely" from Charlottesville on Friday.

Ultimatly this means a nice ride down from NOVA Friday Morning around 10AM, and catching lunch at Bodo's on The Corner. AFter stuffing my face I will need to spend a little while @ Starbucks checking my email and drinking my Coffee quota. Somewhere in this hectic schedule I intend to swing by this shop called "Moto-Virginia" I've heard about.

Sooooo, anybody up for playing hookie and/or catching some lunch?
Kres, sounds like a pretty good schedule. You've got to check out the new KTM dealer (Moto-Virginia? on Preston), which is also the Vespa/Piaggio dealer and "CDOC", a cool show room with car racing gear. They also have on display the owner's racing Porsches.

I think South Street Brewing Company is the BEST bar in town. Award-winning, hand made brews. It's located just south of the old Downtown Mall area, about a half mile east of the Corner/Bodos.

Also, it's cool to walk down the Downtown Mall area. Closed to traffic and bricked over, lots of cool shops, bars, etc.

Keep it in the road, have a great trip. And, root for the HOOS!
vagt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:44 PM   #8
AntonLargiader
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SST
Hey Anton. So you do still live in Charlotesville?? Let's ride.
Oh man, I know what you mean! Heck, I've talked to Harpoon more recently than I've talked to you guys. I can't help it if you never stop by!!

I did drop in at CDOC last week and chatted with Skip for a while. He was about to start building up some more new KTMs that had arrived. Maybe see you Friday?
Old 02-23-2006, 06:09 PM   #9
SST
Lost again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonLargiader
Oh man, I know what you mean! Heck, I've talked to Harpoon more recently than I've talked to you guys. I can't help it if you never stop by!!

I did drop in at CDOC last week and chatted with Skip for a while. He was about to start building up some more new KTMs that had arrived. Maybe see you Friday?
Kres or Anton or anyone??? Any plans set for tomorrow? I am probably 50/50 on whether I can ride or not. Unfortunately, my foot is still broken and I tried putting it in my boot tonight and it was still kinda painful.

Regardless, I will be at Moto VA Friday sometime between 10:00 a.m. and noon. I will bring my gear just in case and my 950 is on the showroom floor there.

Bob
Rallymoto #165
Old 02-23-2006, 06:19 PM   #10
AntonLargiader
Beastly Adventurer

I'll be there at 11:45. If anyone has a more solid plan, post it here.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:58 PM   #11
kres OP
Arrrrrrrrr!

I plan to be at Bodo's on The Corner around noon. As for a ride afterwards I'm trying to see if that is going to pan out. (They might actually want me to WORK! bastagis!)

In any case I will be making a point to swing by Moto Virginia.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:29 AM   #12
kres OP
Arrrrrrrrr!

Damnit!

Work mugged me. I'll be down to check out Moto-Virginia, but I'm not sure when now. !@#!@$!@%

Carry on without me.