Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #28
dogtiredRAT
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 708
One small tip for a solo traveller...

Fine single malt scotch.
Carry a bottle of it at all times, two reasons, firstly, snakebite, and secondly... if you have a really good bottle of scotch, you are never alone, there is always some like minded individual to help you drink it, and even if you can't find someone, (never happened to me...) you still have the scotch to drink.

It is one hell of an ice breaker when you walk into another travellers campsite.

Oh, and get a hip flask too, and carry it at all times for "emergencies".

And for the love of all things good, stick some masking tape where it is in your vision on your bike and write something like: -
"-> -> ->STAY RIGHT -> -> ->"
I spent way way too long headed straight at a Silverado one day wondering just what the fuck he was doing coming straight at me on my side of the road...

And expect to have some close calls walking across the road, seriously, this is the most dangerous thing I did over there. Had two very close calls.
The bloody cars come at you from the wrong direction!

And being an Aussie, there are certain standards you must uphold, for example, after a hard night stealth camping, find the largest flashest motel you can and park directly at the front door, go straight in like you own the place and sit yourself down for a large breakfast in the dining area,

I also recommend a diet low in fibre and high in cheese for many miles of uninterupted travel.
While I am on the subject... carry dunny roll with you all the time.
How does a country with the greatest number of fat arses have the worst toilet paper I have ever encountered? Seriously, 2 and a half inches wide, 3 microns thick, locked in some tamper proof bloody toilet roll holder that dispenses approximately 2 inches of paper at a time...

And if your hankering for a decent burger... you won't get one over there, go to a burger place with a salad bar, and then you can dress it up with lettuce, tomato and beetroot.
I tried to teach them the gentle art of frying onions for the burger, but I may as well have been talking Swahili.

dog.
dogtiredRAT is offline   Reply With Quote