ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Pics, pics, pics...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 10:20 PM   #6991
trinitydirt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: COLORADO, USA
Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftw View Post
Thanks, mate! I do feel appreciated, your company and your interest have really been very strong positive emotions generators ever since I joined the ADVrider community.
Thanks brother man! I couldnt zoom in on that pic enough to see what was in the photo. Kinda looked like a bike, or a wagon maybe. Any who, thanks for the education;-)
trinitydirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:51 PM   #6992
ftw
Beastly Adventurer
 
ftw's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2013
Oddometer: 1,264
No, it's the famous tachanka - a horse-drawn cart with the Maxim machinegun mounted, one of the deadliest weapons of the Russian Civil War ( 1918-1920 ):



Nestor Makhno ( leader of the anarchist insurgents in the south of the former Russian Empire ) was believed to be its inventor - the first who'd fell upon the idea of adding the superiority in range and firepower of heavy water-cooled machineguns to the manouevrability of sturdy double-horse carts confiscated from the German colonists. Most probably not true - I read about the Boers using the similar fighting vehicles during the Anglo-Boer wars twenty years earlier.

In modern Ukraine N. Makhno and his anarchist movement have gained some sort of cult following among the youngs who would align themselves neither to the socialist nor to the capitalist doctrine ( more or less like neo-Zapatista in Mexico ):




Some even have their cars painted in the Makhno tachanka-style:


ftw screwed with this post 03-31-2014 at 10:57 PM
ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:42 AM   #6993
Jon_PDX
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Clackamas, OR - USA
Oddometer: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftw View Post

It's in Ukrainian:

БИЙ ЧЕРВОНИХ,
ПОКИ НЕ ПОБІЛІЮТЬ!

FIGHT THE REDS,
'TIL THEY GO WHITE!



This is one of the slogans of the Nestor Makhno anarchist insurgents during the Russian Civil War ( 1918-1920 ), the Reds being the Bolshevik Communists and the Whites - their Tzarist adversaries.
Fantastic…..I love it

Stay safe,

Jon…
__________________
2003 Nighthawk 750
Past Bikes.....Check with my Wife.....I've lost count :-)
Jon_PDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:03 AM   #6994
rideforsmiles
Sheldon
 
rideforsmiles's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Byron Bay Australia and Earth
Oddometer: 1,903
This chick will go to any lengths to distract me from my blogging on Advrider but its not going to work, im not falling for those tired old tricks.






www.ride4smiles.com
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #6995
rideforsmiles
Sheldon
 
rideforsmiles's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Byron Bay Australia and Earth
Oddometer: 1,903
Being the nice guy I am and that everyone has been telling Ev that she should get her own bike I thought it only appropriate while we were somewhere quiet like here at Laguna Del Mojanda in Ecuador that I give her a few riding lessons.


Lesson 1: Honey you wont need that top it's only going to make you hot, TRUST ME im an expert on this sort of stuff.






It's plainly obvious Im trying to get my blog numbers up to counter her, it's war you know.
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #6996
8lives
Runnin on wonder
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Shasta County,Calif
Oddometer: 1,688
Aw yes Eva ,
__________________
http://8lives.smugmug.com/
Robin Williams was my hero,RIP!
2013 Wee Strom AKA Miley
1986 XT350 For going places the Wee shouldn't be!
I still see the world through KLR eyes
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #6997
tjzondrz
I'm older now.
 
tjzondrz's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Macungie,PA.
Oddometer: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by 150ron View Post
This is who ive been spanking about once or twice a month for the past 8+ years...



She aiight at best...
Holy-Moly Man
I'm gonna be 59 years old next month.I would be spanking her EVERY DAY.
And she would like it.

No,really.Nice gal you have.Treat her well.
__________________
" I'm your Huckleberry"
2012 DRZ400s
1980 IT175G
tjzondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #6998
JoeFab
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JoeFab's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: niagara falls, canada eh!
Oddometer: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
Aw yes Eva ,
+1...j.f.
JoeFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #6999
PFFOG
Richard Alps-aholic
 
PFFOG's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Western NY, further from NYC than 6 entire states
Oddometer: 2,019
Hey fix the focus would you, we all know how to spell Adventure Rider


Quote:
Originally Posted by rideforsmiles View Post
This chick will go to any lengths to distract me from my blogging on Advrider but its not going to work, im not falling for those tired old tricks.






www.ride4smiles.com
__________________
Tuscany 2010
Maritime Alps and Vosges

Richard
PFFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:53 AM   #7000
8lives
Runnin on wonder
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Shasta County,Calif
Oddometer: 1,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFFOG View Post
Hey fix the focus would you, we all know how to spell Adventure Rider
Funny I noticed the focus issue but missed what the Wizard of OZ was doing,he did say blogging.
__________________
http://8lives.smugmug.com/
Robin Williams was my hero,RIP!
2013 Wee Strom AKA Miley
1986 XT350 For going places the Wee shouldn't be!
I still see the world through KLR eyes
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:59 AM   #7001
BMW Kurt
Bluesman
 
BMW Kurt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: People's Republic of the United States
Oddometer: 10,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideforsmiles View Post
Being the nice guy I am and that everyone has been telling Ev that she should get her own bike I thought it only appropriate while we were somewhere quiet like here at Laguna Del Mojanda in Ecuador that I give her a few riding lessons.


Lesson 1: Honey you wont need that top it's only going to make you hot, TRUST ME im an expert on this sort of stuff.






It's plainly obvious Im trying to get my blog numbers up to counter her, it's war you know.

How do we know that's not really you with the helmet on?
__________________
"We blew it." -- Wyatt in Easy Rider
Kurt Nugent Photography
BMW Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:08 PM   #7002
Unclescar
Refried Bean
 
Unclescar's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Bartlett, TN
Oddometer: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFFOG View Post
Hey fix the focus would you, we all know how to spell Adventure Rider
Agreed...I say you redo the pic...maybe several times!

__________________
Uncle Scar
Unclescar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #7003
rideforsmiles
Sheldon
 
rideforsmiles's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Byron Bay Australia and Earth
Oddometer: 1,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclescar View Post
Agreed...I say you redo the pic...maybe several times!



Lesson 2: its all about balance, now lay back and relax, this will help you with all those difficult off road sections you might encounter.







I guess I should introduce you to Ev and myself since some of you might check out our blog here is a picture of the two of us.




rideforsmiles screwed with this post 04-01-2014 at 02:34 PM
rideforsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:38 PM   #7004
Rango
Phaneropter
 
Rango's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Kingdom of Belgium
Oddometer: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftw View Post
No, it's the famous tachanka - a horse-drawn cart with the Maxim machinegun mounted, one of the deadliest weapons of the Russian Civil War ( 1918-1920 ):



Nestor Makhno ( leader of the anarchist insurgents in the south of the former Russian Empire ) was believed to be its inventor - the first who'd fell upon the idea of adding the superiority in range and firepower of heavy water-cooled machineguns to the manouevrability of sturdy double-horse carts confiscated from the German colonists. Most probably not true - I read about the Boers using the similar fighting vehicles during the Anglo-Boer wars twenty years earlier.

In modern Ukraine N. Makhno and his anarchist movement have gained some sort of cult following among the youngs who would align themselves neither to the socialist nor to the capitalist doctrine ( more or less like neo-Zapatista in Mexico ):




Some even have their cars painted in the Makhno tachanka-style:

Thanks for another fascinating story. I will check out this Makhno character.

Does the "tachanka" style refer to the camo pattern or the slogan (?) on the back of the car?

The Boer war was heavily reported in the European press. I believe your assumption is on the mark.
__________________
Moriunt omnes pauci vivunt
Rango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #7005
4corners14
Studly Adventurer
 
4corners14's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 582
C'mon...

.....I'm not buying that. You've obviously photoshopped your chin in that pic!



I guess I should introduce you to Ev and myself since some of you might check out our blog here is a picture of the two of us.



[/QUOTE]
4corners14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014