Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 07:13 PM   #1501
bones_708
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangebear View Post
With all the guns in the usa one of the riders could of shot the drive in self defence as the 4x4 was used as a weapons.
Why not just put "I don't know anything about the US but I talk crap anyway" as your sig line?
bones_708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 09:07 PM   #1502
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by xltrider View Post

Maybe? The outcome of something he caused and CHOSE to be part of, right? You have no concept of cause and effect or personal responsibility. He should come live with you and you can change his poop bags, clothe and feed him.
I wasn't trying to defend what he did. Just pointing out, that there is little to celebrate, when somebody's injured for the rest of his life.

(kinda like when bin Laden was killed, and people were celebrating that news on the streets, was just macabre IMO - and by that I don't mean the fucker didn't deserve what he got, just show you're not living in medieval times any more).
Old 03-08-2014, 10:48 PM   #1503
JonU
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
(kinda like when bin Laden was killed, and people were celebrating that news on the streets, was just macabre IMO - and by that I don't mean the fucker didn't deserve what he got, just show you're not living in medieval times any more).
Pretty sure it would have been celebrated back then just as much as today. It might take longer to spread, but the celebration would be the same. But i do agree, it's kinda sad to celebrate someone's death
JonU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #1504
Sun Ray
Polyglottic Moran

Oddometer: 908
"Auspicious events favor the left
Inauspicious events favor the right
The lieutenant general is positioned to the left
The major general is positioned to the right
We say that they are treated as if in a funeral
Those who have been killed
Should be mourned with sadness
Victory in war should be treated as a funeral"

Tao Te Ching

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=936940
Sun Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:58 PM   #1505
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,574
Only 1,500 posts about a single accident, you guys are really slipping.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:58 AM   #1506
farmerstu
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
this event was hardly an accident and is certainly a topic worthy of discussion. it is still working its way thru the courts, with cops involved in assaulting the guy and lots of illegal bikes and riders, it bears watching.
farmerstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #1507
Motomochila
Mechanically Inept

Oddometer: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
Only 1,500 posts about a single accident, you guys are really slipping.
An "accident" involves one maybe more vehicles in a happenstance incident that may or may not include injuries to the parties involved. Many here may comment based on the severity, or if someone well-known is involved. This "incident" was a deliberate act of hooliganism by pieces of shit that don't belong on the road; i.e., the idiot that was injured.

Age old action and reaction. The reactions of one group cannot be determined by the actions of another, in this case both groups reacted, by the initial act perpetrated by one single asshole and the outcome wasn't what anybody expected. Oops...Shoulda thought about it first. No..wait the original offender doesn't have any brain cells to actually think. Just another jackass on an motorcycle. Is he on trial? I don't know, but this bares watching and broadcasting to everyone. The only way to keep this from happening more often is to keep it in the forefront of the media, here or elsewhere. Unfortunately too, this somehow will filter into our rights as motorcyclists.

I miss the days of lynch mobs and witch burnings. A few innocents got caught up, but generally the mobs got it right.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #1508
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomochila View Post
a lot of innocents get caught up, ocasionally the cops get it right.
fixed
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:51 AM   #1509
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,574
symantics...sheesh, it was just a joke and I was drunk. Happy Friday!
Old 04-01-2014, 03:21 PM   #1510
Andyvh1959
Cheesehead Klompen

Oddometer: 564
Its in the courts now. After over 100 pages of discussion about these dipshits on illegal bikes doing illegal things, you'd think by now most people would understand the so called "bikers" (they certainly are not motorcyclists) pretty much got what they deserved and will hopefully get more from the courts.

If they had been riding legally, riding legal licensed bikes, riding like most of the rest of us do in traffic, there'd be no story and discussion. Seems apparent they chose their own course and now have to live with the results of their actions.