Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2014, 03:56 AM   #451
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Oddometer: 17,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Luggage View Post
Looking at some narrow bags for the KTM 1190, water cooled beemers, and Triumph 800.
Would love to have a set of smaller bags for the Odyssey II mounts on my water boxer, for use when local, and use the big bags for trips.
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #452
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Oddometer: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
Looks like your website is down. I assume you are still in business though?
Yea, still in business. The website host is changing. (Hopefully the website as well. )
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:44 AM   #453
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by OroDas View Post
I'd love these to be mounted on a CB750 Nighthawk. Can you do that? Please!
We're working on too much new stuff to even think about your motorbike right now. But keep an ear open, we might have something for it this year.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #454
jhsjhs
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Good morning James, We're replying as quickly as we can.Please consider that we're basically a factory not a retail store. We're open Monday thru Thursday and you posted on Friday while we were closed, so no reply until today, Monday when we're open. As has been mentioned by others, the rear subframe is the same on the GSA as the GS. We didn't know that for sure either until some bikes started coming into the USA. Carolina BMW did the installation, not Jesse Luggage. (Thanks again Carolina) The rear compartment opens from the rear on the water cooled bikes. It's smaller than the oilhead ones, at 5 liter.

The difference between Ody's and Safari's are width size, Ody's are 10", Safari's are either 9" or 11". Safaris have rounded corners and cost more to make, hence cost more to purchase. The new price change is for Safari's only at the moment. $1580 USD for Safari's, (9" or 11"). Effective as soon as the webmaster changes the web page. (he takes weekends off as well and today's a holiday for many in the US). Al is working on the mount width issue, but exactly what that entails, I don't know. Sorry I can't be more specific with that info, I just don't have it.
Hope this helps.
Hi,

It looks in this picture and others I have seen that the bags are not centered on the bike--the mounts are very near the right turn signal, but there is a notable gap on the left side. Is there a reason for this? Thanks!
jhsjhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:24 AM   #455
J&K
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 279
I was wandering your website and I'm looking for the lid clickers I seen on Mr. Jesse's personal bike. Can I buy those? Also can I buy the tie down brackets I've seen on the outsides of the kids? Thanks any help would be very much appreciated.
2014 Ktm 1190 R adventure
2003 Ural
J&K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:43 AM   #456
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&K View Post
I was wandering your website and I'm looking for the lid clickers I seen on Mr. Jesse's personal bike. Can I buy those? Also can I buy the tie down brackets I've seen on the outsides of the kids? Thanks any help would be very much appreciated.
Check your PM's...
Old 03-19-2014, 06:47 AM   #457
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsjhs View Post
Hi,

It looks in this picture and others I have seen that the bags are not centered on the bike--the mounts are very near the right turn signal, but there is a notable gap on the left side. Is there a reason for this? Thanks!
There is a reason for this, but I don't know what it is/was. I'm told it was done on purpose, but wasn't told the reason.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #458
jhsjhs
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
There is a reason for this, but I don't know what it is/was. I'm told it was done on purpose, but wasn't told the reason.
Thanks for responding! If you get a chance, could you ask? It is the one thing I don't understand about a pretty impressive setup.
jhsjhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:36 PM   #459
DJ Tomás
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
I just received my new Odyssey 2 bags and mounts for my 2014 GSA. The mounts are new and don't look like the photos on their website. The back mounts to the BMW top mount for the original BMW vario cases. The front mounts to the sub frame. The bags are spaced evenly now. I was unable to find any directions since they were different than pictured on their website, but it was relatively easy to figure out.
Attached Images

DJ Tomás is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:39 PM   #460
Montauk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Did you find out the reason why there is hardly any gap between right side turn signal and Jessie case vs. left side. Left side gas more room.

Also right side been too tight, does that introduce heat into the tanks from the exhaust pipe?
Montauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #461
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,268
Water Cooled Top Boxes

Can you post some pictures and specs on the water cooled GS's top boxes and mounting plates? How they work and what the prices are would be much appreciated. There is nothing on your website. Some specifics on quick connect vs non quick would be great as well. Just a overall run down!!!
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 11:27 AM   #462
Jesse Luggage OP
Luggage Dude

Thumb fbj913

Will do, we have stuff that we are finishing off as we speak. I will get some of them up this weekend.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:29 PM   #463
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,268
Quote:
Will do, we have stuff that we are finishing off as we speak. I will get some of them up this weekend.
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:38 AM   #464
tps
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
BMW R1150GS Adventure

Do your racks/bags fit on the Adventure with the 1 piece 'seadoo' seat, along with the top box? Is there a rack or brace for the notoriously weak rear tail? I see all kinds of cool things from your company, but can't find anything on the website...
http://www.drysideriders.com
tps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #465
genka
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,482
I managed to smash both my panniers on a single trip. All my mounts, hinges and seals are still intact. Do you sell just the boxes and leads without the hardware? I have Safari 115s, can I replace them with smaller units and retrofit my hardware?

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline   Reply With Quote