User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2014, 05:08 PM   #226
MELTZ
n00b

Oddometer: 3
A big thanks to pmmc

Thanks to Brian and all the PMMC members who helped put this DS ride together.
The first 10 miles were a blast!! Love the single track. BBQ at the park was a home run, good stuff.
Our group had a lead rider from the CADS who did a great job of keeping up with everyone. THANKS!! Our group rode together like we had known each other for years. That is the great thing about motorcycling, it is such a great sport.
Thanks again for the invite to ride. What a beautiful place.
Can't wait till next year
MELTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:33 PM   #227
RichardD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 499
!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosrider View Post
Big Thanks to all who worked to put together a great weekend.

My wife got to join me this time and it was great to give her a big challenge . I think she fell 4 times in the first 20 minutes right out of the gate. Once she got that past her she did very well.

Of course me losing her in the woods towards the end of the ride surprised me . Worked out better than I thought ... I thought she would be mad at me. Instead she said she really enjoyed riding by herself without me pushing her the whole time She said she finally got a chance to look around. She was a big trooper though. On one of her falls, she took the handle bar in her lower stomach. She now has a bruise covering her entire stomach . But she didn't let that stop her from having a good time as the area was too nice not to get to ride.

We will definitely have this on the schedule for next year
One of my most memorable and enjoyable rides in my life was with Rich and Kim in Alabama. Nobody beats Kim when it comes to perseverance and a great attitude.
RichardD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #228
phoneman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosrider View Post
Hi Randy, it was great to see you again. Also thanks to you, wing and "cousin Jerry" for sweeping us all day. The wife was laughing at how one of the sweeps was giving her minute updates on how long it was from her last fall. She said you guys were great fun to be around.

Cheers
Kaos--that was probably me picking on her a little. I hope she didn't take it wrong.

She never once complained about anything after any of her " mishaps ". She'd just jump up and she was ready to go again. I'd say she's pretty tough.

Enjoyed riding with yall -- hope she gets over the soreness soon.

Just make sure to tell her that I have some good video of Wing trying to ride two different ruts at the same time. I think he lost points for dabbing.
phoneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 07:54 PM   #229
kaosrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 828
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
Kaos--that was probably me picking on her a little. I hope she didn't take it wrong.

She never once complained about anything after any of her " mishaps ". She'd just jump up and she was ready to go again. I'd say she's pretty tough.

Enjoyed riding with yall -- hope she gets over the soreness soon.

Just make sure to tell her that I have some good video of Wing trying to ride two different ruts at the same time. I think he lost points for dabbing.
She thought you guys were great. The ribbing and picking on her, helped her laugh at herself and just have fun with it all. She loved it and had a great time. The is how I found out she was having more fun in the back with you guys than with me trying to make her go faster. It was all good, and knowing you guys were back there made it no stress for me.

Everyone was just fun to be around the entire weekend. Can't wait till next year.

Cheers
kaosrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #230
jadams
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Thank you to Brian, his family and all PMMC members for a great event. This was a well-planned great ride. The single track was challenging but a blast to ride. The lunch on Saturday hit the spot. To all of the ride leaders thank you for taking on the job of guiding us on this ride. We had a great group of riders. Can’t wait till the next DS ride a PMMC.
jadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #231
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!

Oddometer: 3,256
Adding my thanks also Brian!

Please talk to your Club membership about adding more sections of Singletrack to next years event.

MORE riders WILL attend.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #232
Day13
Worst Avatar EVER!

Oddometer: 676
Paging Garrett from the Pensacola area riders group. I'm posting this for Sam who spoke to you on this ride about some SM wheels for a KTM. He wanted to give you first shot at them and needs your contact info. If you'll PM me, I'll put you two in touch. Sam has some, um, "technological dysfunctionality" that necessitates my involvement...

Dave

Day13 screwed with this post 04-18-2014 at 11:47 AM
Day13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #233
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,163
Bduke, thanks for making this event happen! I had a great time!

The Saturday ride was a nice mix of terrain. On Sunday, we bypassed part of the D/S ride & Glenn led us on some real nice singletrack!

The food and the BS sessions @ Chez Phil's was awesome!

Good to see all of you FFs again.

Here's a few pics...

Wanker camp...

The "crick" by the camp...

Rider's meeting...

Some random pics along the Saturday route...

Looking forward to doing it again soon!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #234
Vico1
The Maestro

Oddometer: 5,973
I was wrong!!!

I told Brian that the single track was a little rough for a dual sport and most would not like it.

I was wrong! Very wrong!

There were those who new their limits and stayed away from the first section, and then there were the fastburners who I knew would love this section, but the rest of the pack fooled me. It seems everyone was craving just a tad more of the tighter rougher trails. Good for you guys. Up for a challenge and all that. So remember next year! Be careful what you ask for, cause PM can certainly give it to you.

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #235
Day13
Worst Avatar EVER!

Oddometer: 676
Found OrangeGarrett over on the Pensacola thread. Thanks.
Day13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:58 PM   #236
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
I told Brian that the single track was a little rough for a dual sport and most would not like it.

I was wrong! Very wrong!

There were those who new their limits and stayed away from the first section, and then there were the fastburners who I knew would love this section, but the rest of the pack fooled me. It seems everyone was craving just a tad more of the tighter rougher trails. Good for you guys. Up for a challenge and all that. So remember next year! Be careful what you ask for, cause PM can certainly give it to you.

That was some sweet singletrack! There were a few sections and a couple of hill climbs I did with Hatch Saturday afternoon. On Sunday, I think we rode the 11 mile loop 3 times. The first 2 times at a brisk pace. The last time at a more than brisk pace.

We also did the marked singletrack at the end of the 11 mile loop. And then... and then... and then... well... you get the point. We probably rode quite a few of the trails in the area. Lots of mud, lots of ruts, lots of barkbuster tree banging... woohoo! I suggested to Brian that maybe at the next event, there should be a small bike singletrack loop or maybe even run the same track as the enduro for those idiots, such as myself, who enjoy the punishment.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote