Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2014, 03:30 PM   #1441
rgon
explore cordilleras

Oddometer: 138
Talking Cordilleras, Northern Luzon

Want to ride in the northern part?
Ride with me and my wife. Our destination is Pasil, Kalinga for the Cordillera Day 2014 event. This will be a Ride and Camp activity with cultural show at night. The ride dates will be April 24 onwards or until budget and time permits. My budget is only good for 3 to 4 days on the road so to reduce cost, camping with bland meal will be my priority, no fancy resta...urant. The views and sceneries however, will be colorful and “yummy”. So pack your cameras, leave your truck in our place if you feel lazy to ride your dually up to Baguio or I can arrange a dual sport bike for you, xr200 (with tire levers, air pump, basic tools, upgraded lamps, side luggage rack and rear rack ...ooopps by the way I am renting out a tent also ). Please arrive before April 24. We offer affordable accommodation or you stay in a place of your choice.
Possible routes:
1. Baguio-Bontoc via Halsema highway then on to Sadanga-Tinglayan-Lubuagan-Pasil. Register for the event or partial registration(?), kung pwede.
2. Pasil-Pinukpuk-Conner then aim for Pudtol and Luna which roads I am not familiar with then go back, same road, to Pasil or Tabuk then head to Paracelis-Potia-Aguinaldo-Mayoyao-Banaue-Hungduan-Tinoc-Abatan-Baguio
3. From Pasil to where my bike brings me….
4. From Pasil, you may break away from me and draw your own adventure ride route Goodluck!

Old 04-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #1442
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgon View Post
Ride with me and my wife. Our destination is Pasil, Kalinga for the Cordillera Day 2014 event. This will be a Ride and Camp activity with cultural show at night. The ride dates will be April 24 onwards or until budget and time permits. My budget is only good for 3 to 4 days on the road so to reduce cost, camping with bland meal will be my priority, no fancy resta...urant. The views and sceneries however, will be colorful and “yummy”. So pack your cameras, leave your truck in our place if you feel lazy to ride your dually up to Baguio or I can arrange a dual sport bike for you, xr200 (with tire levers, air pump, basic tools, upgraded lamps, side luggage rack and rear rack ...ooopps by the way I am renting out a tent also ). Please arrive before April 24. We offer affordable accommodation or you stay in a place of your choice.
Possible routes:
1. Baguio-Bontoc via Halsema highway then on to Sadanga-Tinglayan-Lubuagan-Pasil. Register for the event or partial registration(?), kung pwede.
2. Pasil-Pinukpuk-Conner then aim for Pudtol and Luna which roads I am not familiar with then go back, same road, to Pasil or Tabuk then head to Paracelis-Potia-Aguinaldo-Mayoyao-Banaue-Hungduan-Tinoc-Abatan-Baguio
3. From Pasil to where my bike brings me….
4. From Pasil, you may break away from me and draw your own adventure ride route Goodluck!
Wish I could join you, but I am out at sea working at the moment :(
We, my girlfriend and I, might do a northern Luzon trip in May, if her schedule permit. We will be riding two-up on our CRF250L.
She is up there now (traveled by bus) visiting friends.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #1443
rgon
explore cordilleras

Quote:
Originally Posted by 610 View Post
... I, might do a northern Luzon trip in May, if her schedule permit. We will be riding two-up on our CRF250L.
...good luck with your trip planning. the ride schedule for May is in Bicolandia, 500kms south of Manila.
you are welcome to do your small maintenance routine in our place in Baguio. I have basic tools, garage and of course brewed coffee

cheers!

..will these diy farkles make it on the rough terrains of the Cordilleras?

rgon screwed with this post 04-15-2014 at 04:03 AM
rgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:41 AM   #1444
GreyThumper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
New member here. Nice to see there's a thread for rides in the Philippines. This is me (in the annoyingly hi viz jacket) with some friends riding the Bauan-Mabini Circumferential Road around Anilao.

GreyThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:37 AM   #1445
250txc
250TXC

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyThumper View Post
New member here. Nice to see there's a thread for rides in the Philippines. This is me (in the annoyingly hi viz jacket) with some friends riding the Bauan-Mabini Circumferential Road around Anilao.
I've been here 4 yrs and just returned from a cross island ride through the mountains (East to west and back) of Cebu ride from Danao City to Balamban doing a small MX race with a good friend there ... I'm more of a pure dirt bike rider than ADV guy, its very easy to say you will have a hard time convincing me any dirt bike riding is better than here when you consider all aspects of a dirt bike ride ... The best aspect is the people and their attitude on life ...

Happy Easter to all!
250txc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:53 AM   #1446
rgon
explore cordilleras

Thumb

Quote:
New member here. Nice to see there's a thread for rides in the Philippines....
cool bikes
Old 04-21-2014, 07:21 AM   #1447
raj914
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Quote:

Nice! Thanks for sharing
Old 04-23-2014, 12:24 AM   #1448
carloscyclecare
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Welcome Greythumper! Keep sharing
Old 04-23-2014, 12:27 AM   #1449
carloscyclecare
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgon View Post
Possible routes:
3. From Pasil to where my bike brings meÂ….

Good luck and godspeed on your adventure rgon! Take lots of pictures and share it
Old 04-23-2014, 12:28 AM   #1450
carloscyclecare
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotJP? View Post
Carlos, Thanks. Nice report looks like a good trip. I am sure Herc would have loved it.

Cheers to that
Old 04-23-2014, 12:31 AM   #1451
carloscyclecare
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj914 View Post
Carlo, thank you for sharing your RR pics. I live in Paranaque, if ever you guys will be near just let me know so I can meet you guys
Sure thing raj914!
Old 04-23-2014, 12:33 AM   #1452
carloscyclecare
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderako View Post
I got the first ferry trip off Negros Island to Mindanao the following day. There were a lot of (big) bikes in Dapitan since the 20th Annual Motorcycle Convention is a day away. I made my way down to Ilagan via the coastal roads of Oroquieta then took a short ferry trip in Ozamis City.

Maria Cristina Falls

it was only 3PM but the route I am about to take is 'HOSTILE' and 'CRITICAL' so I have to wait the following morning to proceed. That's when I got extra time and was able to get my hands on a keyboard, hence my first post about this trip..

The following morning, my target was Cotabato City via Marawi City.

a lot of rough roads but I made it out in one piece. There were also military checkpoints every 10-20 kms but even they still precaution against traveling these parts alone.

I was asked to remove my helmet when I got to Cotabato City. I obliged but as soon as I made the first turn, I put it back on. I was like "You guys have any idea what the ADVers will say about ATGATT!"

The Grand Mosque

oh, it comes in PINK too??

I was feeling great about my progress I blew past Cotabato City and headed for General Santos City

Sultan Kudarat

I was still feeling great when I got to GenSan that I decided, "Why not ride some more?" so I made it to Davao City by 10PM
Thanks for sharing riderako. Keep it up
Old 04-23-2014, 12:36 AM   #1453
keiPHadventure
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Another Pinoy Rider

Hi guys... how do I post photos? I'm kind of a klutz when it comes to these stuff. Hope you can help me out! I'd like to share some photos with you all as well. Cheers!
Old 04-23-2014, 12:37 AM   #1454
carloscyclecare
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aco201 View Post
I have been looking through many of the posts here and it really make me "homesick".
Can not wait to get back to Phils and go touring again.. :)

Great thread!!

:)
Welcome to the asylum Aco201
Old 04-23-2014, 05:49 AM   #1455
raj914
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by keiPHadventure View Post
Hi guys... how do I post photos? I'm kind of a klutz when it comes to these stuff. Hope you can help me out! I'd like to share some photos with you all as well. Cheers!
Hi keiPHadventure,

Try to sign up for a photobucket, flickr, or smugmug account then you can copy and paste the IMG link on here. Let me know if you need further help. Will be waiting for your pics