Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > New Zealand
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 01:05 PM   #1651
Kokopelli
Yeah, right!

Oddometer: 4,518
I didn't realise we had a problem with tanks in this area.
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:39 PM   #1652
innathyzit
AKA Woodman

Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
You talking about the old Whanga rd or one of the forestry roads leading into the forest? There is a forestry rd Nelson side of the mt duppa proper turn off which looks a little overgrownish. Hippolite rd is the one with the tank traps at the end of it.
I do have a friend with all the forestry rds maps for GPS' I should really go see them & get them.

been thinking about the tinline again - might be tie to have a look up there too sometime. Good thing about getting older is forgetting the tracks makes it an exploratory adventure all over again

Right, I will type slowly so we all undersand....Oooo--kay.

if you ride quite a few kms past the turnoff opposite Hori bay, their is a track that heads up into the bush that if you follow comes to a fork. If you follow the fork to the left it takes you way up on a grassy track to a transmiiter way up on a hill and their are a few cool tracks as well. Ride back down to the fork and it will take you to the entrance opposite-ish Hori Bay or will carry on to the lost old whanga road. Its a good hoon.

Maybe its the roads you have been talking about all along , but it doesn't sound like it. If so ignore me. Had a shit day.

We need to go for a NADS (Never A Dull Sunday) ride up their soon.

Free Sunday Arvo.
innathyzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:31 PM   #1653
Padmei OP
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,370
I'm widdya now

http://www.topomap.co.nz/NZTopoMap/n...ori-Bay/Nelson

Man for some reason I get really excited looking at Topo maps. Spose it's the same for oldies looking at the glossy luxury boat cruise brochures in the paper - that suggestion of adventure (along with a new romance - cmon everybody sing with me now - Looooove life's sweetest reward, let it flow, it floats back to you...)

Anytime this weekend would be good except for Sat morning.
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:04 AM   #1654
innathyzit
AKA Woodman

Quote:
I'm widdya now

http://www.topomap.co.nz/NZTopoMap/n...ori-Bay/Nelson

Man for some reason I get really excited looking at Topo maps. Spose it's the same for oldies looking at the glossy luxury boat cruise brochures in the paper - that suggestion of adventure (along with a new romance - cmon everybody sing with me now - Looooove life's sweetest reward, let it flow, it floats back to you...)

Anytime this weekend would be good except for Sat morning.

Oooo, I see hebberds road joins up with tinline, some exploring needs to be done indeed. OOh ooh I have a GPS now, maybe I can plot a track or something??
Old 04-01-2014, 12:14 AM   #1655
Padmei OP
enamoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by innathyzit View Post
Oooo, I see hebberds road joins up with tinline, some exploring needs to be done indeed. OOh ooh I have a GPS now, maybe I can plot a track or something??
Oooooh stop it i'm getting giddy with excitement. Plotting the tracks is one thing but trying to edit them on the computorer is another kettle of fish. Shit disregard that I don't want this to turn into a GPS nerdy type thread - just keep it to manly exploring & BMWs
Old 04-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #1656
Te Hopo
AKA Deanohit

Oddometer: 721
Quote:
Topo maps are awesome, I have a whole bunch of them covering Marlborough, from the top of the Sounds down to Kaikoura and across past Nelson Lakes.

A useful find recently was the NZTopo app, basically it downloads all of the NZ topo maps onto your phone.
It's pretty easy to use while looking for future rides during your lunch break at work.

My DRZ400E Thread
Te Hopo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:20 PM   #1657
innathyzit
AKA Woodman

Quote:
Oooooh stop it i'm getting giddy with excitement. Plotting the tracks is one thing but trying to edit them on the computorer is another kettle of fish. Shit disregard that I don't want this to turn into a GPS nerdy type thread - just keep it to manly exploring & BMWs

Its ok, I will take my GPS and just occaisionally stop and push buttons on it and nod knowingly and point in random directions so everyone thinks I know WTF I am doing.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:39 PM   #1658
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer: 1,605
Quote:
just keep it to manly exploring & BMWs
aren’t they mutually exclusive?
Old 04-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #1659
Padmei OP
enamoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
aren’t they mutually exclusive?
Why no, not at all. We're all quite manly under our goatskin leggings...

Shouldn't you be smoothing out the wrinkles & adjustinf youe seams in your skintight leathers you roadie hag
Old 04-02-2014, 12:58 AM   #1660
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot

Oddometer: 1,605
Quote:
Why no, not at all. We're all quite manly under our scroteskin leggings...

Shouldn't you be smoothing out the wrinkles & adjustinf youe seams in your skintight leathers you roadie hag
I quite fancy a flash leather jacket but I don't somehow think I'll ever wear anything skintight

and I prefer roadie slag not roadie hag thank you very much.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:25 PM   #1661
Padmei OP
enamoured

Odo 6821

Did a valve check & found the LHS intake tight. Retorqued the head even trying to do SS' trick to pull the rocker supports in with a clamp to minimise endfloat (no luck - too fustrating)
RHS ones were ok.

Adjusted idle up a bit then synched carbs at idle & at 3Krevs. Went for a quick ride & found the engine braking not as good as it was. Maybe that's why I usually set my idle a bit lower -I never have to stop at traffic lites etc so a faster oil slinging idle isn't that necessary however trials riding requires a bit more help from the engune brake dept. Will see what happens.

Oil is now just over max so hopefully I won't be getting too much more oil blowout thru the breeather pipe.

Best job I did today was to finally find the bloody turbo timer stuffed under the dash on the Bighorn & turn it off- yahoo- no more fumes in the house. Also arseholed the left-key-in beeper. Frick I hate having non human things telling me what to do - the microwave is bad enough.

I've commited to riding with the Blenhiem crew tomm. Bit apprehensive - not quite sure what they'll be like. Kinda like going to visit your new girlfriends favourite mad aunty.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:28 AM   #1662
Te Hopo
AKA Deanohit

Oddometer: 721
Hahaha mate, none of us that are gonna be there have ridden together yet so I think we all know the feeling at the moment

My DRZ400E Thread
Te Hopo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:19 AM   #1663
Box'a'bits
In need of repair

Oddometer: 2,005
Found you the perfect dirt bike Padmei. Too cool...

It's just better when there's twins involved....
Box'a'bits is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:33 AM   #1664
Padmei OP
enamoured

Now you're talking! Not too far to fall on one of those buggers & picking it up would be a breeze.

Sometimes I would rather hang out with these guys tho than go ride...

Old 04-28-2014, 01:52 AM   #1665
Box'a'bits
In need of repair

Oddometer: 2,005
Quote:
Now you're talking! Not too far to fall on one of those buggers & picking it up would be a breeze.
I suspect the reason for Muse being played over the video is it made it feel more energetic. I suspect they sound like lawner mowers / a damp fart.
Quote:
Sometimes I would rather hang out with these guys tho than go ride...
That's been around for a while now. Did you see Jim Day's bike in it?

It's just better when there's twins involved....
Box'a'bits is online now   Reply With Quote