ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #1
Adiventure OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Boston Area Exhaust Shop

Due to some melted plastic and the surprise experience of finding out what a KLR with a straight pipe sounds like, getting my exhaust sorted has moved substantially up my todo list. Doing things the way I apparently like to (expensive and complicated) is going to require that I get a midpipe made for me, which is something none of the bike shops I contacted felt up to. Does anyone have experience with a place that can do that bit of fabrication and get to it before next winter? >.<
It's been suggested I check out custom car exhaust shops, but I don't even know where to start there. Any help would be appreciated.
Adiventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:23 PM   #2
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,757
I'd like to know too. I have a 2Bros muffler and need pipe bent to connect it to the rest of the exhaust. I hope you find someone who can do it.

You might try calling Harry's Machine Parts in Northboro. I don't think they do that kind of thing but might know someone who does.
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:30 PM   #3
SDIZZY
N00b

Oddometer: 265
exhaust

Not super local for you, but might ping the guys at Hartford Muffler down here in RI, I use them for all my car exhaust when i used to be into that sort of thing, theyre good people.

http://www.hartfordmuffler.com/index.html
SDIZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:48 PM   #4
Adiventure OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post
I'd like to know too. I have a 2Bros muffler and need pipe bent to connect it to the rest of the exhaust. I hope you find someone who can do it.

You might try calling Harry's Machine Parts in Northboro. I don't think they do that kind of thing but might know someone who does.
Heh, Harry's is who GBS pointed me to, and they were the ones to suggest finding a car shop. There's a guy locally, Baystate Motorcycle Service, who seemed willing to do it, but he said they couldn't do any fabrication till the off season XD. Given that with a pipebender what I need could probably be done in a half an hour or less with most of the time spent checking the fit, that seemed a tad suspect.

I'll definitely give Hartford a call, if I could get this done in a day, with 2 hours driving, I'd consider it a success. Slightly worried about what the SS weld and bend will cost, but what the hey.
Adiventure is offline   Reply With Quote