ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 05:59 AM   #5791
NJDirtRiders
Gnarly Adventurer
 
NJDirtRiders's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: The prison state
Oddometer: 448
Don't rush it being a Moto Dad is expensive! Haha specially for two! And im iust a Moto Uncle!! There parents arent into it 😁
__________________
07 BMW R1200GS, 06 YZ250 Plated Woods Weapon, 06 YZ250 Motocross,
www.njdirtriders.com
NJDirtRiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:02 AM   #5792
loph917
Beard Bros Racing
 
loph917's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: state of pain and confusion
Oddometer: 4,470
brazen is actually operating a terra 650


undisclosed location in the garden state
__________________
[ this space for rent ]
loph917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:41 PM   #5793
Schickmeister
Youngin'
 
Schickmeister's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Your Mom's House
Oddometer: 2,665


Check out his car reviews too...specifically the Miata and Lincoln Town Car. This guy is great.
__________________
Jason
'11 Flying Banana
Schickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:47 PM   #5794
KL_ARRR
Adventure Piggy
 
KL_ARRR's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Central NJ
Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickmeister View Post
Check out his car reviews too...specifically the Miata and Lincoln Town Car. This guy is great.
I have really enjoyed most of his reviews. He is in the Allentown PA area, and I think he needs more bikes to review.
KL_ARRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:48 PM   #5795
Schickmeister
Youngin'
 
Schickmeister's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Your Mom's House
Oddometer: 2,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL_ARRR View Post
I have really enjoyed most of his reviews. He is in the Allentown PA area, and I think he needs more bikes to review.
I nominate Doc and his GS...that way all the stereotypes will be true.
__________________
Jason
'11 Flying Banana
Schickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:50 PM   #5796
Schickmeister
Youngin'
 
Schickmeister's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Your Mom's House
Oddometer: 2,665
Other update: my GS has a fuel pump defect, which is covered by a recall, so that's getting fixed by the fine folks at XCountry BMW. Since it's currently in 10,000 pieces, I'm waiting to hear word on what the trade value will be. So for now, I'm still a GS owner.

That said...I demoed a Street Triple R...and while I'm not in that market for that type of bike, that was without a doubt the most fun thing I've ever ridden.
__________________
Jason
'11 Flying Banana
Schickmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:41 PM   #5797
CaseyB
Adventually
 
CaseyB's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: The Garden State
Oddometer: 435
Follow up from a bit ago:

Awhile back I had asked about pricing/how-to for fixing leaky fork seals



I ended up taking my 2010 te 310 to a professional to have the entire enchilada done.

Drew with WER (works enduro rider) is a good dude. I was straight up with him about my lack of knowledge, he walked me through everything he was going to do and I promptly forgot most of it. (he revalved the forks and rebuilt the shock. Now my fat ass doesn't bottom out the bike)

Once I had that baby out on the trail and into some roots and rocks, it kept telling me 'ride me faster, ride me faster' and I kept saying to myself 'it can take it, it can take it'...And it did great - up until the point where I accidentally whacked the throttle and took a side excursion off the trail and into the woods

bike is great now though and I'm very glad to have met Drew. As soon as funds are available, I will be taking my 690 to him.

Just wanted to share a good experience.





Bike will be at hawkins bridge this weekend, if anyone wants to look at it
__________________
One Of These Days
CaseyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:58 PM   #5798
Yellow Iron
Beastly Adventurer
 
Yellow Iron's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain Corners North Jersey
Oddometer: 3,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickmeister View Post
Other update: my GS has a fuel pump defect, which is covered by a recall, so that's getting fixed by the fine folks at XCountry BMW. Since it's currently in 10,000 pieces, I'm waiting to hear word on what the trade value will be. So for now, I'm still a GS owner.

That said...I demoed a Street Triple R...and while I'm not in that market for that type of bike, that was without a doubt the most fun thing I've ever ridden.
10,000 pieces why
So thats the reason x country can't do my recall till sometime next month
__________________
Bigger Better Faster More----4 non blondes
Feel the Power of the Wheel
Yellow Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #5799
haystack
Just ride
 
haystack's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Jersey Highlands
Oddometer: 3,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickmeister View Post
Other update: my GS has a fuel pump defect, which is covered by a recall, so that's getting fixed by the fine folks at XCountry BMW. Since it's currently in 10,000 pieces, I'm waiting to hear word on what the trade value will be. So for now, I'm still a GS owner.

That said...I demoed a Street Triple R...and while I'm not in that market for that type of bike, that was without a doubt the most fun thing I've ever ridden.
Before you trade it in, my brother is looking for a GSA. If you can send him a PM, you just might be able to help a fellow inmate live his AdventureRidin dreams. http://advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=128669
__________________
.
.
Indeed, This is a gentleman's game....
Quote:
German W.O.D. Certified
2014 Winner of the Biggest Potato in Jersey
haystack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #5800
docgonzo
Old Gadfly
 
docgonzo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
Oddometer: 13,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickmeister View Post
I nominate Doc and his GS...that way all the stereotypes will be true.
Nice seeing you the other day at Cross Country. In real life, you seem to be a nice young fellow!

p.s., your girlfriend is pretty cute!
__________________
later, *
docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:21 PM   #5801
sallydog
no more Green KLR
 
sallydog's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: exit 98 NJ
Oddometer: 5,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by loph917 View Post
brazen is actually operating a terra 650
wow... looks very awesome and the girl looks good too
__________________
Its not who dies with the most toys.. Its who wears out the most toys
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.
if you havent grown up by age 50 you dont have to
Heaven's the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you
sallydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:24 PM   #5802
Dieselpwr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dieselpwr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schickmeister View Post
Other update: my GS has a fuel pump defect, which is covered by a recall, so that's getting fixed by the fine folks at XCountry BMW. Since it's currently in 10,000 pieces, I'm waiting to hear word on what the trade value will be. So for now, I'm still a GS owner.

That said...I demoed a Street Triple R...and while I'm not in that market for that type of bike, that was without a doubt the most fun thing I've ever ridden.
Mine is there for the recall also.
__________________
2011 BMW R1200R Classic
Dieselpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:26 AM   #5803
lulo
Cochino Aventurero
 
lulo's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: NNJ
Oddometer: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by haystack View Post
Before you trade it in, my brother is looking for a GSA. If you can send him a PM, you just might be able to help a fellow inmate live his AdventureRidin dreams. http://advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=128669
I may be able to assist with that ;)

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk
__________________
Felipe
"Deus Ex Machina"
lulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:37 AM   #5804
docgonzo
Old Gadfly
 
docgonzo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2002
Location: within 20 miles of the Center of the Universe
Oddometer: 13,058
Motorcycle zero to 60 times...

http://www.zeroto60times.com/Motorcy...mph-Times.html

Average time for most fast bikes is 3 seconds! Would cost over $60,000 to get a car that can go that fast! No wonder we get an adrenaline rush when we ride!
__________________
later, *
docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:21 PM   #5805
wmako
bored in NJ
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Andover, New Jersey
Oddometer: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Follow up from a bit ago:

Awhile back I had asked about pricing/how-to for fixing leaky fork seals



I ended up taking my 2010 te 310 to a professional to have the entire enchilada done.

Drew with WER (works enduro rider) is a good dude. I was straight up with him about my lack of knowledge, he walked me through everything he was going to do and I promptly forgot most of it. (he revalved the forks and rebuilt the shock. Now my fat ass doesn't bottom out the bike)

Once I had that baby out on the trail and into some roots and rocks, it kept telling me 'ride me faster, ride me faster' and I kept saying to myself 'it can take it, it can take it'...And it did great - up until the point where I accidentally whacked the throttle and took a side excursion off the trail and into the woods

bike is great now though and I'm very glad to have met Drew. As soon as funds are available, I will be taking my 690 to him.

Just wanted to share a good experience.





Bike will be at hawkins bridge this weekend, if anyone wants to look at it
Drew is a great guy, and knows his stuff.
__________________
wmako
RRMC

1979 CX500
1990 DR350


Ride Reports

Wmako's moped army rides from Jersey to Una-F'n-dilla (August 2010)
wmako is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014