ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #76
SteelB12
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,324
YEs, thanks for the opportunity to work on my bike and steal some lunch!
Old 04-26-2014, 02:54 PM   #77
JasonF
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Thanks to Jim, his wife, and all those who helped to feed us both morning snacks and lunch. It was great learning how to adjust rocker end play and getting the ABS system bled. Also thanks to Beemer Boneyard for the generous gifts that were raffled off. Awesome tech day!

Jason
JasonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:27 PM   #78
HighWay319
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Great day with great people. Thanks again for everything Jim! Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1398554852106.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  98.1 KB

Sent from here

HighWay319 screwed with this post 04-28-2014 at 07:59 PM
HighWay319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #79
htbyron
n00b - now with a thumper

Oddometer: 287
Kudos and many thanks to Jim and everyone who contributed to the tech day. I enjoyed meeting folks and watching the wrenching. Maybe someday I'll get up the courage to try it myself. (To that end, I'm looking forward to watching the JVB videos...)
Old 04-26-2014, 06:40 PM   #80
geauXplor
gō-ikˈsplôr

Oddometer: 288
Thank You

It was great meeting everyone today and thanks for the great hospitality Jim. I really appreciate all the help you and Kermit gave me today. Thank you.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain
geauXplor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:44 PM   #81
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 49,313
What a great day! Lots of old and new friends came by, the weather was perfect, the food not bad, and a LOT of work got done! Thanks to all of you who came and enjoyed the day with us. I hope I made a couple new friends, and helped a few people along the way!

Thanks also to Beemer Boneyard for the great gifts. They were very popular, and nearly all of the 30+ participants took something home!

By the way, a couple of you have DVDs coming, please send me your address and I will send them to you!

Thanks again, and see you next year!
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #82
SteelB12
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,324
That is the coolest top case I have ever seen
Old 04-27-2014, 06:28 AM   #83
genka
SUV hater

Oddometer: 1,524
Jim, thanks for hosting the event, it was great, just like the last time. And thanks to BBY for the prizes!
I have to say that KLR stole the show

Форум мотоциклистов в США http://www.xytopok.net/mvnforum/listthreads?forum=31
genka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:01 AM   #84
ironklad
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Thank's Jim for putting this on and thanks to Beemer Boneyard for the goodies, especially the oil filter wrench I won. It's a great learning opportunity and fun to meet everyone and check out all the bikes. The highlight was HighWay319 who rode up from Charlotte to replace his aluminum final drive flange with the new and improved steel part and of course he and Jim made all the hard work seem easy.
ironklad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #85
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironklad View Post
Thank's Jim for putting this on and thanks to Beemer Boneyard for the goodies, especially the oil filter wrench I won. It's a great learning opportunity and fun to meet everyone and check out all the bikes. The highlight was HighWay319 who rode up from Charlotte to replace his aluminum final drive flange with the new and improved steel part and of course he and Jim made all the hard work seem easy.
I merely provided Guidance, a heat gun and welding gloves! Chris did the hard work!

Lots of help from Jerry Skene and Kermit as well! These tech days are great because we all help each other!
Old 04-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #86
HighWay319
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironklad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
I merely provided Guidance, a heat gun and welding gloves! Chris did the hard work!

Lots of help from Jerry Skene and Kermit as well! These tech days are great because we all help each other!
To be honest I was a little mad yesterday.... I rode 850 miles round trip to see Jim's "home made flange installer" and the man just slides the flange on by hand.

It was great meeting everyone and hopefully next year I can just show up to just say Hi.
HighWay319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:41 AM   #87
phreakingeek
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 333
what a great event

Many thanks to Jim and family for their hospitality.

I almost didn't make it, but sure glad I did. Got to meet some good folks, work on bikes, and eat...hard to beat that kind of shindig.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson
phreakingeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 07:47 PM   #88
KShow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 402
Jim, sorry I missed it, it looked like a blast. We took a test ride last week, rode out to Vail, Colorado, I changed my oil, friend actually got a VIN inspection and tags for his bike. Then we rode home. 3800 mile shakedown run went well. His Ohlins are going away for a rebuild, exhaust extension needs to be fabbed for his bike. I need tires, and for my new suspension to arrive.

Harley Davidson (noun) -The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise, without the side effect of horsepower.
KShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #89
kjackson
It's just me...

Oddometer: 189
I had a great time too Jim. I always learn something new goofing around with these things.

I also discovered why I couldn't see the torque wrench settings or find that damned arrow on the cam sprocket. Dumb-ass me put my contacts in the wrong case the night before. So, you guessed it, wrong contacts in each eye! Can still see see "fine" overall, but my near vision goes to hell. I thought it was just the lighting and me getting older. Maybe it was that too. Doh...

There are people dying every day that have never lived. - me

It'll become painfully obvious when the gun owners become "unreasonable".
kjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:25 AM   #90
JimVonBaden OP
"Cool" Aid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KShow View Post
Jim, sorry I missed it, it looked like a blast. We took a test ride last week, rode out to Vail, Colorado, I changed my oil, friend actually got a VIN inspection and tags for his bike. Then we rode home. 3800 mile shakedown run went well. His Ohlins are going away for a rebuild, exhaust extension needs to be fabbed for his bike. I need tires, and for my new suspension to arrive.
Sounds like an excellent reason to miss it!