ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2014, 03:37 PM   #4636
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,048
[QUOTE=akarob;23754510]Yup, I'm in. I have 3 sites at Prospect mountain reserved for the dualsporkers. I have room for at least a few more. Let me know if you want me to save you a spot I have T3-T5 and I'm figuring on 2 people per site. I have room for 3 more. Anyone else will have to call and reserve something themselves..[/QUOTE

I'm in as well. Be up there about 5:30-6:00 Friday

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:12 PM   #4637
alexcorral
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,271
Sorry I missed the chance to ride today. The weather was perfect. I barely got to put some 30 miles on the bike and try out the ESA and ASC modes:

alexcorral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:22 AM   #4638
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilolita View Post
akarob, le bot de fromage and I are in. We got a couple of tents per spot last time. Are you reserved for just Friday and Saturday nights? I'm thinking we may want to stay Sunday night, too, so I will call and reserve for an extra night.
That's great. Yes, I have the spots for Fri and Sat nights. You are the 4th tent so far to join in. I highly doubt a reservation will be needed for Sunday night, you could just take care of it when you get there Friday. Camping season is coming up fast. I'm looking forward to another good ride up there.

[QUOTE=boinoodle;23755492]
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
Yup, I'm in. I have 3 sites at Prospect mountain reserved for the dualsporkers. I have room for at least a few more. Let me know if you want me to save you a spot I have T3-T5 and I'm figuring on 2 people per site. I have room for 3 more. Anyone else will have to call and reserve something themselves..[/QUOTE

I'm in as well. Be up there about 5:30-6:00 Friday
and you are tent #5. I still have room for 1 more. Is your friend Andy joining in this year?
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:31 AM   #4639
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post

and you are tent #5. I still have room for 1 more. Is your friend Andy joining in this year?
No, he can't make it.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
Old 03-23-2014, 07:50 AM   #4640
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Saturdays Big Bike Scout and Scoot

Thanks to Alcontrast, TT72, goofus, Happyseal and mtrdrms, my riding partner, for all the beta on dirt roads and "potential" big bike trails east of 95. 4.5 hours of saddle time covering ground I've been wanting to explore for a while now. Kept it pretty tame, but we did get a few sections of Hero II, lost track of how many side roads, WR's we rode past

Can't wait for it to dry up a little more to go exploring

Lord John Whorfin
Old 03-23-2014, 08:11 AM   #4641
alexcorral
Beastly Adventurer

I'll join you next time. Count me in for Berkshire Friday night. I'll ride back home after Saturday's route.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:22 PM   #4642
Guaro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
New here

Hey guys,

I'm new in the dual sport riding scene also a new rider this will be my second season of riding. I'm from NYC and I'm willing to ride to CT and ride some dirt tracks. I have a DR650

Would anyone want to share any gpx files or guide me in the right direction where I can do some off roading.

-Thanks-
Guaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:07 AM   #4643
akarob
Green Cantern

Your best best is probably just joining in on an informal ride when they are announced.

Additionally, there are many many formally organized rides scheduled. I highly recommend the Berkshire Big Bike Adventure Ride (BBA). It's a 2 day event, but you don't have to do both days. The route is basically dirt roads with optional parts that are more challenging for those that like that sort of thing. This will be my 3rd time, so yea, it's a good time.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:50 AM   #4644
lester3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Yup, I'm in. I have 3 sites at Prospect mountain reserved for the dualsporkers. I have room for at least a few more. Let me know if you want me to save you a spot I have T3-T5 and I'm figuring on 2 people per site. I have room for 3 more. Anyone else will have to call and reserve something themselves..
count me in for this one
lester3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 04:44 AM   #4645
Guaro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Your best best is probably just joining in on an informal ride when they are announced.

Additionally, there are many many formally organized rides scheduled. I highly recommend the Berkshire Big Bike Adventure Ride (BBA). It's a 2 day event, but you don't have to do both days. The route is basically dirt roads with optional parts that are more challenging for those that like that sort of thing. This will be my 3rd time, so yea, it's a good time.
Thanks for the help, I am signing up for this event as I type
Guaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:32 AM   #4646
Drewha
Thunderbirds Are Go

Oddometer: 525
Heading out on big bike today. Meeting up at Vanilla Bean for 10 am than heading up to the Munson Hill Climb. If any of you FF's are interested. I hear the hill climb is quite a spectacle. Should be a great day for a ride.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:28 AM   #4647
alexcorral
Beastly Adventurer

Anyone up for a big bike ride this weekend? Thomaston will not open and ruined our plans for the inaugural small bike ride
Old 04-30-2014, 04:42 AM   #4648
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcorral View Post
Anyone up for a big bike ride this weekend? Thomaston will not open and ruined our plans for the inaugural small bike ride
Maybe, I'm swapping bars and need to do some fabrication, may be able to do a couple of hours of local "exploring"

Lord John Whorfin
Old 04-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #4649
alexcorral
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boinoodle View Post
Maybe, I'm swapping bars and need to do some fabrication, may be able to do a couple of hours of local "exploring"
Sounds like a Super Saturday/Sunday "exploring" ride might be possible. If not, I can head out to Pachaug on the threefiddy for a Sunday ride with Dirty Joe.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #4650
akarob
Green Cantern

From the BBA...

Convenient place to get off and take 5, no side stand needed.

She wanted to see how I fit the tent and cots on the bike.