Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2014, 02:42 AM   #1666
Padmei OP
enamoured

Oddometer: 3,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box'a'bits View Post
I suspect the reason for Muse being played over the video is it made it feel more energetic. I suspect they sound like lawner mowers / a damp fart.

That's been around for a while now. Did you see Jim Day's bike in it?
No the 1/2 second editing doesn't give my eyes time to focus nowadays I like it in the pics tho.
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:50 AM   #1667
ztaj
jatz

Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box'a'bits View Post
Found you the perfect dirt bike Padmei. Too cool...
Naah..... it's this one

ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:09 AM   #1668
Padmei OP
enamoured

I am soooo over flames - well painted on ones anyway You think much about the lil bikes nowadays Jatz?
Old 04-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #1669
ztaj
jatz

Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
I am soooo over flames - well painted on ones anyway You think much about the lil bikes nowadays Jatz?
Only when doing dumb stuff on inappropriate bikes that's why I got the one in the pic, but it won't drag my fat arose up a mild slope and I look like a dick riding it
The l'il ponies must be ready to start riding by now ? Can I interest you in an investment in their future ?
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #1670
Padmei OP
enamoured

Thanks or the offer Jatz but I've seen too many young kids KOed or hurt on the few laid back trail rides we've been to. MTBing is enough of a challenge for them.

I got out this avo for an awesome ride out to Hori Bay again. I followed Healey road to the skidder site at the end & tried & wished to find a road leading down that could take us over to Kokorua. From a few vantage points I could see the estuary & farm tracks below the kanukas but sadly I couldn't see any access. A bluff line ran down the side of the hill which for a second I thought may have indicated an old track but upon further looking ran out into the natives.
Nordie of course with his electric chainsaw could hack a way down but I guess the next plan would be to try to get access from Kokorua & do some exploring from the bottom. It certainly looks very cool down there.

I met a couple of downhill MTBers out of control on the way back up the road & wondered how they would have got on meeting up with the car that followed me up

I'm a bit ashamed to say I gave Schmidtty a bit of a thrashing on the way back up & I have to say it handled it far better than a heavy, behemoth with over inflated roady tyres & a shit front end should have. I have now ideas in my head to put knobblies back on him & take him along some knarly trails. Somebody stop me for both our sakes.

Woodman dropped off boxa's flange puller so I could remove the flange off the gearbox. I couldn't work out how to use all the bits of the puzzle & ended up using my homemade tension bar with it. I got it off with the slightest bit of effort so that is good but interested to know if you have had been used with it boxa all the parts supplied??? The round hole of the tension attachment seemed too small?

No pics sorry but if you imagine Woodmans pic of his bumblebee overlooking Delaware bay with my bike instead you'll get the picture.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:01 PM   #1671
Eddieb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
Quote:
I'm a bit ashamed to say I gave Schmidtty a bit of a thrashing on the way back up & I have to say it handled it far better than a heavy, behemoth with over inflated roady tyres & a shit front end should have. I have now ideas in my head to put knobblies back on him & take him along some knarly trails. Somebody stop me for both our sakes.
Mine surprised me how they go more places than you would give them credit for

www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz Free GPS tracks for New Zealand & more
www.FlyingtheChair.co.nz - NZ sidecar forums
Eddieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:59 PM   #1672
Padmei OP
enamoured

Old 05-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #1673
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,115
Haven't seen any roads linking from Hori Bay to Kokorua on Google Earth either...
Old 05-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #1674
igormortis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,204
Luxury.
igormortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:24 PM   #1675
Padmei OP
enamoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by igormortis View Post
Luxury.
Good to hear from ya - where are ya now? All the cool airheads are down in the Sth Island now - thought of shifting?
Old 05-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #1676
Voltaire
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,235
Quote:
Good to hear from ya - where are ya now? All the cool airheads are down in the Sth Island now - thought of shifting?
Really, most of them live in Auckland
I was chucked out of the SI in 1993, complained that $13 PH was not enough for " my lifestyle"
Voltaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #1677
igormortis
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,204
Quote:
We're in London - so a North island of sorts. Once we get some more practice in we might be able to cut it down South with you guys. Maybe another continent or so.
igormortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:24 PM   #1678
Kokopelli
Yeah, right!

Oddometer: 4,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
Really, most of them live in Auckland
I was chucked out of the SI in 1993, complained that $13 PH was not enough for " my lifestyle"
The pay is rubbish down here for sure. Luckily, in my job, it's an advantage to not live in Auckland. For some strange reason I seem to work 9 hour+ days, so that's cutting into the hourly rate a bit.
Kokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:48 PM   #1679
Padmei OP
enamoured

well yeah I dropped a few dollars an hour when I first moved down here but I work for myself now so the only limiting my income is my motivation to earn it.

What I did gain down here was an extra hour in my day. I live 5 mins from centre of town & if I have to drive for 20 mins to get to a job it seems sooo far away.

I've watched that Peking to Paris rally vid I posted a few times now & really admire the commitment of the participants living their dream. It cheers me up when I am doing something grotty at work. Speaking of which, time to go grovel in a ceiling
Old 05-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #1680
Voltaire
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,235
I lived in Belgrove and my stingy company took my van off me as was " too far"....then bought a second house as well in Hastings st, 5mins from city.....under 100k houses ...those were the days
I went broke working for myself...despite long hours and hard work.
Voltaire is offline   Reply With Quote