Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2014, 07:44 PM   #76
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 8,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Moore View Post
That's great, Nana. Have a nice ride down to the bingo parlor.

Why don't you start a thread about playing nice, being sensible, and obeying the rules. This thread is about liter bikes, and how fucking AWESOME they are.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Sorry I pissed in your Cherrios...

After reading your comment you are right... i. So I am nuking my comment...

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550

markk53 screwed with this post 05-09-2014 at 08:29 PM
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:11 PM   #77
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Moore View Post
That's great, Nana. Have a nice ride down to the bingo parlor.

Why don't you start a thread about playing nice, being sensible, and obeying the rules. This thread is about liter bikes, and how fucking AWESOME they are.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #78
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 8,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgconner View Post
Yeah! If you are not typing with your knuckles Nana, GTFO
At least mine aren't dragging the ground like yours...

you kind of remind me of Scott Farcas' toady in Christmas Story or the yippy dog jumping around the bull dog in the Bugs Bunny cartoon... jump in and bounce around with a cheesy comment.

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #79
Bollocks
Farts with an Accent™

Oddometer: 5,093
Fight!!!!

The Self-Preservation Society
BMW F800R Grin factor 10
08 Triumph 1050 Toight like a Toiger RIP
Bollocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #80
Bollocks
Farts with an Accent™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp4rks View Post
Why would you design that bike with a rear seat and passenger foot pegs.

BMW F800R Grin factor 10
Old 05-09-2014, 08:42 PM   #81
Bollocks
Farts with an Accent™

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
You need to work on those chicken lines some more.
Ooooooo,

BMW F800R Grin factor 10
Old 05-10-2014, 02:38 AM   #82
JohnCW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
Just for a bit of fun, say I wanted to test the speed comparison between say a liter bike and say a comparable 600cc bike, and selected a real world public road (closed) with a bit of everything thrown in to see how they compared. You'd need to have a decent distance, something like just under 40 miles.

So my question is how much quicker do people think a high performance 1000cc bike would cover the 40 miles of real world roads compared to a comparable 600cc bike?

10 minites?
5 minutes?
1 minute?
14.1 seconds?
JohnCW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:55 AM   #83
Contevita
Cigar Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCW View Post
Just for a bit of fun, say I wanted to test the speed comparison between say a liter bike and say a comparable 600cc bike, and selected a real world public road (closed) with a bit of everything thrown in to see how they compared. You'd need to have a decent distance, something like just under 40 miles.

So my question is how much quicker do people think a high performance 1000cc bike would cover the 40 miles of real world roads compared to a comparable 600cc bike?

10 minites?
5 minutes?
1 minute?
14.1 seconds?
For me it's not how fast I can ride to the destination on my Blackbird but rather how much fun I'm having when I accelerate. Also, it feels good when the squid on that 600 is at the light next to me revving it up. Nods are traded and light turns green...he's trying hard to catch up to the old man on the old rocketship in ATGATT.
Contevita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:05 AM   #84
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,188
Quote:

10 minites?
5 minutes?
1 minute?
14.1 seconds?
For me, it's about how the bike does it. I've had 600's and liter bikes (currently have a GSXR 600) and while I doubt I'm very much faster, if at all on the liter bike in that real world scenario, more times then not I'll have more fun on board the liter bike. The rush of all that power coming on line is intoxicating. I mean the reason most of us ride is because it's FUN! I know more then one person that rides a 600 not because he prefers them, but because of the costs.A liter bike is just more costly.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 05:37 AM   #85
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,667

Not sure if that is one litre, or 1.25.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:45 AM   #86
sleazy rider
Squidly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,940
My first intro to liter power was on the venerable 1984 VF1000F Interceptor. Bought it used from a buddy (Hi, Mikey!) and took off for home with an open face helmet. Fuck, first time I got it over 5000 rpm, I was looking for a store to buy a face shield because of the tears streaming frm my eyes going on. The feeling jumping to light speed is intense and addicting. I'm currently piloting a Daytona 1200 with a mere 110 hp to the rear wheel and it's too much fun.

Similar story on the VF. I had just advertised it for sale and my 17 y/o son was itching to ride it before it went to someone else. He had a whole year riding street under his belt on a CX500 and was feeling confident. Tossed him the keys and said keep it under 5k rpm. You know he had to try it. His eyes when he got home said it all. Pure, hilarious saucers for eyeballs. I just laughed like hell when he popped the helmet off.
--Tom IBA #41627
Blog
sleazy rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:03 AM   #87
ragtoplvr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,848
I may never get to be on a starship, but I can experience the jump to warp speed. You got to have one of them pointing where you want to be and know all that is ahead of you BEFORE you twist the grip.

Then OMG, I have seen heaven and it is wonderful beyond belief.

I do not have one. There would only be 2 outcomes. One is cuffed and stuffed and the other is bagged and toe tagged. In both cases, the smile would never go away.

You know in the movies when they warn the hero he is dealing with forces he can not ever understand. It's like that.

Back to reality now.

Rod

ragtoplvr screwed with this post 05-10-2014 at 07:10 AM
ragtoplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:34 AM   #88
DudeClone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,689
what are the "detuned" liter bikes like to ride? like the CBR1000R, FZ1, and Ninja 1000? are they "just a taste" of their faster counterparts are can they up and hustle almost just as well?

do they blast off, too?
Old 05-10-2014, 07:40 AM   #89
JohnCW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,118
Quote:

10 minites?
5 minutes?
1 minute?
14.1 seconds?
Well obviously the answer is the CBR1000RR of John McGuinness was a whole 14.1 seconds faster over a distance of 38 miles around the Isle of Mann road course than the CBR600RR of Michael Dunlop in setting the current lap records in 2013. This equates to an average speed difference between the 1000cc bike and the 600cc bike of 3 mph. The reality is that there is no significant performance difference across these comparable bikes under real world conditions, the stop watch doesn't lie.

A Ducati 848 Corse SE is a 850cc bike weighing 195kg with a full tank of fuel and produces 140HP. A BMW R1200RT is an 1150cc bike weighing 274kg with a full tank of fuel and produces 125HP. Which will give the more exhilarating adrenalin pumping performance the 850cc Ducati, or the 1100cc BMW?

JohnCW screwed with this post 05-10-2014 at 08:04 AM
JohnCW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 07:55 AM   #90
scfrank
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by justafurnaceman View Post

I do have to say that most of the guys I see with liter bikes don't ride them nearly to the what they deserve, especially in the corners.
I've heard Mark Marques (sp?) say the same thing.

"No, I give it up." Alice replied. "What's the answer?"

"I haven't the slightest idea." Said the Hatter.

"Nor, I" said the March Hare.
scfrank is offline   Reply With Quote