ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2014, 09:35 AM   #16
Dillon@ZenMoto
falls down too much

Oddometer: 308
big thanks guys
Old 05-08-2014, 01:59 PM   #17
mardaf
"POPS"

Oddometer: 96
Ordered my tires from Dillion and booked my installation and oil change. Real easy to deal with. Thanks for all the recommendations. Hope the trip to Baja goes as well as this

I don't like making plans because the the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in court
mardaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:39 AM   #18
BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E

Oddometer: 1,969
Just beware, if he happens to mention anything about a Kracken..... Run. FAST!

Inside Death Valley joke...

BTW, don't mess up my office when you visit!

"If my Technique Improves, so will my riding"!
BIG-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #19
Pantah
Red Sox Nation

Oddometer: 10,038
Hey, any others? I am new to the area as a snow bird. I used Dillon a few years ago when passing through. His new location is much closer to me now. As I recall I had some Mefo tires drop shipped to him and he mounted them plus did a service for me.

I tried the Yam/Suz/Kaw/Polaris dealer on Cave Creek near Bell Rd before. I won't go back to them. I had to order a fuel pump for my Yamaha 250. It took 2 weeks and they charged me nearly $500 for the part. I didn't have a choice, though. I also tried the new little mechanics shop in the town of Cave Creek. My fuel pump failed in his driveway. He rode me home to get the new pump I had as a spare. I could've installed it myself, but that wouldn't be very polite in his parking lot. So I let him install it. He charged me three hours! I mean I can do it in under 30 minutes. Jeepers...

I realize everybody has to make a living but I am used to shops that offer fair pricing.

I walked through those multi-brand stores on Hayden near the Scottsdale airport. Their parts dept seemed to be pretty sketchy plus they don't stock much in the store. Lots of bikes, though. Didn't get a good vibe.

I did a little business with RideNow in Chandler. Seemed like a decent place. They have my brands and seem to be pretty friendly.

I ride a Yam dual sport and a Duc SS. I may want another Duc. I am thinking their Diavel cruiser. I'd like to know a good Duc tuner, in any event. If for some reason I needed work on my Yam I could probably use Dillon. But I'd like a place to buy oem parts too.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
Pantah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #20
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
Hey, any others? I am new to the area as a snow bird. I used Dillon a few years ago when passing through. His new location is much closer to me now. As I recall I had some Mefo tires drop shipped to him and he mounted them plus did a service for me.

I tried the Yam/Suz/Kaw/Polaris dealer on Cave Creek near Bell Rd before. I won't go back to them. I had to order a fuel pump for my Yamaha 250. It took 2 weeks and they charged me nearly $500 for the part. I didn't have a choice, though. I also tried the new little mechanics shop in the town of Cave Creek. My fuel pump failed in his driveway. He rode me home to get the new pump I had as a spare. I could've installed it myself, but that wouldn't be very polite in his parking lot. So I let him install it. He charged me three hours! I mean I can do it in under 30 minutes. Jeepers...

I realize everybody has to make a living but I am used to shops that offer fair pricing.

I walked through those multi-brand stores on Hayden near the Scottsdale airport. Their parts dept seemed to be pretty sketchy plus they don't stock much in the store. Lots of bikes, though. Didn't get a good vibe.

I did a little business with RideNow in Chandler. Seemed like a decent place. They have my brands and seem to be pretty friendly.

I ride a Yam dual sport and a Duc SS. I may want another Duc. I am thinking their Diavel cruiser. I'd like to know a good Duc tuner, in any event. If for some reason I needed work on my Yam I could probably use Dillon. But I'd like a place to buy oem parts too.

Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
You say you could probably use Dillon again? After stating he provided good service......oh, and also, Dillon can get you the OEM parts as well if you don't want to order them yourself.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #21
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-E View Post
Just beware, if he happens to mention anything about a Kracken..... Run. FAST!

Inside Death Valley joke...

BTW, don't mess up my office when you visit!
That's Funny.......

BTW, are you not riding the AZBDR? Or just not started the ride yet? Either way, have a safe ride.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:48 PM   #22
mardaf
"POPS"

Oddometer: 96
I am playing volleyball at the US national championship and only have three days for the 26 hr ride so not much extra time on the way done unfortunately. I do have three weeks to get home so the plan is to do Baja then up the California coast where hopefully then temperature will be a little more reasonable than what I expect Arizona/Nevada will be.

I don't like making plans because the the word "premeditated" gets thrown around in court
mardaf is offline   Reply With Quote