ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 05:45 PM   #211
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty69 View Post
I rode Mill Creek Blue loop Saturday on my mobile couch. The pig was broken so I rode with 4 wheeler friends. You are right. Although they did get rid of all the rocky hill climbs the woops suck!
I noticed one thing about whoops when we hit some of them on the Caddo Gap ride there on some of those Wolf Pen Gap trails. It almost seemed like less work to gas it on the uptake and kind of fly over them instead of going slower. I've probably been watching too many Jarvis Graham videos! Ha!
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #212
scotty69
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 903
8 out of 10 whoops I did right. It was those two flat landings that jar my spine. We did the perfect amount. I could not handle it all day.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:48 AM   #213
advmgm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post
As the title states attached is the combined three days routes and tracks in gpx format for the AR500 2014. This thread does not allow the attachment of gdb files so you will have to get those from EnduroRdr's drop box on the AR500 thread. This file has been updated 4-6-2014.

Attachment 315940
Would you separate these out into three separate days for those of us whose GPS does not like a combined route please?

thanks.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #214
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,764
Here are the Arkansas 500 tracks separated into individual days. Filtered to 700pts using CNNA 2013.3 NOTE* if you are using a version other than 2013.3 you need to retrace the route using your version of CNNA to insure accuracy.

Day 1 Below
Attached Files
File Type: gpx Day 1 -170 Turpentine Creek 2 Long Pool.gpx (349.3 KB, 91 views)

TRZ Charlie screwed with this post 04-07-2014 at 09:14 AM
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #215
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Here are the Arkansas 500 tracks separated into individual days. Filtered to 700pts using CNNA 2013.3 NOTE* if you are using a version other than 2013.3 you need to retrace the route using your version of CNNA to insure accuracy.

Day 2 below
Attached Files
File Type: gpx Day2-183 Long Pool 2 Buffalo Point Tracks.gpx (350.0 KB, 54 views)
Old 04-07-2014, 09:08 AM   #216
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Day 3 Below
Attached Files
File Type: gpx Day3-150 Buffalo Point 2 Turpentine Creek Tracks.gpx (320.4 KB, 67 views)
Old 04-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #217
kendall_smith
Two Wheel Addict

Oddometer: 249
I'm having trouble downloading the .gpx files on my computer. Every time I go to download them, the computer defaults to saving them as a .php file, which doesn't allow me to upload them to my gps.

Am I wrong to assume that all I need to do to use these tracks is download them as a .gpx file (not that I can even do that!), then drag them out of my download folder into the GPX folder on my Garmin Oregon 450T and then use them at that point?
Old 04-19-2014, 08:52 PM   #218
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,357
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendall_smith View Post
I'm having trouble downloading the .gpx files on my computer. Every time I go to download them, the computer defaults to saving them as a .php file, which doesn't allow me to upload them to my gps.

Am I wrong to assume that all I need to do to use these tracks is download them as a .gpx file (not that I can even do that!), then drag them out of my download folder into the GPX folder on my Garmin Oregon 450T and then use them at that point?
What do you have for map software, like MapSource or BaseCamp? What I do is when the file shows up as downloaded I say I want to open it and whatever map software you have should open it. Then save it to a folder and download it to your GPS.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:49 AM   #219
kendall_smith
Two Wheel Addict

I finally got it figured out last night after messing with it for a while. I downloaded the .php file, opened it in Mapsource, re-saved it as a .gpx file and uploaded it onto my GPS.

That seemed to work pretty well, but I definitely want to streamline the process in the future.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:07 AM   #220
JT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendall_smith View Post

Sounds like you are using "Internet Exploder" for a browser. Try right clicking the link, then click "save target as" and open the dropbox at the bottom of the save window and switch to All Files (*.*) then name the file and add the .gpx extension. If you slap it around a little, even IE will behave. Need an easier way? With Firefox, all you have to do is click the link.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #221
Elvis70
No speed traps in the sky

Oddometer: 5,053
Now that I am all registered and what not I been looking at routes. That Elvis track in the first post is mine. It is a real nice ride from Oark East and then North up to Parthenon, and loop around to Kingston and on to Withrow Springs State Park and Huntsville. If I can't find a group to tag along with Saturday when I get down there early that morning then I will probably just ride that and try to make Granny's kitchen in Huntsville for lunch.

If anybody is interested in following me on that route I will lead it, if not I will try to join up in somebody elses group.

I ride a pretty quick pace, have led 2 groups ant 2 previous S.L.A.P. events and we had fun.

This route has a few water crossings. They could be deep that time of year, just depends on the timing of the rains.
I'll tape it to the handlebars, it's just logic George! If your hand is broken, you tape it to the bars! - Evil Knievel's reply to George Hamiliton's question, "How will you jump with a broken hand?".
Elvis70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #222
kendall_smith
Two Wheel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT View Post
Sounds like you are using "Internet Exploder" for a browser. Try right clicking the link, then click "save target as" and open the dropbox at the bottom of the save window and switch to All Files (*.*) then name the file and add the .gpx extension. If you slap it around a little, even IE will behave. Need an easier way? With Firefox, all you have to do is click the link.
Yup- guilty as charged! Unfortunately, I am using IE since it is what was on my PC laptop when I bought it. After reading your post, I downloaded Firefox and it is as easy to use as you said it was! I was assuming that the problem was going to be a lot more complicated, but I'm glad all it took was a new browser.

Thanks!
Old 05-12-2014, 08:47 AM   #223
showmegirl
showmegirl

Oddometer: 8
SLAP maps

I was directed to this thread to find the tracks (maps) for the SLAP ride next weekend. On the first page I see SEVERAL maps but none of them are titled SLAP. Can someone point me in the right direction to get the routes for SLAP 2014?
showmegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #224
DrLewall OP
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 31,515
There are no "maps" to speak of..these are GPX files you can put into your gps and follow..all these files are very close to Byrds Adv Ctr and can keep you entertained for weeks.

I have tried to keep a brief discription of each GPX that I have up loaded, and I have asked others to o the same, but I can't babysit them all the time you know.

Now if you are looking for the SLAP Single Tracks, they have not been post up in this thread, yet..the Okie Boyz may have another place to put them, even tho it would make more sense to put them here.
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 10:12 AM   #225
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Doc, they said they would post em in SLAP Tracks when they had ridden them.