ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2006, 02:47 PM   #1
Killer Whale KTM OP
Life is the adventure!

Oddometer: 712
Chat.Nat.Forest,Sunday 5th

Hey Y'all,
Anyone up for an afternoon ride to the CNF tomorrow? Flux ? Soboy ? If my normal church schedule goes OK I can be on doublehead Gap by 2 PM. I would kind of like to see the infamous swinging bridge and thought Maybe I could find a route sort of south east cutting diagonally through the CNF and back out onto Hwy 52,before or around dark. Since I'm riding on worn out scorpions The real tough or muddy stuff is out for me. I've been on most of those road and don't expect much of a problem.I'll probably bring some food to snack on ,while taking a break somewhere. I'll check my e-mail later tonight and in the morning.
See Ya
Killer Whale KTM
Old 03-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,285
I just got back from an overnite trip to Eastern TN and Western NC, I did 527 miles of mountain twisties, after doing an all day dual sport ride which included my trip to the swinging bridge on Wed. So, the wife has a list of honey-do's for my Sunday. I can't blame her. I would like to ride with you, but I can't do it tomorrow. Rain check?
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:54 AM   #3
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,614
I've got some poison ivy I am dealing with....I have got a real "itch" to ride though. I wish I could. We should plan on a day next weekend. What do you say, guyzos?
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 02:26 PM   #4
Killer Whale KTM OP
Life is the adventure!

Oddometer: 712
Guy's,
Thanks for the replies. I did go but I stayed to long resting on the Taccoa river(it was so peace full and pretty) so by the time I found 333 ( off Old Rock Creek rd) It was getting late.I went to the gate and turned around.Do you have to walk from there ? The gate was about 4-5ft tall I probably could have gotten through.There were no signs.Anyhow maybe next time! Both my girls will be playing softball this year, and I'm coaching the 7-8 yr.old team.(if they made patience in pill form......) I guess my free time is shrinking even further !! Maybe thats why I ride so fast ?! BTW there is still a lot of gravel on the road.I came very close to loosing it once. I really try hard to leave a margin for error but this was to close To much speed ,to much rear brake, not enough rear tire.but just enough anti-panic skill and good suspension
See y'all next time.
Killer Whale KTM
Old 03-05-2006, 04:38 PM   #5
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,614
Killer Whale, here we go...next Sunday the 12th:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=1#post2416647
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote