Dang ..That thing is huge!!! Jax
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #32
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. View Post
The bike is completely toast as of today. The final drive is rusted through completely and the staintune can looks like an '85 Caddy that survived 25 Detroit winters.
Wait a minute... the beach ride took place on January 28th of 2012 and by the next day it had rusted into total destruction??? That must be some pretty toxic saltwater.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:32 PM   #33
HeadShrinker OP
Lost for a Reason

Oddometer: 1,361
It's pretty bad here. All the radioactive water from the tsunami situation in Japan was stirred up by Hurricane Irene and when combined with the soup from the Deepwater Horizon spill, it basically melted the whole bike.
HeadShrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:56 PM   #34
Weldman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,160
Well I told ya so ...

best not to wander too far from Starbucks ...

Quote:
It's pretty bad here. All the radioactive water from the tsunami situation in Japan was stirred up by Hurricane Irene and when combined with the soup from the Deepwater Horizon spill, it basically melted the whole bike.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #35
wb22rules
Bourbon Tester

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
wb22rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:10 AM   #36
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,831
Can any OBX locals give me the scoop on where I could take my jeep offroad at this time of year? I'm heading down today for a week with my wife and our new jeep (no bike though). I did a little research and it looks like much of the beach driving is off limits from April-Oct.

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:10 AM   #37
FAW3
Old wanderer

Oddometer: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Can any OBX locals give me the scoop on where I could take my jeep offroad at this time of year? I'm heading down today for a week with my wife and our new jeep (no bike though). I did a little research and it looks like much of the beach driving is off limits from April-Oct.
I'm not a OBX local...but I vacation there often. The Corolla NC northern "end" of Route 12 leads to easy beach access. No permit required. To my knowledge no current access restrictions. Nice area with some shopping and places to stay. Our JK runs fine here...enjoy!

Southern access further down...say Hatteras area...to my recollection requires NPS permits and there are calendar restrictions.

As able...you might plan your route to include a ferry ride on the NC state ferry system...make your visit a loop...to include Hatteras and Ocracoke.

FAW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:52 PM   #38
mikesova
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAW3 View Post
I'm not a OBX local...but I vacation there often. The Corolla NC northern "end" of Route 12 leads to easy beach access. No permit required. To my knowledge no current access restrictions. Nice area with some shopping and places to stay. Our JK runs fine here...enjoy!

Southern access further down...say Hatteras area...to my recollection requires NPS permits and there are calendar restrictions.

As able...you might plan your route to include a ferry ride on the NC state ferry system...make your visit a loop...to include Hatteras and Ocracoke.

That was fun!

For Sale: 2004 Husqvarna TE510 (Michigan)
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:14 AM   #39
parallaxbill
Mid-Carolina ADVR

Oddometer: 218
I've been coming to Hatteras on vacation since 1984 and used to do a lot of driving on the beaches but never once saw a motorcycle on them. I quit trying to access the beaches for fishing several years ago due to the stupid restrictions and now fish at the foot accessible ramps and pedestrian only access areas.
In fact, I'm on the sound front this week in Brigands Bay between Frisco and Buxton. Going fishing shortly!;)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
parallaxbill is offline   Reply With Quote