Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2014, 12:33 AM   #1
nadredrum OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Smoky mountain escape

First off this will be my first ride report, so please bare with me. Secondly my progress will be a little slow since I returned home I am now working 6 days a week 13hrs a day but no fear I should be back to normal hours by the 4th of July, well hopefully. This is my farthest trip on a bike to date, full of ups and downs.
I took off for The Smoky Mountains on April 29th, a week where strong storms were covering much of the good old U.S.A.. My trip started out several hours late after being talked into waiting on my daughter to get home from school. So I just headed to Dayton to visit with some friends, clouds overhead and strong winds. I made it to Indy before I hit the rain not to bad, so I stopped to grab a quick bite to eat put my phone in the hand warmer pocket on my jacket. Got back on the bike and jumped on I70 and headed east, issue one leaving your phone in a hand warmer pocket is not a good idea it came out somewhere down the road while I was moving along at a pretty fast pace. Got to my friends visited for a few hours and then went to bed, as he had to head to work at 4am.
The next day started out looking pretty good, warm temps and light wind all the way to Lexington. Then I hit the monsoons, I would have stopped to take a picture of all the water running down the rock faces and out of them but the camera is not water proof and it had to be raining an inch an hour or more. This rain continued all the way to Knoxville and then cleared up till later Wednesday night. On a bright note the Rev It Legacy GTX jacket I bought from revzilla for my birthday last year is definitely waterproof, I have rode in the rain a ton of times but seldom for 4 plus hours, and was completely dry when I arrived.
nadredrum is offline   Reply With Quote