ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2014, 07:33 AM   #16
PBee
______________
 
PBee's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Kersbrook
Oddometer: 8,713
Just a coupla iphone pics

Pine Hut rd, Wetheads everywhere.




Towitta rd


Not quite the ADV salute


Preparing Howards bed.





Howard's End
__________________


QUORN SCHNITZEL CLUB Est 2011.
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:52 PM   #17
LC4nicator
Certified Wino
 
LC4nicator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Oddometer: 479
Nice going guys....good to just switch off and read a report now & then.
....and where would a report of Trev's be without pics.....True to form mate.
I'll be out there with ya's soon enough....family matters are taking precedence lately
Cheers,
Con.
__________________
Conman62 in the "other world"......dirtbikeworld.net
The beatings will continue untill morale improves!
2006 KTM 525 EXC
2005 KTM 950 ADV
LC4nicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #18
barneyrubble
Just tired
 
barneyrubble's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: 34.9290 S, 138.6010 E
Oddometer: 476










__________________
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.

barneyrubble screwed with this post 05-22-2014 at 02:02 AM
barneyrubble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #19
klx_dude
Gnarly Adventurer
 
klx_dude's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Oddometer: 101
Great ride report as always Trev, sorry i couldn't make it.

Think the tennere needs some 606 on there instead of them tires that would turn to slicks in the mudy clay
klx_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #20
Aussie Trev OP
aka DRTrev
 
Aussie Trev's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Gawler, South Australia
Oddometer: 5,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC4nicator View Post
Nice going guys....good to just switch off and read a report now & then.
....and where would a report of Trev's be without pics.....True to form mate.
I'll be out there with ya's soon enough....family matters are taking precedence lately
Cheers,
Con.
The lure of heavy bikes is still hanging around Con?

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx_dude View Post
Great ride report as always Trev, sorry i couldn't make it.

Think the tennere needs some 606 on there instead of them tires that would turn to slicks in the mudy clay
No probs Dude. You are spot on. Poor Barneyrubble was always going to struggle with those tyres in mud, that's why PBee went out of his way to avoid it and then accidently came across 100 yards of the crap. The tall Tenere with a tall rider and slicks was no match for that Barossa clay.
__________________
2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
1982 PE175Z
Full member......Quorn Schnitzel Club

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #21
jmcg
Turpinated..
 
jmcg's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: The Dandenong Ranges, Vic
Oddometer: 439
Great pics + RR.



Thanks!

JM.
jmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:26 PM   #22
barneyrubble
Just tired
 
barneyrubble's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: 34.9290 S, 138.6010 E
Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by klx_dude View Post
Great ride report as always Trev, sorry i couldn't make it.

Think the tennere needs some 606 on there instead of them tires that would turn to slicks in the mudy clay
I do have a set in the shed. But was too busy / lazy to change them over. Lesson learned
__________________
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
barneyrubble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:33 PM   #23
TheDecepticon
Gnarly Adventurer
 
TheDecepticon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Oddometer: 134
Some more great pics guys! That spot on Pine Hut Rd was awesome, and really, could be any spot in the world. Phones these days do take great pics!
TheDecepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:12 AM   #24
LC4nicator
Certified Wino
 
LC4nicator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Trev View Post
The lure of heavy bikes is still hanging around Con?
The lure never really goes away mate.....you would know that

....now if I could just manage to put enough coin together for, say a..... BMW F800GS....
__________________
Conman62 in the "other world"......dirtbikeworld.net
The beatings will continue untill morale improves!
2006 KTM 525 EXC
2005 KTM 950 ADV
LC4nicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:17 AM   #25
Aussie Trev OP
aka DRTrev
 
Aussie Trev's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Gawler, South Australia
Oddometer: 5,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC4nicator View Post
The lure never really goes away mate.....you would know that

....now if I could just manage to put enough coin together for, say a..... BMW F800GS....
What about a DR Con, great bikes and a little bit of everything? When you're ready sing out and spend a fun day out with us......I know you've done some of our tracks before. The bakery aspect is not unbearable either.....
__________________
2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
1982 PE175Z
Full member......Quorn Schnitzel Club

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:57 AM   #26
LC4nicator
Certified Wino
 
LC4nicator's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Oddometer: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Trev View Post
What about a DR Con, great bikes and a little bit of everything? When you're ready sing out and spend a fun day out with us......I know you've done some of our tracks before. The bakery aspect is not unbearable either.....
DR's are a great bike and if I was to have one bike only then definitely in the running.
I need to differentiate quite a bit from my current 525 and it has to be big enough to stop me from using it as a single track enduro bike.....that's what the 525 will do
I though the 640 would temper my enduro streak but I was wrong....sold it before i was going to wreck it
A mid sized bike around the 800 range would fit the bill perfectly and something around the 10K mark is what I'm looking at.
More for touring and dirt road stuff....and a twin is perfect for this.
I'll have something within a 6 month time frame...
In the mean time....I might gear down the front & rear sprockets (up on the front & 5 or 6 down on the rear) and fit some intermediate tyres on a spare set of rims I have and join you guys for one of your day trips.
Cheers
__________________
Conman62 in the "other world"......dirtbikeworld.net
The beatings will continue untill morale improves!
2006 KTM 525 EXC
2005 KTM 950 ADV
LC4nicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:15 AM   #27
Aussie Trev OP
aka DRTrev
 
Aussie Trev's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Gawler, South Australia
Oddometer: 5,428
We have a Kiwi arriving late July seeking some SA fun. We're thinking about an overnighter at Robertstown. Good riding (ADV and enduro) great facilities, fire pit and a bin for the bottles......you'd be welcome.
__________________
2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
1982 PE175Z
Full member......Quorn Schnitzel Club

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:43 AM   #28
Ratman
Lucky Rider
 
Ratman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Baja is good
Oddometer: 1,160
Your excellent report

Well done report. It always interesting to see a rider express himself well about the changes his mind goes thru as you gain experience riding. Riding is an always changing mentality. Bikes that used to be perfect become less adequate, and the desire for something else becomes a quest.

You mentioned that you will likely not do another SS1000 as You prefer to smell roses. I agree there's absolutely no reason to do them, but men like to compare themselves to others, and test the water of extreme things. For the fairly secure, one IB ride is enough.....but none of them will be alike. You'll learn from them all, and they can be useful to and from (as has been mentioned) to maximize the time at a location

I've counted 13 1000 mile days in my past. First one was when I was 63, and the last one was almost 2 years ago coming back to Socal from Colorado on this rig..... They have all been mind altering.
From moto trailer


My last IB 1000 story is here on post 76 (page six) of this report... This last 1000 mile ride was done simply to avoid the daytime desert heat.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810572
__________________
Ratman.......Pete .... My Solo Continental Divide Ride
....and of course, Luck beats good...
OLDEN DAYS...mostly BAJA
p.ratfab@gmail.com
Ratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:46 PM   #29
barneyrubble
Just tired
 
barneyrubble's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: 34.9290 S, 138.6010 E
Oddometer: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
Well done report. It always interesting to see a rider express himself well about the changes his mind goes thru as you gain experience riding. Riding is an always changing mentality. Bikes that used to be perfect become less adequate, and the desire for something else becomes a quest.

You mentioned that you will likely not do another SS1000 as You prefer to smell roses. I agree there's absolutely no reason to do them, but men like to compare themselves to others, and test the water of extreme things. For the fairly secure, one IB ride is enough.....but none of them will be alike. You'll learn from them all, and they can be useful to and from (as has been mentioned) to maximize the time at a location

I've counted 13 1000 mile days in my past. First one was when I was 63, and the last one was almost 2 years ago coming back to Socal from Colorado on this rig..... They have all been mind altering.
From moto trailer


My last IB 1000 story is here on post 76 (page six) of this report... This last 1000 mile ride was done simply to avoid the daytime desert heat.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=810572
Was this meant for another thread perhaps
__________________
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
barneyrubble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #30
Aussie Trev OP
aka DRTrev
 
Aussie Trev's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Gawler, South Australia
Oddometer: 5,428
Not sure BR, but I must admit I was thinking aloud on my trip from Gawler to Truro - torn between steak pie and Cornish pasty. So I think I know where he's coming from!
__________________
2011 Triumph Tiger 800XC
1982 PE175Z
Full member......Quorn Schnitzel Club

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014