User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2014, 07:35 AM   #181
the_doc
Street Convert

Oddometer: 244
PM Sent

Extremely long (and possibly confusing) PM sent about a Holan setup for a Tiger Explorer
the_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:46 AM   #182
the_doc
Street Convert

Hey Jason-

Been ~1 month since I ordered for my Explorer. Any update on the April order with Holan? I know you said to expect 2 months... just curious if that time is still accurate or if we might be ahead of schedule at all.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:09 AM   #183
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_doc View Post
Hey Jason-

Been ~1 month since I ordered for my Explorer. Any update on the April order with Holan? I know you said to expect 2 months... just curious if that time is still accurate or if we might be ahead of schedule at all.
Hey doc - no updates yet. We did get another small shipment in early May, but it was catch up for some pre-orders. I shot a note to Holan over the weekend with a list of pre-orders still pending (including yours) and will keep you posted once I get confirmation it's shipping from Poland.

Thanks!

Check out the ADV Motorrad vendor thread for great deals on adventure gear!
rotaryracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 08:24 AM   #184
the_doc
Street Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
Hey doc - no updates yet. We did get another small shipment in early May, but it was catch up for some pre-orders. I shot a note to Holan over the weekend with a list of pre-orders still pending (including yours) and will keep you posted once I get confirmation it's shipping from Poland.

Thanks!

Roger that. Thanks for checking in, I'll keep holding my breath- Can't wait to get them fitted.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #185
dudecati
Dudecati

Oddometer: 147
Tiger 800 racks

Hi - question, do the holan racks fit the touratech or zeta bags? I have the following from Kiega mounts (http://www.kriega.us/adv-platform/) and they require that type of rack mount. Please let me know!
dudecati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #186
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudecati View Post
Hi - question, do the holan racks fit the touratech or zeta bags? I have the following from Kiega mounts (http://www.kriega.us/adv-platform/) and they require that type of rack mount. Please let me know!
Hey dudecati - they do! Holan uses 18mm O.D. tubing with 2mm wall thickness and is compatible with the Touratech Zega cases (and vice-versa)...we've had quite a few folks mount their existing Zega cases up on Holan racks. The only potential issue for the Kriega system is that the racks we typically import have the exhaust cut-out (what Touratech would label as a "Special" system), versus the flat loop design of the Zega rack. Holan does make an asymmetrical rack, and we can bring that in as a special order if interested.

Thanks!

Old 06-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #187
dudecati
Dudecati

Oddometer: 147
Got the bike so now looking at racks - PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryracer View Post
Hey dudecati - they do! Holan uses 18mm O.D. tubing with 2mm wall thickness and is compatible with the Touratech Zega cases (and vice-versa)...we've had quite a few folks mount their existing Zega cases up on Holan racks. The only potential issue for the Kriega system is that the racks we typically import have the exhaust cut-out (what Touratech would label as a "Special" system), versus the flat loop design of the Zega rack. Holan does make an asymmetrical rack, and we can bring that in as a special order if interested.

Thanks!
dudecati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #188
MilSpecXC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
I'm interested in the Holan Nomada Pro for my Tiger 800XC. I'm trying to decide between the 38L and the 48L panniers powder coated in black. Do you have any pics showing the difference between the two on the Triumph? Will the 48L extend beyond the handlebars? And what does the order timeline look like?

Thanks for the help.

MilSpecXC screwed with this post 06-30-2014 at 11:55 PM
MilSpecXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:53 AM   #189
Random-Water
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
On my R1200GS-LC the 48L cases (mounted) are 41.5" wide. The bars/mirrors are 38" wide.

The rack mount system may be different/narrower for your 800XC, but thought I would give you a figure to start with.
Random-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:19 AM   #190
MilSpecXC
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random-Water View Post
On my R1200GS-LC the 48L cases (mounted) are 41.5" wide. The bars/mirrors are 38" wide.

The rack mount system may be different/narrower for your 800XC, but thought I would give you a figure to start with.
Thanks for the info. That doesn't seem too bad. I'm in CA and we can split lanes through traffic. I'd like more storage, but not sure I want to give up my ability to spilt lanes effectively.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:34 PM   #191
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilSpecXC View Post
Thanks for the info. That doesn't seem too bad. I'm in CA and we can split lanes through traffic. I'd like more storage, but not sure I want to give up my ability to spilt lanes effectively.
Hi MilSpecXC - I don't have any pictures currently of the 45L cases on the rack, but the ones shown on the Tiger below are 38L cases (click any of them to be taken to the product page).

Measurements for the Tiger 800 options are as follows:
  • 31L System - 88cm (34.7")
  • 38L System - 96cm (37.8")
  • 45L System - 104cm (40.9")
I do have a Tiger 800 system with 45L panniers in stock currently, but they are natural aluminum versus powdercoated black. I should also have a few sets of natural aluminum (and possibly matte gray) 38L panniers coming in on the next factory shipment that I could swap out.

Feel free to email me at sales AT advmotorrad DOT com or call at (585) 310-ADVM with any questions.

Thanks!

Old 07-02-2014, 12:20 AM   #192
MilSpecXC
Adventurer

Thanks. Sent you an email.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:16 AM   #193
Random-Water
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilSpecXC View Post
I'm in CA too. I can split with my setup, no problem. If the bars fit, the bags will fit 99.999% of the time. You're way more likely to bang a handguard/mirror on a car/truck mirror than you are the rear saddlebags.

BTW, the "dark" grey finish of the holan's turns them into an OVEN when parked in the sun. On a 72 degree day the surface of them was 142 degrees and inside was 128 degrees in just 90 minutes (they do stay cool when riding, thanks to airflow, but they BAKE when parked). I've got to do the test again with my thermocouple when it gets into the triple digits.

If you can get the unfinished/silver/raw aluminum, I'd do it.
Random-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:22 AM   #194
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

We've been heads-down busy of late, but wanted to announce one of our newest additions to the ADV Motorrad catalog...

adventurePOCKETS is the manufacturer of the motoPOCKET line of products, ideal for storing those small, easy to lose items such as passports, point-and-shoot cameras, etc. The motoPOCKET Side Case bags (either in solid or mesh) are a great solution for lid storage in our BUMOT and Holan panniers, and the motoPOCKET Top Case bags work very well in those manufacturers top cases. We think these are actually a better solution than lid nets, as they are heavier duty and easier to access the contents, plus the entire bag can be removed easily to take it with you!

I'll add some of the motoPOCKET products to this thread shortly, but in the meantime, feel free to click on the logo above to see everything available on our website.

Thanks!

rotaryracer screwed with this post 07-18-2014 at 03:58 AM
Old 07-20-2014, 04:43 AM   #195
rotaryracer OP
Studly Adventurer

adventurePOCKETS motoPOCKET Windshield - $39.95 -

The motoPOCKET Windshield by adventurePOCKETS is a highly water-resistant, removable and convenient glove compartment for your motorcycle. It attaches to the inside of your windshield with our patent-pending Velcro-like loop pad. Perfect for storing your cell phone, garage door opener, eyeglass cleaner right at your fingertips. One Small Adhesive Pad with alcohol swab and squeegee aplicator is included. Remember to order additional Small Adhesive Pads if you want to use your motoPOCKET Windshield on more than one motorcycle. Dimensions are 11" x 2" x 7".