User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

Oddometer: 750
Rumbux Crash Bars for KTM 1190 Adventure -Order Info & Prices

Getting ready to place a new order. I have 3 on board and will be placing a new order with Rumbux shortly if we can get a couple more on board. Current pricing is as follows. Feel free to re-post this to other forums along with my email addy eric.gonedark@gmail.com All prices are with free shipping in the lower 48 US states.

It's a 6-8 week process from when I place my order with Rumbux to when you get your bars on your doorstep. Customs and other issues can sometimes tie things up, but I've been doing this for a couple of years now and have the process down. It's Airport to Airport shipping, so not cheap, but it's the easiest way to get products into the US in a timely manner. Down side is I can't place orders for 1 or 2 sets as the costs are too high. With an order of 5 or more, it costs out so that you get a fair price on the products.

The Rumbux 3-Part kit is an integrated system that has an upper crash bar frame that is bolted to a lower bash frame and the bike. The 4.5 mm aluminum skid plate is bolted to the lower bash frame with 6 easy to access bolts. All tubing is steel and 1", (25mm), diameter tubing. The structure of the system is designed so that it's stronger than any one pieces and able to sustain a large hit and distribute the impact forces over the entire unit, not just one piece or one area of mounting points.

And they now have a good match for the KTM Orange! Prices are the same for Orange or Black on the KTM bars.

KTM 1190 3-Part kit - $800
KTM 1190 2-Part kit - $525
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__7F9avIz9E

I'm trying to keep the price competitive. This is the only integrated system that I've seen and it's TOUGH. This type of system has been out for the Super Tenere for a few years now and has proven itself. It takes a beating and saves your bike.

Got questions? Please ask them! PM and email are fine too.
Dirty bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

Bump.

I'm placing an order with Rumbux on Wed, Nov 27th. Give me a shout if you want to get in on this order.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:47 PM   #3
ternus
El Gran Camino

Oddometer: 75
Is it still possible to order a set of these?
ternus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 04:14 PM   #4
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ternus View Post
Is it still possible to order a set of these?
Yes, it is. I am currently putting together an order. I need a minimum of 5, and I'm at 3, so now is a good time to jump in so you have crash bars by the time prime riding season starts.

Give me a call at 435-817-0809 or feel free to PM or email if you have more questions.

EricV
Old 02-19-2014, 08:07 AM   #5
ternus
El Gran Camino

Emailed. These look great.
Old 02-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #6
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

email responded to.

For anyone else thinking about KTM 1190 crashbars for Spring, now is the time to order. Ordering now means delivery in about 6 weeks, just when many will start to see decent riding weather!
Old 02-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #7
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

I now have enough pre-orders to place my order with Rumbux and will be doing that on Monday. So if you want to get in on this order, please contact me before Monday Feb 24th!

Thanks!
Old 02-19-2014, 10:01 AM   #8
ternus
El Gran Camino

Thumb

Just called Eric and put my order in.

IMO, this is a really good value if you want a full "roll cage" package for your 1190: $800 for skid plate + crash bars + upper crash bars in one unit, including shipping.

Compare:

$306 KTM crash bars
$349 Touratech upper crash bars
$290 KTM skid plate
= $945, and that's before shipping -- if you can find everything in stock.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:01 PM   #9
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

The current order is on track for early April delivery. I am taking pre-orders for the next order at this time. Delivery probably around early May if I can get people on board for the quantity I need as a minimum order of 5.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #10
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

Just an update. The order I just received is sold out and I am taking pre-orders for the next order that I hope to place with Rumbux in the next two weeks. If you want your crashbars for Spring riding, call me now to get in on the next order. With luck, delivery should be by the end of May. Pricing remains the same at this time. May go up later this year.

I can also now get soft Pannier/rear protection frames for the KTM 1190 Adventure and R models. $250 delivered in the lower 48 US states.

Velcro on Pannier bags are coming soon from Rumbux as well as other soft products! More info when I have pricing and they are available. I have a prototype that is very nice and well constructed. Testing during my upcoming Alaska trip! Will report back after that.

Note, if you miss this next order, I won't be placing another one until at least July.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #11
tagentry
Northwest Silverback

Oddometer: 24
Talking Bash plate

Is it possible to get a replacement bash plate when the inevitable happens?
tagentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #12
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagentry View Post
Is it possible to get a replacement bash plate when the inevitable happens?
Yes. The current 4.5 mm aluminum bash plate runs ~$80 with shipping. I don't keep any in stock.

At that price, it might be more cost effective for me to have one made locally, if you can live w/o the Rumbux cut out.

I haven't priced them out for local fabrication, but I know of a shop that does laser cutting and water jet cutting. I may be able to get stainless steel as well, if you wanted an upgraded part. Rumbux has made a couple of s/s versions on special request for world travelers. I have no idea what cost those were.

Let me know if you have need for a replacement and I'll work up options.

I am going to place another order with Rumbux on June 9th. If anyone wants Rumbux products, that order will be getting to customers around the week of July 21st.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:30 PM   #13
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

I've been a little lax on posting here. The previous order arrived last Friday, 5/30, and was re-packaged and shipped out to customers on 5/31.

I have the minimum orders needed to place another order, and will be doing that shortly. If you want to order Rumbux Crash bars for the Super Tenere, KTM 1190 (Std or Adv), or BMW F650/800GS twins ('08-'12), then PM, email or call me this week to get in on that order. email is in the profile or first post. 435-817-0809

Deliveries to customers are expected to be during the week of July 21st, if not sooner. The 6 week time frame has been pretty steady, but with international shipping and all the things in-between, things can happen to slow the process down.

Pricing is currently back up to $775 for Super Ten 3-Part Kit, and $800 for the KTM and BMW 3-Part kits, but the Super Ten kits will likely be going up to $800 in the near future. Possibly increases in the others as well.

I can also now get crash bar bags for the Rumbux upper crash bars. Waterproof zippers and very nice, secure velcro attachement at 3 or 4 places, depending on which bars. I've been testing the Super Ten version with a pre-preduction version and they rock. Nice to have the extra storage for stuff you want to get to quickly. And they come off and go on very easily, so can be taken inside the motel room at night if need be. Price on those is not completely set, but they should be around $60/pair. Reflective silver, or non-reflective blue, orange or red piping.

I have some pics of the pre-production bags I'm testing. And a set of production bags for the GS that are smaller than the Super Ten ones. Again, I don't have final pricing, so the $60/pair figure is a wild a** guess based on what I paid for the production set of GS bags.

Here is a shot in the wild -

Here is a shot of the bags after that trip.

I stuffed my heated jacket liner, (Gerbings), in one, and my heavy waterproof gloves and the pants rain liner in the other. Could have gotten more in.

Note that the zipper here is just a heavy YKK one, not the waterproof production zipper.

The bags are held on by three pairs of velcro flaps. One side is hook, the other loop. These are large enough that you loop one side around the bar, then fold the mating flap over that. Lots of overlap. These are very secure, to any speed the S10 is capable of. And yet, come off quickly and easily too, when you want them to! Edit - The bags are not just fabric, but the front and back panels are padded, and the middle will fold up well, but also appears to be double thickness. Nice touches.

These are essentially 10" x 10" x 3" with one of the corners nipped off so it's not just a 10" square shape, but fits the shape of the bars.

Here is a good shot of the GS bag. It's smaller, uses four pairs of velcro flaps and fits on either the top hoop or middle one. The on bike shots are my wife's F650GS2 with brand new Rumbux guards on it. Note the waterproof zipper.

The piping around the bag can be had in Reflective Grey or Non-reflective colors:
Blue
Red
Orange

As you can see from this flash pic, the reflective grey pops nicely.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:06 AM   #14
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

I can now order Crash Bar Bags and handle bar bags, as well!

$65/pair for the Crash Bar Bags - (Introductory Price! Will go up to $70 next time)

The handle bar bags are priced at $80 (more complex to make)

I am still able to order rear protection bars/Soft Pannier mounts for the 1190 ADV and now soft panniers to fit those! Mounts - $300 Soft Panniers - TBD

I also learned that Add On upper crash bars are now available for the OEM KTM crash bars - $425 w/free shipping in the lower 48 US states.

I'm putting in a new order NOW, so if you want some of this, contact me ASAP. I will be submitting my order to Rumbux this evening, late, so I can get an invoice quickly enough to make the wire transfer before I leave Wed after noon on a month long trip to AK.

Call 435-817-0809

Dirty bike screwed with this post 07-13-2014 at 09:12 PM
Old 07-13-2014, 09:15 PM   #15
Dirty bike OP
EVal Innovations Inc

Heads UP! I am putting in a new order to Rumbux immediately, so if you want in on this order, delivering to customers the week of 8/18, call, PM or email me ASAP. Still free shipping.

Pricing for KTM as follows:

3-Part Kit - $800
OEM Add On bars - $425
Rear Protection/Soft Pannier brackets - $300
Crash Bar bags - $75
Handle Bar bags - $87
Soft Panniers - TBD (should know on Monday or Tues)