Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 03:16 AM   #31
keener
Speed changes you.

Oddometer: 925
Hehe I found my old post while searching for a link to the insulation I mentioned above

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894536
Old 04-09-2014, 04:16 AM   #32
uk_mouse
Aquatic adventurer

Oddometer: 1,436
The stick on insulation they use on the right hand fuel tank (where the exhaust pipe passes near the tank) would probably be a good option, too. You can buy sheets of it on ebay quite cheaply.

It's a sort of thin foam with adhesive on one side and silver foil on the other side.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #33
keener
Speed changes you.

Oddometer: 925

Found some old parts in the garage today...the photo shows the stock heatshield under the tool box, under the seat.
Old 04-12-2014, 05:10 PM   #34
HarryEye
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
battery weight

Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread, but I must say that this seems a bit unnecessary. I just bought a new EarthX battery (the 24) for my 990, and it basically weighs...nothing worth even considering.
Yeah, I read lots of pros and cons of these new batteries, and it seemed to me that they were worth it. Not cheap.
You went to a lot of trouble to move the battery from the stock position, but essentially eliminating the battery weight is what I did. When I recieved it, I seriously tought that they sent me a dummy case, because the battery weighs what the plastic case LOOKS like it would weigh, if it were empty. I mounted it up, and the bike fired right up like never before.
Oh, it's exactly the same size as the stock one, too.
HarryEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:07 AM   #35
uk_mouse
Aquatic adventurer

Oddometer: 1,436
Of course the other advantage to moving the battery is that you're reducing the chance of water getting to the electrics - especially if you also move the solenoid and reg/rect. Whether that is important depends on where you ride, I suppose :)
Old 05-19-2014, 08:17 AM   #36
sproot
Sturdy Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
I just did this, including moving the solenoid to where the SAS gubbins used to sit, I only had to extend one wire (the one from the regulator/rectifier), all the other cables just fit.
I used some ebay heat insulation on the new battery box, I'm not expecting any problems but we'll see.
sproot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:10 PM   #37
pdxmotorhead
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 610
Wonder ,, the original battery spot is against the bottom of the engine, new one under seat, wonder what temp wither spot gets to, I my just have to put a thermister in there and see..

I figured out a Odyssey fits in the tool bin.. But FILLS it up. on the other hand the CCA would be nice..

:)