Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #61
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 724
Those work really well. I got some last year from the guy that makes them while I was working at Americade.
What a well thought out product. Highly recommended.
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:06 AM   #62
plutoz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by 502MAD View Post
We also have brand new CREE 900 LED lights that come with a fused, switched wiring harness with quick disconnect Deutsch connectors and the lights come with Stainless Steel brackets for easy mounting. They come either in 10 degree spot or 50 degree flood.

I'd like to thank Matt for very quickly turning around and shipping out my order. I mounted the Skene P3s on both my bikes with very little fuss, and am very impressed with the product. Great price too.

Mounted on my Electric Zero XU

On my BMW F800GT. Need to tidy up those wires a wee bit...

I also ordered the Cree900's as described above (in the flood configuration). These lights are really BRIGHT, probably too bright for use as daytime running lights as I'd hoped. I think they would be much better with a dual intensity mode switch to allow them to run at half power. However this would undoubtedly add to the cost. They would be great for off-road or out in the middle of nowhere however. Very good build quality considering they cost half of what some lights from other site carry.

Here is a pic of one of the lights (hooked up to my portable battery pack) compared to my current LED driving lights.

The one Cree900 is as bright as the two lights put together!

Edit: Did a bit of reading this afternoon, realized that the best solution to this 'problem' may be to install a Skene IQ-175 Intelligent Lighting Controller, which is conveniently available from Matt's site :)

plutoz screwed with this post 05-02-2014 at 01:03 PM
plutoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #63
502MAD OP
502MAD

Oddometer: 77
Hey Gareth,

Thanks for the kind words on delivery and the Skene LED kits……… haven’t meet a person yet that didn’t love them!!

As for the CREE900 lights……. yes they are bright and I’ve never had anyone complain about lights being TOO bright!!

No worries...... sent to an email to see if we can tone the lighting situation for you.

Alternatively, you may want to think about trying the Skene IQ-175 or 175-A controller to dim the CREE900s.

Or like my email said, we can hook you up with alternatives that are coming..... ssssshhhhh.... its a secret so don't tell anyone!!

Canadian Distributor for: EarthX,Skene Design,Posi-Products,F2P Tech,Racer,HelmetLok, & more..
502MAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:15 PM   #64
plutoz
Adventurer

Quote:
Alternatively, you may want to think about trying the Skene IQ-175 or 175-A controller to dim the CREE900s.
I think you must have wrote this as I was editing my post :) Great minds think alike!

Excited to see what the alternatives are so maybe I'll wait and see.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:31 PM   #65
MOAC Man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Is their web site down?
MOAC Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:40 PM   #66
502MAD OP
502MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOAC Man View Post
Is their web site down?
Shouldn't be....... click on the link under my signature.......

Canadian Distributor for: EarthX,Skene Design,Posi-Products,F2P Tech,Racer,HelmetLok, & more..
Old 05-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #67
vvarma
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Skene P3 and Photon Blaster on Vstrom

Installed the Skene P3 and Photon Blasters on my 2013 Vstrom 650. The lights are BRIGHT !

Smooth installation with the EasternBeaver Vstrom Brake/Tail/Signal adapter (version-1).

Thanks Matt.

vvarma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:46 AM   #68
502MAD OP
502MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvarma View Post
Installed the Skene P3 and Photon Blasters on my 2013 Vstrom 650. The lights are BRIGHT !

Smooth installation with the EasternBeaver Vstrom Brake/Tail/Signal adapter (version-1).

Thanks Matt.

Excellent! Glad you lovem...... and when the sun is setting low in front of you and you have to hit your brakes with a guy on your tail......... you'll be REALLY glad you have them on your arse end!!

Ride Safe.... Ride Long!

Matt

Old 05-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #69
502MAD OP
502MAD

Motorcycle Innovations & Distribution is very pleased to be representing VisionX LED lighting in Canada! For top of the line LED lighting solutions for your ride, please check them out..... and if we can answer any questions we will be happy to....

Old 05-19-2014, 05:01 AM   #70
502MAD OP
502MAD

Also now carrying the brand new Akari AX-11 Tint on Demand Visor inserts:

Check them out by clicking here

Old 05-21-2014, 02:43 AM   #71
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 724
You Canadian folks are fortunate to have a guy like Matt to do business with. I had a "meet and greet" with him the other day in Niagara Falls. I found him to be very knowledgeable about what he offers to the riding community and customer satisfaction. I have only a few select dealers and distributors-none of the large houses that just want your money-but smaller companies focused on the customer. Matt fits this to a T.

Good on ya, sir!
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:37 AM   #72
plutoz
Adventurer

This is the Cree900s from Motorcycle Innovations mounted on my 2012 Zero XU

Very easy to install, trickiest part on this bike was figuring out where to get 12V power from with no conventional battery!
Old 05-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #73
502MAD OP
502MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfFleece View Post
You Canadian folks are fortunate to have a guy like Matt to do business with. I had a "meet and greet" with him the other day in Niagara Falls. I found him to be very knowledgeable about what he offers to the riding community and customer satisfaction. I have only a few select dealers and distributors-none of the large houses that just want your money-but smaller companies focused on the customer. Matt fits this to a T.

Good on ya, sir!
Thanks Jim....... it was good to hook up with you and feel free to pay us Canucks a visit anytime!!! Border/customs guys are just a delay!

Old 05-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #74
502MAD OP
502MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutoz View Post
This is the Cree900s from Motorcycle Innovations mounted on my 2012 Zero XU

Very easy to install, trickiest part on this bike was figuring out where to get 12V power from with no conventional battery!
Gareth, thanks for posting those pics....... installation looks very good! Just curious...... where did you find the 12v to power them on a Zero?

Old 05-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #75
plutoz
Adventurer

Quote:
Gareth, thanks for posting those pics....... installation looks very good! Just curious...... where did you find the 12v to power them on a Zero?
All of the existing lighting are 12v, and there is a 12v fusebox on the left side of the bike behind the fairing. Not to be confused with the 80v fusebox on the other side for the high voltage system that propels the bike!

One of these was labelled 'spare' so I just tapped into that for the Cree900s. For the ground I used the black wire on the existing headlight.