Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #46
luftkoph
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
If any one is on the fence about these,get off your ass and buy them,I tried them out on my crf 450 x,what a difference they made,I'll be going on a two week road trip and report on their street ability.I didn't get the hat and don't care,that hat will never make my Honda comfortable like these shorts do.
luftkoph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:23 AM   #47
Tuff Tunica OP
Moto-Skiveez creator

Oddometer: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftkoph View Post
If any one is on the fence about these,get off your ass and buy them,I tried them out on my crf 450 x,what a difference they made,I'll be going on a two week road trip and report on their street ability.I didn't get the hat and don't care,that hat will never make my Honda comfortable like these shorts do.
Luft, Thanks much for the endorsement! I'm glad you are liking your M-Skiveez. As for the hat....did you add it to the order? The "adv" code is still valid. If you PM me you order number or name I'll get one out for ya.

And for anyone that is interested, you just need to add the hat to your shopping cart, and then enter 'adv' for coupon code. The coupon code discounts the cost of the hat. If you do not add the hat to your cart the coupon code does not automatically include it.

Hope that clarifies things.
Tuff Tunica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:09 AM   #48
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 925
Bit the bullet on the shipping to Canada and place my order. The reviews continue to be good, so it's definitely worth a try over the big $ for a new seat.
BlackBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:19 PM   #49
GPD323
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Just ordered a pair and got the hat with your ADV discount coupon!
Thanks!
Greg D
GPD323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:35 AM   #50
Stromtrooper246
Lost again

Oddometer: 470
I got a pair of the ADV version from Shawn at OE and wore them on my trip back to south Florida, almost 2500 miles. The biggest improvement for me was the "junk trunk". On the trip out I was wearing either Sedici stretch pants or ExOfficio briefs and Under Armor Heat Gear. These pants were killing me the entire trip out, putting way too much pressure on the family jewels. The pocket in the Moto-Skiveez completely eliminated that discomfort for me.

As far as my butt comfort goes, I was using an Airhawk medium pad on the stock Stelvio seat so I was relatively comfortable. The addition of the pad in the Moto-Skiveez just made it more comfortable, to the point that the seat pressure didn't bother me at all. To complete on honest review, I am going to start wearing them with the stock seat and no pad on my daily 150 mile commute to work.

I spent some time speaking with Shawn at OE and interviewing him for our show (Cafe Racer Podcast Overland Expo). I also talked to him about the materials and construction used in making the pad. The company that makes his pad is the same one that makes them for Assos. When it comes to cycling bibs quality, design, and construction become very important if you spent hours in the saddle. I have Assos bibs that I've spent close to $200 for. This was after trying every other bargain brand out there. I didn't want to spend that kind of money on a pair of bicycle shorts until my cousin who raced for Jamis convinced me. The change to a high quality pad made all the difference for me when it came to seat time.

When walking around in the shorts I didn't find them to be any more uncomfortable than cycling bibs. I did have a lot of room to move with them as I was wearing them under a pair of Olympia X-Moto pants and not something more restrictive.

Would I buy these again? Yes. I plan on getting a pair of the sport bike version to try with my V11.

I'll post a more thorough review on our site once I spent more time commuting in them.
13 Tiger 800
02 Guzzi V11 Tenni *T105*
Stromtrooper246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:11 AM   #51
IDRIDR
Take me to the River

Oddometer: 1,301
Order just placed. Looking forward to some Skiveez!
IDRIDR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:23 AM   #52
Travman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromtrooper246 View Post
I got a pair of the ADV version from Shawn at OE and wore them on my trip back to south Florida, almost 2500 miles. The biggest improvement for me was the "junk trunk". On the trip out I was wearing either Sedici stretch pants or ExOfficio briefs and Under Armor Heat Gear. These pants were killing me the entire trip out, putting way too much pressure on the family jewels. The pocket in the Moto-Skiveez completely eliminated that discomfort for me.

As far as my butt comfort goes, I was using an Airhawk medium pad on the stock Stelvio seat so I was relatively comfortable. The addition of the pad in the Moto-Skiveez just made it more comfortable, to the point that the seat pressure didn't bother me at all. To complete on honest review, I am going to start wearing them with the stock seat and no pad on my daily 150 mile commute to work.

I spent some time speaking with Shawn at OE and interviewing him for our show (Cafe Racer Podcast Overland Expo). I also talked to him about the materials and construction used in making the pad. The company that makes his pad is the same one that makes them for Assos. When it comes to cycling bibs quality, design, and construction become very important if you spent hours in the saddle. I have Assos bibs that I've spent close to $200 for. This was after trying every other bargain brand out there. I didn't want to spend that kind of money on a pair of bicycle shorts until my cousin who raced for Jamis convinced me. The change to a high quality pad made all the difference for me when it came to seat time.

When walking around in the shorts I didn't find them to be any more uncomfortable than cycling bibs. I did have a lot of room to move with them as I was wearing them under a pair of Olympia X-Moto pants and not something more restrictive.

Would I buy these again? Yes. I plan on getting a pair of the sport bike version to try with my V11.

I'll post a more thorough review on our site once I spent more time commuting in them.
Thanks for the write up. I listened to your podcast interview and decided to look them up and give them a try. I've been a long time LD Comfort wearer so I'm curious to make the comparison. Also, I use a beadrider during the summer so I'll give that perspective as well.

2014 BMW R1200 GSA
2011 BMW R1200RT - gone
2008 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 - gone
Travman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:44 PM   #53
Tuff Tunica OP
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDRIDR View Post
Order just placed. Looking forward to some Skiveez!
Thanks much! Love Boise.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #54
Tuff Tunica OP
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travman View Post
Thanks for the write up. I listened to your podcast interview and decided to look them up and give them a try. I've been a long time LD Comfort wearer so I'm curious to make the comparison. Also, I use a beadrider during the summer so I'll give that perspective as well.
Travman, thanks for the order. I'm interested to get your feedback. LD is a very good product. We are just a different option to the same problem. As is your beadrider. Obviously there are alot of options for this very common problem. Thanks again for the support.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:55 PM   #55
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,800
hey tunica,,,, do you think you can get a bucket style hat for those of us that like them? i'd be all over a free one of those with an order.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:49 PM   #56
Tuff Tunica OP
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
hey tunica,,,, do you think you can get a bucket style hat for those of us that like them? i'd be all over a free one of those with an order.
I can always look into it. Do you have a better description of perhaps what you are looking for? Maybe a link to something?
Old 05-28-2014, 04:22 PM   #57
the_real_wild1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 144
I think he is talking about the boonie style of hat.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #58
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,800
yeah, boonie hat ect.. i love that you offer a baseball cap but i dont wear them and they arent good for much for sun protection anyway. boonie hat can be rolled up and stuffed into almost anything.

thanks for the reply and thanks for the open mind

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boonie_hat
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:47 PM   #59
mrphotoman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,031
What would you recommend for a 2009 Kawasaki ER6N (naked 650r with bar risers)? It has a semi-standard seating position and 1 piece seat, I would hope a small pair would fit a 4'11" 98lb female lol, she has a small pair of padded bike shorts we tried out on our last big ride that fit her.

Thanks
mrphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #60
Tuff Tunica OP
Moto-Skiveez creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrphotoman View Post
What would you recommend for a 2009 Kawasaki ER6N (naked 650r with bar risers)? It has a semi-standard seating position and 1 piece seat, I would hope a small pair would fit a 4'11" 98lb female lol, she has a small pair of padded bike shorts we tried out on our last big ride that fit her.

Thanks
I think the best option, as far a style, would be the ADVENTURE. We're working diligently for a women's model. Stay tuned......

Thanks for considering Moto-Skiveez®.