Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 07:36 AM   #1
wuaname OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Iphone / waypoints options?

Hello everyone, new user. I’ve looked around using the search function and have gotten some useful information but not finding the info I am needing. I am basically looking for a gps app I can use on my iphone in which I can easily create waypoints from the phone.

I started off with Harley Planner, but you need to download to your gps via a gpx file.

Basecamp – Looks to me like you also need to download to a gps. Couldn’t the info transfer to my google maps or other third party map I can install on the iphone?

Harley Planner – Great tool to plan your waypoints online, but like I said you have to transfer to a gps. I have the app, which is useless as it’s not a map, just lists your saved rides and lists the waypoints.

Copilot – It looks like you can create waypoints on the paid version of this app, but not sure.

Any suggestions?

I have a lower end Garmin Nuvi that is about 1-2 years old, so I don’t even know if I would be able to d/l gpx files to that.
wuaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 09:54 AM   #2
Mike_W
n00b

Oddometer: 9
I recently started using Navigon. It's not perfect, but you can add waypoints from your phone. You can also edit the route in your iPad if you have one, then send the route to your phone by email.

Note that it doesn't have a "draggable" route feature, a-la google maps (I don't know of any app that has that, if someone has better info I'd be greatly interested). So you can't edit the route graphically.
Mike_W is offline   Reply With Quote