ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2014, 05:58 PM   #1
Gangplank OP
Advenchaintourer
 
Gangplank's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Oddometer: 2,294
Resetting ECU ??

Anyone know if there is a procedure for resetting the ECU fueling tables?

Have the booster plug and want to get learned values back to stock.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Ride more, bark less
Gangplank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:20 PM   #2
Nacho911
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Nacho911's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Alberta Rocky Mountains Canada
Oddometer: 454
Take out the booster plug. Place the sensor wires back to original state. Go for a ride, and the bike should reset itself I think
__________________
Nacho911
Nacho911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:33 AM   #3
Full Power
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Homer, Alaska
Oddometer: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho911 View Post
Take out the booster plug. Place the sensor wires back to original state. Go for a ride, and the bike should reset itself I think
.......
THIS is exactly what I did. First installed the booster plug, sooted up the exhaust, reduced fuel economy 20 percent. Next step: Remove booster plug, runa few hundred miles, exhaust cleaning up to light grey, and fuel economy is improving.
That BMSK is one smart sumbitch.
__________________
Warm enough to RAIN is warm enough to RIDE.
Full Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:09 AM   #4
Gangplank OP
Advenchaintourer
 
Gangplank's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Oddometer: 2,294
20% ? What mileage were you getting? Mine didn't change with it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Ride more, bark less
Gangplank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:08 AM   #5
emerson.biguns
All idiot, no savant
 
emerson.biguns's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: The Old Pueblo
Oddometer: 9,945
Read about resetting the ECU here.

Full Power, which "booster plug" did you have problems with?

John
emerson.biguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #6
Full Power
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Homer, Alaska
Oddometer: 1,422
Wuka King " JUICE " worked as advertised, cured snatchy throttle symptoms
. Bike felt great, ran just fine. Enriched fuel ling, as advertised.

Noted a bit of visible black soot in exhaust, as would be expected.
Fuel economy was reduced on the F800.

On the particular road trip on which I removed the "Juice", one fill-up gave a calculated 48 miles per gallon, substantially down from the bike's lifetime average of 58 miles per gallon, and the expected 60+ mpg for that particular leg of 55 miles per hour, state trooper patrolled pavement section.
.
The device DOES what it is advertised as doing, enriching fuel injection, by lowering the apparent air intake temperature reported to the BMSK.
__________________
Warm enough to RAIN is warm enough to RIDE.
Full Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #7
Gangplank OP
Advenchaintourer
 
Gangplank's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Oddometer: 2,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Power View Post
Wuka King " JUICE " worked as advertised, cured snatchy throttle symptoms
. Bike felt great, ran just fine. Enriched fuel ling, as advertised.

Noted a bit of visible black soot in exhaust, as would be expected.
Fuel economy was reduced on the F800.

On the particular road trip on which I removed the "Juice", one fill-up gave a calculated 48 miles per gallon, substantially down from the bike's lifetime average of 58 miles per gallon, and the expected 60+ mpg for that particular leg of 55 miles per hour, state trooper patrolled pavement section.
.
The device DOES what it is advertised as doing, enriching fuel injection, by lowering the apparent air intake temperature reported to the BMSK.

The juice is the model w/ only the higher offset. Do when riding in temps below 85 you would be running too rich.

The Wuka King HTC Throttle Controller or original model is switchable for cooler & warmer settings. That way you can reduce the temp offset when it's hotter out.

I have the Booster Plug I think which isn't switchable. My bike is running rich but I am getting 45-50 mpg. I've never gotten much better mileage than that anyway.
__________________
Ride more, bark less
Gangplank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:26 PM   #8
Full Power
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Homer, Alaska
Oddometer: 1,422
If my motorcycle got fuel mileage that low, I would trailer it behind a volkswagon golf.
.
Overall, average has been 58 miles per gallon, mostly 2-up on the F800.
Local, around town, and commuting it makes 60 to 64 mpg.
__________________
Warm enough to RAIN is warm enough to RIDE.
Full Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:35 PM   #9
roger 04 rt
Beastly Adventurer
 
roger 04 rt's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Oddometer: 2,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Power View Post
.......
THIS is exactly what I did. First installed the booster plug, sooted up the exhaust, reduced fuel economy 20 percent. Next step: Remove booster plug, runa few hundred miles, exhaust cleaning up to light grey, and fuel economy is improving.
That BMSK is one smart sumbitch.
I don't see any way the BP or equivalent can effect fuel economy over the long term. You've got something else going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerson.biguns View Post
Read about resetting the ECU here.

Full Power, which "booster plug" did you have problems with?

John
That reset works for the Motronic. I don't know if removing the power to the BMSK resets it.
roger 04 rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:35 PM   #10
Gangplank OP
Advenchaintourer
 
Gangplank's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Oddometer: 2,294
Resetting ECU ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Power View Post
If my motorcycle got fuel mileage that low, I would trailer it behind a volkswagon golf.

.

Overall, average has been 58 miles per gallon, mostly 2-up on the F800.

Local, around town, and commuting it makes 60 to 64 mpg.


That's odd. I'd have to ride like a grandma to get that kind of mileage. :lol. I do ride the bike they way I like so maybe that has something to do with it.
__________________
Ride more, bark less

Gangplank screwed with this post 05-26-2014 at 10:40 PM Reason: wanted to
Gangplank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:36 PM   #11
Full Power
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Homer, Alaska
Oddometer: 1,422
The concurrent installation of a Heidenau K60 rear COULD, possibly skew the indicated odometer miles, in ratio of the diameter difference from the TKC80.
Unless odometer reads front wheel.
.
Possible injectors got fouled or gummy, parked overwinter.
.
__________________
Warm enough to RAIN is warm enough to RIDE.
Full Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014