Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2014, 03:58 PM   #31
Kyniska
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Your ladies cut gloves are great for my long skinny fingers.... but not a single ladies pant fits my curves. I ended up with a Levante jacket but had to get Olympia pants. Kinda frustrating.
Kyniska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:41 PM   #32
easy_rider_77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Boots

Do you guys have any plans to make gore-tex boots?
easy_rider_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:03 AM   #33
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer: 52
Poseidon reflective material and REV'IT! warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWA View Post
Any comment on my post regarding the apparent peeling off of the reflective material on my new Poseidon Jacket???
Hey BruceWA -- Apologies! We totally overlooked your comment. Could you send us photos via private message of what the peeling looks like, and we can go from there? Because the Poseidon does use a GORE-TEX shell, it's not recommended to try any "quick fixes" to glue it back down. Will keep an eye out for your photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
What is the RevIt warranty, anyway? I couldn't find anything on it on the US website. Considering a Poseidon suit, and I know it's warranted by GoreTex, but if I'm dropping that kind of money, I want to know what the warranty is from the OEM.
Hey mychajluk, the REV'IT! warranty period is 1 year from date of purchase. (Proof of purchase is required.) All warranty claims are done through the original dealer; they ship it to us for inspection, repair and replacement. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Ride Safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
REV'IT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #34
mokosai
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Glove Waterproofness?

Hey, I was wondering if there was anything new in the realm of waterproof gloves from you guys.

I have REV'IT pants and jackets and love both, but have had poor experiences with your gloves. The latest was a pair of Summit H2O which are not even a little waterproof and have a liner that detaches from the glove every time you take it off (gloves are 2 years old so they are out of warranty).

From reading other comments, it looks like my experience isn't unique, so I was wondering if there are any new materials, liners, etc. in your gloves that make them worth another shot, or should I just stick to Held?

Thanks for taking the time to post on a forum!
Old 05-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #35
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,584
Any ETA on the Seesoft Back Protector that's on backorder from a couple of vendors? I'm just about to pull the trigger on a Sand 2 jacket, but want to get the back protector for it.
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:12 PM   #36
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,735
stopped at the expo booth to buy gloves,,, didnt have my size but now at least i know what size to order.
2 SPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:42 AM   #37
NZRalphy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
How good the stuff that is half way through your range?

And why can't the warrantee be international - if I'm traveling I can't remember where I brought the jacket and then send it back to another country.

NZRalphy screwed with this post 05-21-2014 at 02:37 AM
NZRalphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:35 PM   #38
ghostryder
made it

Oddometer: 5,637
Will you have anyone representing your gear at the RA rally next week?
ghostryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:21 PM   #39
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Waterproof gloves; Seesoft back protectors;

Hey Guys!

We've been out West for the last few weeks, and are just getting our digital lives cleaned up again. Sorry for the delay, but we're here and ready to jump back into the conversation! In response to some of your questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokosai View Post
Hey, I was wondering if there was anything new in the realm of waterproof gloves from you guys.

I have REV'IT pants and jackets and love both, but have had poor experiences with your gloves. The latest was a pair of Summit H2O which are not even a little waterproof and have a liner that detaches from the glove every time you take it off (gloves are 2 years old so they are out of warranty).

From reading other comments, it looks like my experience isn't unique, so I was wondering if there are any new materials, liners, etc. in your gloves that make them worth another shot, or should I just stick to Held?

Thanks for taking the time to post on a forum!
Hey Mokosai, sorry to hear about the gloves! I might recommend you try some of our GORE-TEX products, like the Roadstar GTX. We used the GORE-TEX X-TRAFIT construction in the making of these gloves, which means that the inner lining, the GORE-TEX insert, and the outer fabric are all bound into one layer, while the properties of each layer are retained -- or in other words, liners don't pull out, and the gloves are surprisingly lightweight for the amount of waterproofing and protection provided. The Phantom GTX uses the same X-TRAFIT technology, and we have other gloves like the Alaska and the Fusion that use a basic GORE-TEX membrane that likewise provides waterproofing.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Any ETA on the Seesoft Back Protector that's on backorder from a couple of vendors? I'm just about to pull the trigger on a Sand 2 jacket, but want to get the back protector for it.
Hi lmychajluk. You're definitely not the only one wondering about the back protectors. We're out of stock because we had to switch manufacturers rather suddenly and unexpectedly (due to issues on the manufacturer's side), and production came to a halt. We quickly started looking for an new manufacturer, but it took a bit of time and so now we're playing catch-up.

Fingers are crossed that we'll see something by late June or early July!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZRalphy View Post
How good the stuff that is half way through your range?

And why can't the warrantee be international - if I'm traveling I can't remember where I brought the jacket and then send it back to another country.
Well Ralphy, I guess that depends on what you're comparing it to! Personally, for me, our mid-range products are fantastic -- they're perfectly suited for the riding I'm doing about 99% of the time.

Apologies on our warranty restrictions, but to keep track of our stocks and warrantied products, everything has to be routed through the original dealer of purchase. Of course, if you're ever in a jam when you're on the road, do just send us a message and we're always happy to see what we can do.

Ride safe!
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 05-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #40
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Overland; RA Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
stopped at the expo booth to buy gloves,,, didnt have my size but now at least i know what size to order.
2 SPOT, do you mean Overland? If so, we definitely met you there! Glad to hear you're all sized up on the gloves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostryder View Post
Will you have anyone representing your gear at the RA rally next week?
Hey ghostryder, unfortunately we won't be at the RA rally. But we WILL be at BMW MOA in July. If you're there, please do stop by to say hello!

Ride Safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 06-03-2014, 07:10 AM   #41
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Just ordered a pair of the Sand 2 pants and will be picking up the jacket this weekend (after one last fit check).

Can you tell me if the HiVis vest interferes with the attachment points for the neck brace (or vice/versa)?

Also, as a suggestion - I'd like to see another pair of warm weather pants, either well vented or mesh, that are in some way waterproof as well in the 'mid level' price point. These would either be something like the Sand 2, but with larger / better venting like the large vents on the Poseidon pants, or something like the Tornado pants but without the insulation in the liner (just the waterproof layer). Now that I think about it, I would buy a pair of Tornado pants in a heartbeat as well if the Hydratex liner from the Sand 2 could be used in place of the Tornado's insulated liner?
Old 06-03-2014, 07:29 AM   #42
SamRus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
Hey Rev'It!

I've had your mesh Airwave pants and have been wearing them daily during summer seasons since March 2012 until now, for good 5 months each year. They are great pants with great protection, and flow air very well.

My only gripe is that the fabric is uncomfortable against the skin when it's hot out, so I have to wear some sort of under-pants, which cuts down on airflow, and negates the whole purpose of hot-weather mesh pants. My suggestion would be to use some sort of wicking "dry fit" fabric (like underarmor, or nike dry fit) that's used in athletic clothing. That would make these pants absolute best in the world!

Also, thanks for the great products you guys make!
SamRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #43
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Bluhduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by REV'IT! View Post
Hi lmychajluk. You're definitely not the only one wondering about the back protectors. We're out of stock because we had to switch manufacturers rather suddenly and unexpectedly (due to issues on the manufacturer's side), and production came to a halt. We quickly started looking for an new manufacturer, but it took a bit of time and so now we're playing catch-up.

Fingers are crossed that we'll see something by late June or early July!
REV'IT!
Ok, what does that mean? Is Tryonic no longer going to be the manufacturer of the armor upgrades?

I just received my Sand 2 pants, purchased via MotorcycleGear.com and, I suspect based on the tracking info, shipped direct from the Rev'It warehouse in/near NYC. After about an hour of trying to insert the Tryonic Seesoft hip pads, I went to the 'net and found a note on Revzilla's site that there was a change to the '2014' version of some Rev'It pants (link), and only those pants that have the Tryonic label will fit these hip pads. The pants I received do not have this label. I should note that some vendors are including notes that Rev'It no longer includes the foam pads, but my pants did come with them. So, do I have the 'new' style or the 'old'? I don't really care if I have the old or new, but I do want to be able to upgrade to something better than the included foam hip pads, and something that fits the armor pockets properly. Revzilla's suggestion for the SAS-TEC hip protectors in the link above is off, too, as those are a completely different shape from either the foam pads included with the pants or the Seesoft Type B RV01 pads which are supposed to be the matching size for these pants.

So, do I exchange the pants in hopes of getting another pair with the Tryonic label? Or do I return the now useless Tryonic hip pads because there's a 'new' armor that will be available soon that fits the pockets on these (and other?) Rev'It pants? Am I going to have the same problem finding an upgraded back protector for the Sand 2 jacket?
Old 06-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #44
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Airwave mesh / Sand 2 hip protectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamRus View Post
Hey Rev'It!

I've had your mesh Airwave pants and have been wearing them daily during summer seasons since March 2012 until now, for good 5 months each year. They are great pants with great protection, and flow air very well.

My only gripe is that the fabric is uncomfortable against the skin when it's hot out, so I have to wear some sort of under-pants, which cuts down on airflow, and negates the whole purpose of hot-weather mesh pants. My suggestion would be to use some sort of wicking "dry fit" fabric (like underarmor, or nike dry fit) that's used in athletic clothing. That would make these pants absolute best in the world!

Also, thanks for the great products you guys make!
Hey SamRus, it's our pleasure to make great products -- thanks to you for buying them! I've sent a message to our product team about the fabric in the Airwave; they're always looking for good feedback. May I ask, what sort of base layer are you wearing underneath? We do make a summer layer that breathes quite well, if you're looking for something new. It's called the Oxygen, you can find it here. We'll let you know if we hear anything new about the mesh material in the Airwave!

Quote:
Ok, what does that mean? Is Tryonic no longer going to be the manufacturer of the armor upgrades?

I just received my Sand 2 pants, purchased via MotorcycleGear.com and, I suspect based on the tracking info, shipped direct from the Rev'It warehouse in/near NYC. After about an hour of trying to insert the Tryonic Seesoft hip pads, I went to the 'net and found a note on Revzilla's site that there was a change to the '2014' version of some Rev'It pants (link), and only those pants that have the Tryonic label will fit these hip pads. The pants I received do not have this label. I should note that some vendors are including notes that Rev'It no longer includes the foam pads, but my pants did come with them. So, do I have the 'new' style or the 'old'? I don't really care if I have the old or new, but I do want to be able to upgrade to something better than the included foam hip pads, and something that fits the armor pockets properly. Revzilla's suggestion for the SAS-TEC hip protectors in the link above is off, too, as those are a completely different shape from either the foam pads included with the pants or the Seesoft Type B RV01 pads which are supposed to be the matching size for these pants.

So, do I exchange the pants in hopes of getting another pair with the Tryonic label? Or do I return the now useless Tryonic hip pads because there's a 'new' armor that will be available soon that fits the pockets on these (and other?) Rev'It pants? Am I going to have the same problem finding an upgraded back protector for the Sand 2 jacket?
Hi lmychajluk. We took a look into your case; since the pants were just ordered, they should have been the model prepared for the TRYONIC SeeSoft hip protector. I think by now MotorcycleGear.com should have contacted you regarding a replacement -- if not, let us know right away and we'll get on it!

Quote:
Just ordered a pair of the Sand 2 pants and will be picking up the jacket this weekend (after one last fit check).

Can you tell me if the HiVis vest interferes with the attachment points for the neck brace (or vice/versa)?
As for vest, I just put it on a Sand 2 Jacket we have in our showroom to test it out. Depending on the size of your jacket, the HV vest may overlap the neck brace straps a bit, but it does not affect functionality -- they both co-exist happily.

Ride safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 06-05-2014, 04:42 PM   #45
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks for the info on the HiVis vest.

As for the pants, I was contacted by MotorcycleGear.com and they made arrangements to replace the pants. They're always great, and knew they'd step up. But I'm still a little curious as to this 'new' armor manufacturer, especially given Rev'It's initiative to meet current EU standards. Will the new manufacturer be producing an identical item to the current Tryonic Seesoft armor? Will the armor now be included with Rev'It garments where previously only the foam inserts were provided?