ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 05:39 AM   #16
porterrad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Thanks - I see it on the map now, but I don't recall ever riding Bobblet's gap. Looks pretty twisty.

Aren't there also some seasonally open trails near there? I think they parallel the BRP, but they are down in the valley.
porterrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:13 AM   #17
AB13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 717
Bump
Old 05-27-2014, 04:31 AM   #18
TOYBARN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Bobbet's Gap is now closed and gated. Signage say open 8/1-12/31 only. Found this out two weekends ago while out riding.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:30 PM   #19
Ed@Ford
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYBARN View Post
Bobbet's Gap is now closed and gated. Signage say open 8/1-12/31 only. Found this out two weekends ago while out riding.
Toybarn: I scouted around the Bobbletts gap underpass at the BRP on foot. You can see where folks have gone around a dirt berm in the parking area at Bobbletts gap. Shouldn't be too difficult to get to the underpass from the parking lot....one side goes east numbered 617 on my VA delorme atlas...is it barricaded on the east side as well as on the Pico road (625 side) ?

Nice road going up to BRP marker 71 via Petites gap road from the Arcadia side
Ed@Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:11 AM   #20
error cooled OP
anything but asphalt

Oddometer: 1,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYBARN View Post
What a joke. When I asked the USFS about this they said they were closing it in the interest of public safety. Apparently an elderly person high centered their Buick and this is the solution

I would suggest we let the powers that be know that we don't agree with the closure dates:

Actions you can take: I have spoken with Dave Whitmore who is in charge of roads in the District. Super nice guy - seems reasonable. He said this is experimental - and is seeking user input. Send him a letter letting him know you would like these roads open in the spring and not late summer. Feel free to cite your interest in dual sporting - and if you are hunter - access for spring Turkey. His email address is: davidwhitmore@fs.fed.us - you can also CC Annie Downing at adowning@fs.fed.us
error cooled is online now   Reply With Quote