ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #1186
rubberband
Will ride for tacos
 
rubberband's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Michigan
Oddometer: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev95GS View Post
some good trail in that one.
Thanks!
Yup, had a great time, day 2, I was on the ride where Phil wadded himself up. Fun routes. Bit soggy at times...but it beat sitting at home by a long ways.
__________________
2011 UPAT
rubberband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #1187
ChromeSux
Plated and screwed
 
ChromeSux's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Lenoir City TN.
Oddometer: 1,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberband View Post
Yup, had a great time, day 2, I was on the ride where Phil wadded himself up. Fun routes. Bit soggy at times...but it beat sitting at home by a long ways.
I am about to get straightened out. I think i can start riding regularly next week. Been on a short ride or two to the store and back, but Monday got a appointment with the Doc to get the last check up.
So it might be, welcome to the NEW wide open. Slightly adjusted for my age and defects, mental included.

Phil
ChromeSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:49 AM   #1188
Blur
Screwed and stapled
 
Blur's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Oddometer: 4,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeSux View Post
I am about to get straightened out. I think i can start riding regularly next week. Been on a short ride or two to the store and back, but Monday got a appointment with the Doc to get the last check up.
So it might be, welcome to the NEW wide open. Slightly adjusted for my age and defects, mental included.

Phil


Woot! Woot!

When's team plated and screwed going for a ride?
__________________
"Make me one with everything" - the Dalai Lama, while ordering a pizza.
Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:50 PM   #1189
ChromeSux
Plated and screwed
 
ChromeSux's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Lenoir City TN.
Oddometer: 1,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blur View Post
Woot! Woot!

When's team plated and screwed going for a ride?
Whenever you're ready. A couple of weeks ago i was bored and went up (in the car) to see Lt.Dan. I gave him crap till he got tired of it. He did bring your name up in conversation, all good of course.
ChromeSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:49 PM   #1190
frijole
Clickin'
 
frijole's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Nashville
Oddometer: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeSux View Post
Whenever you're ready. A couple of weeks ago i was bored and went up (in the car) to see Lt.Dan. I gave him crap till he got tired of it. He did bring your name up in conversation, all good of course.
Lt.Dan said something nice about Blur??? ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
frijole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:13 AM   #1191
Blur
Screwed and stapled
 
Blur's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Oddometer: 4,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeSux View Post
Whenever you're ready. A couple of weeks ago i was bored and went up (in the car) to see Lt.Dan. I gave him crap till he got tired of it. He did bring your name up in conversation, all good of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frijole View Post
Lt.Dan said something nice about Blur??? ;)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
We hug now....

__________________
"Make me one with everything" - the Dalai Lama, while ordering a pizza.
Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #1192
frijole
Clickin'
 
frijole's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Nashville
Oddometer: 897
A few pics from the MMM Bike Trials

.





















frijole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #1193
disconnected
ultra runner
 
disconnected's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Oddometer: 6,501
Does anyone have any info on the guy walking around with the big camera? He appeared to be a hired photographer? Just wondering if there was an online library somewhere.
__________________
IBA # 47004
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #1194
Motor7
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Motor7's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: East Tennessee
Oddometer: 259
That was notta camera...he was just happy to see you.
Motor7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:00 PM   #1195
gastone
Beastly Adventurer
 
gastone's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Fredvegas, VA
Oddometer: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Does anyone have any info on the guy walking around with the big camera? He appeared to be a hired photographer? Just wondering if there was an online library somewhere.
He was in from Texas. Can't remember his handle...will see if I can find it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACommuter View Post
I'd be cranky too if I had to blow 500 horses!
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:20 PM   #1196
SScratch
Somewhat Tolerable
 
SScratch's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Nashville
Oddometer: 1,566
Here's a couple pics of the hillclimb on Blue's (Bloo, Bleau?) ride.









__________________
2002 DRZ400S, 2001 F650GS Dakar, 1989 Honda Transalp
SScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #1197
gastone
Beastly Adventurer
 
gastone's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Fredvegas, VA
Oddometer: 1,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Does anyone have any info on the guy walking around with the big camera? He appeared to be a hired photographer? Just wondering if there was an online library somewhere.
His handle is tex76: http://advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=227146

Fwiw, check out the rr's listed in his sig. His photography is every bit as awesome as one would hope given his equipment. Stunning!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by VACommuter View Post
I'd be cranky too if I had to blow 500 horses!
VAC
You can bet your sweet ass and half a titty...
gastone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:47 PM   #1198
disconnected
ultra runner
 
disconnected's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Oddometer: 6,501
Great, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastone View Post
His handle is tex76: http://advrider.com/forums/member.php?u=227146

Fwiw, check out the rr's listed in his sig. His photography is every bit as awesome as one would hope given his equipment. Stunning!
__________________
IBA # 47004
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #1199
Tex76
Motersykle Advntyers
 
Tex76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Oddometer: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
Does anyone have any info on the guy walking around with the big camera?
That's a lot better than being called the big guy with the camera

I do have about 100 pictures from the rally on my personal Smugmug page:

http://tex76.smugmug.com/Other/The-E...0593&k=CBgbZk4

You can download any of the pics straight from there which would be of a high enough quality for any websites or screensavers. If you want the full res copy for printing just shoot me an email and I'll send the original file. Rsharp76@gmail.com

Had an awesome time and can't wait to come back next year!

P.S. Thanks Gastone!

P.S.S. Disconnected-I had this one edited and on my page which means I have a few more that I haven't edited. Send me your email in a PM and I'll get them over to you.

__________________
"We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about."
2007 BMW R1200 GSA, 2009 DL1000, 2005 DR650
30:Unemployed and Homeless (2 months and 10,000 miles)
The Lost Texan, Wanders East
Tex76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:13 AM   #1200
pjm204
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Oddometer: 1,827
For the unfortunate ones like myself that paid but were unable to attend, can I still get my shirt?
__________________
Current bikes:2006 DL650, 2008 WR250R
Past bikes: XT225, TTR125, '04 CRF50 '74 DT125,'70 TS250,'85 v45, '89 zx600c, '78 GS400x, '99 GS500E, '01 GS500E '05 Z750s, '77 GS400e, '82 GS1100ez, '97 GSX600, '07 VFR800, '03 KLR650, '03 FJR1300, '06 DL1000, '00 KLR650, '99 WR360, '08 DL650, '05 DR650, '08 EX650r, '96 CR500, '82 GS450T, '06 Ural
pjm204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014