ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2014, 02:37 AM   #1
Al Goodwin OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,261
Something interesting between Hilton Head and Atlanta?????

The wife and I are riding to Hilton Head for a few nights, I was looking for somewhere to stop for a night on the way back home to North Alabama....... but I'm seeing NOTHING.

The N.Georgia mountains are great, but NOT on the way home......Y'all give me some ideas here.

THANKS
'04 Honda XR400
'76 Yamaha TY250
Al Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #2
27Dgresridn
LM Lurker/HP Sherpa

Oddometer: 31
Dublin?

Dublin, GA is about half way off I-16 - kind of an interesting Irish history town...some great places to eat - Lil Toms Fish Market, Millers Soul Food, Deano's Pizza (really great), Stone Horse Tavern - The downtown is great to walk around in, lots of quaint shops, old GA feel, and Theatre Dublin for concerts and plays, there are some B&B's...I stayed in Page House once, not sure if it is still open, but a very cool 1900's mansion.
27Dgresridn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 08:17 AM   #3
27Dgresridn
LM Lurker/HP Sherpa

Oddometer: 31
Off the beaten path

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27Dgresridn View Post
Dublin, GA is about half way off I-16 - kind of an interesting Irish history town...some great places to eat - Lil Toms Fish Market, Millers Soul Food, Deano's Pizza (really great), Stone Horse Tavern - The downtown is great to walk around in, lots of quaint shops, old GA feel, and Theatre Dublin for concerts and plays, there are some B&B's...I stayed in Page House once, not sure if it is still open, but a very cool 1900's mansion.
If you want to get off the Interstate you can pick up GA-46 around Savannah, actually numerous exits on I-16 and take it to GA-86 which goes right to Dublin...slower, but more scenic with some small towns to stop along...and that fresh Georgia smell of magnolias, pines, and sweet cow $#!*
27Dgresridn is offline   Reply With Quote