Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike View Post
Short answer: yep! Perfectly.

Lemme know if you need a longer answer.

Cheers,

MW
Don't need a longer answer when the short answer is so, well, perfect!

thanks!
08 Beta Rev3 125
tilliejacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:57 AM   #1382
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilliejacques View Post
Don't need a longer answer when the short answer is so, well, perfect!

thanks!
Happy days!

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #1383
MadM
Dreamer

Oddometer: 182
I must say that Kriega Tool Roll and US-5 work great together. Here is a US-5 with tool roll inside on the back of my KLE at the end of a hard day off roading in Croatia.
MadM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #1384
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 656
Thought I'd mention that for the past month, I've been on a trip from one side of America to the other: DC to the Pacific, and back again. I'd already been sold on the Kriega bags before the trip, but after using them this extensively there's no question about this being my go to brand now. Even had a couple of falls off road, and it survived. Sure, there may be one or two half-inch tears in the outer bag now, but because there's a second internal bag means everything's still waterproof! Which has been important...

Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #1385
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotmaverick View Post
Hello together.
I just received my first Kriega pack.
Since I live in Germany I could not order it with Michael. Unfortunately the store I ordered with sucked pretty hard. I have to finde a different source in the future.

I read almost through the hole thread but there where still a few questions I could not get answered. Especially regarding to my Bike and how I could mount the pack the best way. I drive a KTM SMC 640 (2004). Sure that is not the typical adventure bike, but this is by far the best thread I could find online which explained the Kriega system. So I want to give something back and show you in detail how I mounted my US10.

First I wasn't sure about mounting it all the way back on the fender. So I decided to try it with the back of the seat.

Yep that just looks awful and did not work good in any way. It just was to close to my back while sitting on the Bike.

I then gave it a shot and installed it all the way back on the fender.
I disassembled the fender from the frame so I could reach the frame. After installing the straps it was quite a tight fit to assemble the fender again but with a little bit of force I got it back on.
So that you don't wonder, I did not wanted to cut the loop straps because I wasn't sure if this will be the final position. So I tried to "store" it as nice and needly as possible and secured it with zip ties. I don't think that they will come loose.

I will now just dump the pictures in here. If you have more questions please let me know.
Thanks for taking the time to document your install there maverick. Looks like you thought it through and found the right spots to suit your needs.

One thing you might have missed, that I would urge you to revisit, is 'locking off' the subframe loops by threading the loose end back through the buckle one more time. Only then will they be fully secured. It'll also tidy things up.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 05-14-2014, 01:15 PM   #1386
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadM View Post
I must say that Kriega Tool Roll and US-5 work great together. Here is a US-5 with tool roll inside on the back of my KLE at the end of a hard day off roading in Croatia.
Lovely job!

Enjoy your rides with Kriega!

BritKit LLC
Old 05-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #1387
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastodon View Post
Thought I'd mention that for the past month, I've been on a trip from one side of America to the other: DC to the Pacific, and back again. I'd already been sold on the Kriega bags before the trip, but after using them this extensively there's no question about this being my go to brand now. Even had a couple of falls off road, and it survived. Sure, there may be one or two half-inch tears in the outer bag now, but because there's a second internal bag means everything's still waterproof! Which has been important...

Thanks for the great feedback, mate. Great to hear that our gear is doing the business for you.

Let me know if you need any Cordura material to patch the crash damage and I'll be happy to send you some gratis. And if you do manage to trash an inner liner at some point, I can supply replacements for a nominal fee.

Also, this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

BritKit LLC
Old 05-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #1388
schaffer40
I look lived in.....

Oddometer: 375
My Kube 1 and 4 all trussed up. I use this setup everyday at work as a field tech for the local telco, with no complaints. I have an on-call every 5 weeks and have to transport the laptop back and forth to work. I continue to be impressed with how well this equipment is holding up.

Punk Rock Changed My Life- The Minutemen
schaffer40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:03 AM   #1389
Kibo303
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Do you have a list of pannier racks that work with your overlander 60 set for a 2013 F800GS? On your site it shows Touratec and Metal mule, do you know if there are others? thanks,
Kibo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:10 AM   #1390
jejtastic
creep

Oddometer: 13
About to head out on my S1000R's first camping trip with some buddies. I love the Kriega US40 kit! Other people are always so surprised at how much you can pack in those bags. Extra kudos to Mike for being so accommodating over the years as I continue to buy the entire catalog...

I have packed: tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow, chair, a few days worth of chonies, jeans+hoodie, clean clothes to sleep in, and toiletries.

2014 BMW S1000R
2012 KTM 690 Enduro R (supermoto!)
jejtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #1391
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo303 View Post
Do you have a list of pannier racks that work with your overlander 60 set for a 2013 F800GS? On your site it shows Touratec and Metal mule, do you know if there are others? thanks,
Hi Kibo,

The Overlander 60 currently snaps on to racks from the brands you mention and also KTM Powerparts and Holan. All of these use 18mm tubing and have broadly the same dimensions, which was the most common ground we could find between widely used brands (Metal Mule is admittedly more popular in Europe than the US, but you get the idea).

That aside, any rack with broadly these dimensions will be just the ticket:

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
Old 05-22-2014, 03:23 PM   #1392
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejtastic View Post
About to head out on my S1000R's first camping trip with some buddies. I love the Kriega US40 kit! Other people are always so surprised at how much you can pack in those bags. Extra kudos to Mike for being so accommodating over the years as I continue to buy the entire catalog...

I have packed: tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, pillow, chair, a few days worth of chonies, jeans+hoodie, clean clothes to sleep in, and toiletries.

Maaaan! I could not have packed and fitted those things any better than you did there. Nice work, fella!

Although it's not easy to make a bike that serious look bad, I think (and obviously, I would say this, but I'm being honest) it looks even more purposeful with the bags on it. Not often that happens with luggage. Nice!

BritKit LLC
Old 05-22-2014, 03:25 PM   #1393
amanlikemike OP
Recoverin speedfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaffer40 View Post
My Kube 1 and 4 all trussed up. I use this setup everyday at work as a field tech for the local telco, with no complaints. I have an on-call every 5 weeks and have to transport the laptop back and forth to work. I continue to be impressed with how well this equipment is holding up.

Tidy - very tidy indeed. You know, I would totally trust a man who rolled up on a bike that well appointed to deal with any telecomms situation I might encounter.

Top job!

BritKit LLC
Old 06-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #1394
dudecati
Dudecati

Oddometer: 144
Triumph Tiger Crashbar Mount US-5?

Hi - I just bought a Tiger 800 and have the factory crash bars on it, do you know if anyone has mounted your US-5 bag in the open space there? Seems like it would be a good fit!
dudecati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:38 PM   #1395
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,903
Man, I just love my kriega gear!
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote