ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 10:41 AM   #10261
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick
 
BK.RD.RNR's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Livin' in the 90's
Oddometer: 5,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
actually a netra guy took overall, and I only took first in NETRA because I was the only guy in my class

...And I was going to ask you if anyone else showed up, but felt like I was just being mean.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:47 AM   #10262
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot
 
kenny61's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Romaniacs 2019
Oddometer: 24,422
First is first, I cant help it if no one else from usually the largest class decided to not show.. Either way I can scratch first place in 2014 off the list
__________________
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #10263
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick
 
BK.RD.RNR's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Livin' in the 90's
Oddometer: 5,447
Caution, Harley bashing in this post;

So yesterday as I was leaving for a little 180 mile ride, I stopped at the gas station at the end of the road to get gas.

Just as I finished fuelling up, I was putting the gas cap back on, when a group of about a 1/2 dozen cruisers pulls in.

They had the whole Billy BadA$$ routine down pretty good. Mean Mugging, skid lids, sleavless T-shirts, tattoos, and incessantly blipping their throttles. It was pretty obvious that they had not received the idle screws with their motorcycles.

Then while I was standing there smirking in my helmet at the whole scene, I realized that the "leader of the pack" with his "old lady" on the back of the bike, who had a blaring stereo so that he could rock out to his music and hear it over his "pipes", was rocking out to....

...THIS


__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #10264
ba_
Beastly Adventurer
 
ba_'s Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Westchester County, New York
Oddometer: 2,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
Then while I was standing there smirking in my helmet at the whole scene, I realized that the "leader of the pack" with his "old lady" on the back of the bike, who had a blaring stereo so that he could rock out to his music and hear it over his "pipes", was rocking out to....

...THIS


It's a great song...
__________________
'09 Triumph Bonneville 50th Anniversary, '14 KTM 690 Enduro R
ba_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:45 PM   #10265
GearedUp
Studly Adventurer
 
GearedUp's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: NE PA
Oddometer: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
All I did was win this

Congrats Kenny. I saw you at the finish.
__________________
08 KLR 650
10 530 EXC
14 KTM Adventure 1190R
GearedUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #10266
kenny61 OP
Crazy Idiot
 
kenny61's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Romaniacs 2019
Oddometer: 24,422
Thanks. sorry I didn't recognize you
__________________
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died.

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:09 PM   #10267
DUCATIJAY
Best Rider Ever
 
DUCATIJAY's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Lagrange, NY
Oddometer: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
Caution, Harley bashing in this post;

So yesterday as I was leaving for a little 180 mile ride, I stopped at the gas station at the end of the road to get gas.

Just as I finished fuelling up, I was putting the gas cap back on, when a group of about a 1/2 dozen cruisers pulls in.

They had the whole Billy BadA$$ routine down pretty good. Mean Mugging, skid lids, sleavless T-shirts, tattoos, and incessantly blipping their throttles. It was pretty obvious that they had not received the idle screws with their motorcycles.

Then while I was standing there smirking in my helmet at the whole scene, I realized that the "leader of the pack" with his "old lady" on the back of the bike, who had a blaring stereo so that he could rock out to his music and hear it over his "pipes", was rocking out to....

...THIS



do I detect I smidge of jealousy.

what's worse them playing the song or you knowing exactly what song it was
__________________
'14 KTM 690 enduro R plated
DUCATIJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #10268
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick
 
BK.RD.RNR's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Livin' in the 90's
Oddometer: 5,447
Did the internet run out of cat pics for you to post, already?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:54 PM   #10269
COMP123
Gnarly Adventurer
 
COMP123's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Danbury
Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apertureguy View Post
The mud I was in was way more soupy. Once I finally got the bike out, there was no tracks or signs I was even there. Everything just smoothed back over.

My mirrors are all loose and I will need to reset them and tighten them back up. I can't imagine what the air filter looks like considering the bottom of the seat was the mud line. Needless to say, I have a bit more work to do on the bike. I also think I might have to bend the brake pedal out as it appears to have gotten pushed in a bit from dragging it with the winch.

Since I already tried washing it, I'm going to let it dry now and use the air compressor to blow as much of the dried mud off as possible...then try the hose again.
Where did you get stuck? 4 hours with a winch?
COMP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:05 PM   #10270
DUCATIJAY
Best Rider Ever
 
DUCATIJAY's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Lagrange, NY
Oddometer: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK.RD.RNR View Post
Did the internet run out of cat pics for you to post, already?

__________________
'14 KTM 690 enduro R plated
DUCATIJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #10271
DUCATIJAY
Best Rider Ever
 
DUCATIJAY's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Lagrange, NY
Oddometer: 566
__________________
'14 KTM 690 enduro R plated
DUCATIJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #10272
DUCATIJAY
Best Rider Ever
 
DUCATIJAY's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Lagrange, NY
Oddometer: 566
__________________
'14 KTM 690 enduro R plated
DUCATIJAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:49 PM   #10273
BK.RD.RNR
Torque Stick
 
BK.RD.RNR's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Livin' in the 90's
Oddometer: 5,447
Hey Jay, how do you say chicken in Chinese?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljockey View Post
None of us are exceptionally skilled riders (excepting when I'm drunk, then I'm fcking quick).
BK.RD.RNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #10274
V8
.
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: CT
Oddometer: 9,246
Jay.: uwannapus5dolla
V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:09 AM   #10275
Apertureguy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Apertureguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: Putnam County, NY
Oddometer: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by COMP123 View Post
Where did you get stuck? 4 hours with a winch?
My friend with the quad & winch didn't show until the 4th hour...I was trying to drag it out with my hands all that time.
__________________
2012 XT 250
Apertureguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014