ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #631
Rick
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcloer1 View Post
I know. I just thought I'd rub it in. err...I mean...give you something to distract you from the pain.
With friends like you guys.....
__________________
Yellow 2006 Suzuki DR650
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #632
jcloer1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Hillsburrito
Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
With friends like you guys.....
Right?! Sheeesh!
jcloer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #633
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Reno
Oddometer: 1,092
I've been following this thread for some ride ideas. But I just have to comment on your injury. I had, what sounds like the same injury, almost 20 years ago. I was T boned by another rider during an MX race. 2 plates and 20 some screws later and I was almost good as new after 3-4 months on crutches. Never had any problems with it other than a couple of screws becoming pressure points when I ski. Still riding at 66!

So don't be planning your retirement from bike riding yet!
__________________
KTMs--300, 518, 990
renogeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:20 PM   #634
jcloer1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Hillsburrito
Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
I've been following this thread for some ride ideas. But I just have to comment on your injury. I had, what sounds like the same injury, almost 20 years ago. I was T boned by another rider during an MX race. 2 plates and 20 some screws later and I was almost good as new after 3-4 months on crutches. Never had any problems with it other than a couple of screws becoming pressure points when I ski. Still riding at 66!

So don't be planning your retirement from bike riding yet!
That's great news! Glad to hear you healed up so well! I'm hoping for the same situation for Rick, but I've never experienced an injury like that or known anyone who has. Thanks for the post!

Let us know if you're game for the OBCDR in August!
jcloer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #635
Rick
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
I've been following this thread for some ride ideas. But I just have to comment on your injury. I had, what sounds like the same injury, almost 20 years ago. I was T boned by another rider during an MX race. 2 plates and 20 some screws later and I was almost good as new after 3-4 months on crutches. Never had any problems with it other than a couple of screws becoming pressure points when I ski. Still riding at 66!

So don't be planning your retirement from bike riding yet!
Thanks George. Good to hear. I do expect a good recovery. Dr. was quite pleased with how things turned out. The guy is known to be a perfectionist so I think I was lucky in that regard.

As far as riding, we'll see. I want to take some time away from it and see if I actually want to do it. This injury really screwed up a lot of stuff for me this year and I'm not sure I want a hobby that has that easy of a possibility to doing this again.
__________________
Yellow 2006 Suzuki DR650
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:37 PM   #636
jcloer1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Hillsburrito
Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Thanks George. Good to hear. I do expect a good recovery. Dr. was quite pleased with how things turned out. The guy is known to be a perfectionist so I think I was lucky in that regard.

As far as riding, we'll see. I want to take some time away from it and see if I actually want to do it. This injury really screwed up a lot of stuff for me this year and I'm not sure I want a hobby that has that easy of a possibility to doing this again.
How many backpacking trips did you have planned that this affects?
jcloer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:00 PM   #637
Rick
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcloer1 View Post
How many backpacking trips did you have planned that this affects?
4 on the books. 2 sea kayaking trips and a couple hiking trips that some new friends wanted to go on. But looks like we're going to Hawaii instead. Easy my pain with some umbrella drinks.
__________________
Yellow 2006 Suzuki DR650
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #638
jcloer1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Hillsburrito
Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
4 on the books. 2 sea kayaking trips and a couple hiking trips that some new friends wanted to go on. But looks like we're going to Hawaii instead. Easy my pain with some umbrella drinks.
Nice! I like the "backup" plan!
jcloer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #639
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Reno
Oddometer: 1,092
Let us know if you're game for the OBCDR in August! [/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm game and I'll bring my 76 year old riding buddy. Big bikes or small--just let me know.
__________________
KTMs--300, 518, 990
renogeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #640
mr.ajandkj
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Oddometer: 20
Sounds like a great trip, wish I could join you guys but am already booked that week.

I'm in Hillsboro as well, we should connect sometime...

Any of you gents doing the Blackdog this weekend?


Cheers!
mr.ajandkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:06 PM   #641
doggitter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Elmira, Oar-agin
Oddometer: 1,322
Not I. Would like to but dont even know what its about anyway. Besides, saving my wad for anniversary time @ the Jamboree.
__________________
So many rides, so little time.

Loren, somewhere on a DR350SE
doggitter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #642
jcloer1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Hillsburrito
Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.ajandkj View Post
Sounds like a great trip, wish I could join you guys but am already booked that week.

I'm in Hillsboro as well, we should connect sometime...

Any of you gents doing the Blackdog this weekend?


Cheers!
I'm game for some day trips out of the 'Burrito! :)
I'm not going to Blackdog either. Would like to someday, but too busy right now.
jcloer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #643
jcloer1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Hillsburrito
Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
Let us know if you're game for the OBCDR in August!
Thanks. I'm game and I'll bring my 76 year old riding buddy. Big bikes or small--just let me know.[/QUOTE]

The bikes I know of so far are my 650, a 350 and a 400.
jcloer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:31 PM   #644
SICVIC
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Oddometer: 89
Still a go?

jcloer1,

Everything still on track for the ride on Aug 25th? (aside from Rick)
Sisters that morning?

Thanxx
SICVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #645
doggitter
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: Elmira, Oar-agin
Oddometer: 1,322
Speaking of, should we meet up this weekend?
__________________
So many rides, so little time.

Loren, somewhere on a DR350SE
doggitter is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014