Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #1561
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 2,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttle View Post

Anybody wanna buy a tagged DRZe??? (gotta get some funding for all the parts I need)
Would you share the info on the DRZe.I know someone that may be interested.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:55 PM   #1562
Cuttle OP
me? what?

Oddometer: 9,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Would you share the info on the DRZe.I know someone that may be interested.
it's a 2001 e with electric starter, big tank, FMF pipe, skid plate, etc.... it's tagged and we can get a current inspection in NC if needed.

Right now it's lowered and the seat is carved out, but I still have the standard dog bones to get it back to stock in no time.

This pic shows a bit, but keep in mind I parked next to a rock - so it's actually not as short as it seems

and I hate to sell it, but I just don't get around to ride dirt a lot and I need some more money to get the hack to the shape it should be
Old 06-09-2014, 09:06 PM   #1563
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Quote:
it's a 2001 e with electric starter, big tank, FMF pipe, skid plate, etc.... it's tagged and we can get a current inspection in NC if needed.

Right now it's lowered and the seat is carved out, but I still have the standard dog bones to get it back to stock in no time.

This pic shows a bit, but keep in mind I parked next to a rock - so it's actually not as short as it seems

and I hate to sell it, but I just don't get around to ride dirt a lot and I need some more money to get the hack to the shape it should be
Thanks Cuttle.No inspection needed in SC.Paper work to title and reg in SC, without of state paper work, is a pain.I can do it tho.I've bought bikes out of state before.Can you PM me a price, so I can pass it along to my eldest son.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:39 AM   #1564
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,859
Quote:
Thanks Cuttle.No inspection needed in SC.Paper work to title and reg in SC, without of state paper work, is a pain.I can do it tho.I've bought bikes out of state before.Can you PM me a price, so I can pass it along to my eldest son.
I live in SC and have never had a bit of trouble transferring a title form out of state. All you need is a bill of sale, it doesn't even have to be notarized.
Old 06-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #1565
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
I live in SC and have never had a bit of trouble transferring a title form out of state. All you need is a bill of sale, it doesn't even have to be notarized.
I have done quite a few.The spartanburg county DMVs make me have a notarized bill of sale,notarized title, and get a full inspection on site.I have 5 bikes that I can't get titles for until they're complete and can be inspected.Where should I go to get them titled that doesn't require me to do this?I will try almost anything once.
Old 06-10-2014, 11:04 AM   #1566
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,859
Quote:
I have done quite a few.The spartanburg county DMVs make me have a notarized bill of sale,notarized title, and get a full inspection on site.I have 5 bikes that I can't get titles for until they're complete and can be inspected.Where should I go to get them titled that doesn't require me to do this?I will try almost anything once.
I live in York county and go to the Newport office outside of Rock Hill. So far not one notary or inspection out of more than a dozen vehicles...cars, trucks, bikes, motorhome...I just take a blank SC bill of sale with me and have the seller sign it.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:50 PM   #1567
stretch160
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
I live in Spartanburg county, and have never neaded to do that. Just a title is all I need. I always get a bill of sale too (not notorized) just to reduce the sales tax.
stretch160 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #1568
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by knybanjo View Post
I live in York county and go to the Newport office outside of Rock Hill. So far not one notary or inspection out of more than a dozen vehicles...cars, trucks, bikes, motorhome...I just take a blank SC bill of sale with me and have the seller sign it.
I may try one of those DMVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch160 View Post
I live in Spartanburg county, and have never neaded to do that. Just a title is all I need. I always get a bill of sale too (not notorized) just to reduce the sales tax.
That's how it is when I buy vehicles in state.Out of state is a different story.See my post #9 on this thread.It explains my grief. http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=18622.0

Sorry to jack your thread Cuttle.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:52 PM   #1569
stretch160
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
That's how it is when I buy vehicles in state.Out of state is a different story.See my post #9 on this thread.It explains my grief. http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=18622.0

all my vehicle purchases have been out of state (usualy NC)
Never had this issue.

Quote:
Sorry to jack your thread Cuttle
what he said. I'll shut-up now..
stretch160 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:56 PM   #1570
Cuttle OP
me? what?

no problem - somebody walked into the shop today and bought it anyway, plus I paid for my "new" ugly duckling

I am now the proud owner of a 1979 CB750K with 9k miles

Sidecar mounts are ordered and will be here in about 3 weeks. Till then, I got a lot of stuff to do
Old 06-10-2014, 11:35 PM   #1571
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Oddometer: 11,607
Quote:
no problem - somebody walked into the shop today and bought it anyway, plus I paid for my "new" ugly duckling

I am now the proud owner of a 1979 CB750K with 9k miles

Sidecar mounts are ordered and will be here in about 3 weeks. Till then, I got a lot of stuff to do

Under construction
Al Tuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:00 AM   #1572
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,178
There is nothing ugly about a 79 CB750. Sure, they aren't as aesthetically pleasing as a Triumph, but they are pretty in their own way. Get that ugly Honda badge off and paint match the rig and it'll be gorgeous.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2014, 03:01 AM   #1573
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,178
Oh, and you need to start a build thread in Hacks. Wait, I meant MUST start a build thread in Hacks.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2014, 04:13 PM   #1574
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,715
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=980501
Old 06-13-2014, 10:12 PM   #1575
Cuttle OP
me? what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Oh, and you need to start a build thread in Hacks. Wait, I meant MUST start a build thread in Hacks.
well, I may just use this one as the build thread.

And I need to remember to take pics of the progress.... while I sandblast