Maine Riders

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by PWRCRZR, Oct 17, 2008.

1. SMIFFXC

SMIFFXC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine did the exact same thing to a Kenda. :lol3
  2. Wickedadv

Wickedadv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Radiator repair via way of the airbox and everything else. [​IMG]
  3. TinMan207

TinMan207 Most often a lurker... Supporter

Oddometer:
    soooo.... was that what CJ was talking about the other day????

something about tickling or tingling, or burning or something...

:hide
    :lol3
  4. TinMan207

Oddometer:
    had to replace the left hand electrics switch (blinker, lights, horn). The connector is in behind the radiator!

been there, done that.
    might as well change/clean the air filter while you are in there. :deal
  5. crazyal

crazyal God save the triple Supporter

Oddometer:

And a quick "tbs" and don't try using a digital manometer for your boiler setup it no like, don't ask how I know. ,"tps" too while it's apart.
  6. Wickedadv

Oddometer:
    The culprit. [​IMG]

Aluminum brazing a success with HTS-2000 rod and MAPP.

[​IMG]

Now to put it all back together!
  7. Wickedadv

Oddometer:
    Yeah good call on all the other service items. Already replaced the air filter and just finished installing my headlight relays. Thanks on the others
  8. Gadjeep

Gadjeep Adventurer

Oddometer:

WOW! I have been gone a long time. That's terrible that they limit access like that. The whole scenario of the timber companies owning most of the damn state was predicated on that they wouldn't limit recreational access to lands that weren't being actively logged. When you guys go up to Nicatous do you go through Greenfield, around Trout Pond and up the 21000 road or do you slab it to Burlington and then East? I know that the land trust that they started out in the Machias lakes out to W Grand can't be helping either. My family has had a camp in Farm Cove since before there was a road. My grandfather hauled everything to build it in by boat. I lived in Greenfield on the Crocker Turn Rd until I was 21, couldn't wait to leave and now can't stop thinking about going back!
  9. Wickedadv

Oddometer:

Did it melt due to the fact its switching 20A ? ;)
  10. BKMLWR

BKMLWR Wondering around...

Oddometer:
    sometimes we ride the blueberry barrens to Machias then up thru the woods to GLS and out to Burlington and back roads to Passadumkeag-Greenbush Springy Bridge Rd to Greenfield Rd to Milford

Robbins Lumber has just opened more atv trail on west side of Nicatous past the Oxbow Ponds so you can ride all the way around Nicatous on legal trails except for 1 short part...

I did some drafting work for Pete at Greenfield Machine in distant past....
    was at a camp out there one time where I was told not to go in because some people inside would be real uncomfortable if someone they didn't know was to come in.....
  11. BKMLWR

Oddometer:
    it's a marvelous night for a moon dance.....
    ground fog drifting in the fields....almost full moon....cool enough to keep the bugs down....
    but do be careful of the ground fog in the tight curve with a changing radius...
  12. Gadjeep

Gadjeep Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What a small frickin world, Pete Mason is my cousin and I grew up next door to him on top of the hill. I probably know the owners of the camp you're speaking of too...hell I'm probably related to him!

In Carmel related news: I worked for PB Newcomb on the guard rail and fence crews for a couple of years before I left the state in 98. You probably know my cousin Tim Richardson too. :)
  13. TinMan207

Oddometer:
    can't say for sure why. Blinker stopped working on one side. Nothing LOOKED fried in the little poking and prodding I could do. Bought a used replacement on fleebay and stripped the bike to get it on. took me 1/2 a day to make 1 quick electrical connection as I recall it. I noticed that you were able to get in there with your crash bars still on the bike. Mine had to come off to get the plastics off - probably been crashed once or twice too often. I never looked forward to working on up front on that bike because it was/always such a pain. Fortunately, I seldom needed to.

I'm saving my pennies to buy a replacement shock for it before i decide what will be done with the old beast... ride it or sell it. I bought the red 650 as a replacement, but every time I go out and start up the beast I wonder if I really have it in me to put her down... I'm kinda thinking that a new shock and pivot bearings (and raising links) and she might still have a lot of life left in her still. Though with almost 100,000 she needs a face lift.

We'll see I guess. If you hear of anyone with a DL1000 rear shock - cheap - let me know. I'm halfway looking. :1drink
  14. Wickedadv

Oddometer:
    I will keep my eyes open for the shock. Yeah you could definitely use some raising links too! And, give it a new lease on life. Hey, why not! It's not like it owes you anything.

As for getting the plastic off with the crash bars on, if you remove all bolts for tank and fairings, then you can lift the tank off and the plastic has enough space to slide to the side. With the tank out of the way, the plastics slide right out. It's not really difficult per se, but it just a little takes time to remove everything. Hopefully it will be a while before I go back in there :)

Happy paddling

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  15. BKMLWR

Oddometer:
    I'm having some shafts made by Jimmy Alexander right now....
  16. Gadjeep

Gadjeep Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Another cousin. :) If they are on top of Lambs Hill they are all my people ..for better or worse!
  17. cjbiker

cjbiker Nobody's Robot

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

I could sell all my bikes and buy a new 690 Enduro :hmmmmm
  18. 2twisted

2twisted NRTHJSTNRTH

Oddometer:

When is your wife banning you from Craigslist ?
  19. cjbiker

cjbiker Nobody's Robot

Oddometer:
    I think the guys in the white coats are coming for me any moment now :lol3
  20. 2twisted

2twisted NRTHJSTNRTH

Oddometer:

I probably should be quite as there is not a lot of elbow room in da man cave these days....