ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 02:21 PM   #211
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Domiken's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Manhattan
Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokermtb View Post
I've been enjoying my LAJ's for a month or so now, and I must say 'Why did I wait so long!!!???" Seriously, these pants are incredibly comfortable to wear. As for the fit, I tried on 3 different pairs, and finally figured it out. Domiken has you physically measure out your favorite jeans, flat across the waist. My favorite jeans were quite stretched out, so that fudged my measurements. I measured jeans straight out of the dryer, and measured some jeans that weren't so sacked out, and averaged those numbers. Since LAJ uses spandex in their mix, you can err on the 'tighter' side when measuring your jeans. So, measure your favorite jeans, fresh out of the dryer, then round up a 1/4-1/2 inch or so - the LAJ spandex does make a huge difference. Either way, Domiken was very helpful in facilitating dialing in the sizes, so I didn't mind paying for shipping a few pairs to try (I did put two pair on my CC, and refunded one). For my daily moto commute, I wear the LAJ's, and leave em on for the whole day. Nobody at my office is the wiser, since they look like regular jeans - even with the hip and knee pads installed. Truly stealth-ware/wear. And, the bit o' spandex in the jeans makes them, I dare say it, even more comfortable to sit long hours at my workstation than my regular cotton Levi 559's that I like.

As for on the bike comfort - they are a revelation for comfort. I normally commute wearing overpants, and for those of you who do still, you know that wearing TWO pairs of pants is not an optimal comfort solution. I loved riding in my Levi's, but knew full well that they only offered protection from bugs, not pavement! LAJ's truly feel like you're riding around in your regular jeans - it's gotta be the smooth liner that contributes to the comfort of these pants. So far, I've ridden in temps as high as mid/high 80's and noticed none of the 'plastic bag' feeling I often got with my overpants. Not sure how they did it, but LAJ don't make my legs feel hot at all, when the temperatures get hot. My longest ride so far was about 3 hrs long - a mixture of dirt roads and pavement, all on my Vstrom 650. The ride demonstrated to me how nice these pants are for long rides - no bunching up in the crotch (usually I'm 'repositioning' my man-bits after a while when using overpants, or even normal jeans), the pads 'disappear' while riding - you don't notice em, only the great feel of just riding in jeans is what's there....

I don't often say it, but these pants are worth every penny - get a pair.
Thanks for your review jokermtb Glad you like them!

Regarding the protective liner and heat, that's our little formula Definitely changing the minds of folks who think fully lined protective jeans are "hot", well not ours

We love hearing the feedback from customers and the sharing of pictures. When it comes to sizing we will work with every customer to ensure they get the proper fitting pair, all it takes is a 2 minute measurement and our team will take those measurements get to work on finding your size. Vanity sizing affects lower body garments, don't use your current label size, take the measurements and we will match.

Here's an e-mail I got today from a fellow SVRider who took a trip to the Dragon last week:
__________________
www.leananglejeans.com
100% Fully Lined Protective Motorcycle Jeans without looking like a goofball

Domiken screwed with this post 06-11-2014 at 02:28 PM
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #212
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scotland
Oddometer: 373
Once again....

... Black?
thistle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #213
DoubleM
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DoubleM's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: L.A. Lower Alabama
Oddometer: 109
Discount

Domiken,

Can you send me the discount code for members of adv rider?



Thanks,
Mark
DoubleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #214
DoubleM
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DoubleM's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: L.A. Lower Alabama
Oddometer: 109
Discount

Long day ment to PM
DoubleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:30 PM   #215
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Domiken's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Manhattan
Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleM View Post
Long day ment to PM
No worries, just responded by PM.
__________________
www.leananglejeans.com
100% Fully Lined Protective Motorcycle Jeans without looking like a goofball
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:12 AM   #216
tristan626
n00b
 
Joined: Mar 2014
Oddometer: 3
Great Product

I just returned from a four day trip to Vermont which pushed my mileage on my new jeans to just over 1000. I have used them in temps from mid 50's to mid 90's with various levels of humidity. All temp ranges were quite comfortable and only the high temps in direct sunlight would cause my internal temp to rise and that was only sitting at a light on pavement. I am coming from over-pants and these are a great step up in both comfort and style. Overall, the quality is excellent with top notch craftsmanship. As others have noted, the jeans are heavy but when I was wearing them, I didn't notice the weight. I am used to the low rise cut so that didn't bother me and five belt loops worked well, all day comfort without issues. I initially ordered a direct match to my current jeans and that is exactly what arrived. I wear an adv high calf boot which kept the jean from falling properly at the ankle, I exchanged for the next length and all was fixed, they fall just right without looking short or bunching.
Overall an excellent product with great customer support and response to back it all up. I am highly recommending these to anyone looking to wear full protection without the bunny suit look.
My only issue is my wife now wants a pair and there is nothing available. Thanks for that headache!
tristan626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #217
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Domiken's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Manhattan
Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan626 View Post
I just returned from a four day trip to Vermont which pushed my mileage on my new jeans to just over 1000. I have used them in temps from mid 50's to mid 90's with various levels of humidity. All temp ranges were quite comfortable and only the high temps in direct sunlight would cause my internal temp to rise and that was only sitting at a light on pavement. I am coming from over-pants and these are a great step up in both comfort and style. Overall, the quality is excellent with top notch craftsmanship. As others have noted, the jeans are heavy but when I was wearing them, I didn't notice the weight. I am used to the low rise cut so that didn't bother me and five belt loops worked well, all day comfort without issues. I initially ordered a direct match to my current jeans and that is exactly what arrived. I wear an adv high calf boot which kept the jean from falling properly at the ankle, I exchanged for the next length and all was fixed, they fall just right without looking short or bunching.
Overall an excellent product with great customer support and response to back it all up. I am highly recommending these to anyone looking to wear full protection without the bunny suit look.
My only issue is my wife now wants a pair and there is nothing available. Thanks for that headache!
Thanks for sharing your review, glad you like them!

We will always take the extra effort to make sure they fit well and work with our customers to ensure they are happy with their purchase
__________________
www.leananglejeans.com
100% Fully Lined Protective Motorcycle Jeans without looking like a goofball
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #218
Willy510
Master of none
 
Willy510's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Richmond,CA
Oddometer: 52
Another vote for black please
__________________
'14 Tuono V4, '07 Guzzi Griso, '96 Guzzi 1100 Sport, '73 Guzzi Eldorado
Willy510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:31 PM   #219
DoubleM
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DoubleM's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: L.A. Lower Alabama
Oddometer: 109
received my jeans

Kevin,

Received my jeans today in record time. You must have air mailed them.
The fit is perfect and quality very good. Looking forward to riding with them in the morning.
DoubleM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #220
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer
 
tilliejacques's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: northern New Mexico
Oddometer: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan626 View Post
My only issue is my wife now wants a pair and there is nothing available. Thanks for that headache!
I'm looking at Resurgence Gear because they have women's but I'd wait to buy Lean Angle IF there's going to be women's any time soon.

Any ETA at all?

cheers
__________________
11 Husky TE250
11 Honda CBR250R
08 Beta Rev3 125
tilliejacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:54 AM   #221
Neo9686
n00b
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Oddometer: 4
I'm waiting the black version AND the women's version... I was wondering if there's an ETA too...
Neo9686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:21 AM   #222
Engelfish
Adventurer
 
Engelfish's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 56
Domiken-
Another vote for black... but that's not going to stop me from ordering.

Not only do your jeans get great reviews from owners, but they are the only ones for which I couldn't find any real complaints.

If you have a discount code, please PM it so I can call and order my pair. :)
__________________
----------------
Raleigh, NC
'09 BMW F650GS

"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." ~ Lao Tzu
Engelfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:22 AM   #223
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Domiken's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Manhattan
Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engelfish View Post
Domiken-
Another vote for black... but that's not going to stop me from ordering.

Not only do your jeans get great reviews from owners, but they are the only ones for which I couldn't find any real complaints.

If you have a discount code, please PM it so I can call and order my pair. :)
Thanks for you interest, I just sent you a PM. Cheers!
__________________
www.leananglejeans.com
100% Fully Lined Protective Motorcycle Jeans without looking like a goofball
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 03:12 PM   #224
bracky72
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Charles Town, West Virginia
Oddometer: 918
I've been wearing mine for a few weeks and really like them. The forcefield armor is some pretty impressive stuff and it hides very well in the jeans. Finally I feel like I look halfway normal while still having some protection. They are pricey but once you examine a pair and the included armor you can see why. I highly recommend them!

I'm no model but here is what a pair looks like on a thin 6' tall man. The jeans are size 34x32. The boots are Alpinestar web gortex.







bracky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:12 AM   #225
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer
 
Domiken's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Manhattan
Oddometer: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post
I've been wearing mine for a few weeks and really like them. The forcefield armor is some pretty impressive stuff and it hides very well in the jeans. Finally I feel like I look halfway normal while still having some protection. They are pricey but once you examine a pair and the included armor you can see why. I highly recommend them!

I'm no model but here is what a pair looks like on a thin 6' tall man. The jeans are size 34x32. The boots are Alpinestar web gortex.
Thanks for posting your review and pictures! Glad you like them.
__________________
www.leananglejeans.com
100% Fully Lined Protective Motorcycle Jeans without looking like a goofball
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014