Old 06-06-2014, 07:49 AM   #46
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Oddometer: 64
Tryonic Seesoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Thanks for the info on the HiVis vest.

As for the pants, I was contacted by MotorcycleGear.com and they made arrangements to replace the pants. They're always great, and knew they'd step up. But I'm still a little curious as to this 'new' armor manufacturer, especially given Rev'It's initiative to meet current EU standards. Will the new manufacturer be producing an identical item to the current Tryonic Seesoft armor? Will the armor now be included with Rev'It garments where previously only the foam inserts were provided?
Hey Lee. Not to worry, the product won't change, just the factory where it's produced -- it will be certainly meet the same standards. Starting with our 2014 models, the armor will be an optional add-on feature; this way, we can keep costs lower for those whose riding purposes might not necessarily call for the upgraded armor.

Hope you enjoy the pants!

Take care,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
REV'IT! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 10:18 PM   #47
marty_uiuc
moran

Oddometer: 266
For the past few years I've been using two Rev'it jackets, both long discontinued but still working just fine. I use an Airforce in the summer time and a Dragon the rest of the time. Both have great quality and never given me trouble, although I am glad to see that the branding on the newer jackets has been toned down since mine were made.

I personally like the more European fit, as it is not as boxy/baggy feeling as most of the other brands.

A couple things that would make the jackets better than they already are would be two-way zippers for the main zip on the 3/4 and full length jackets, and either a card holder on the left sleeve or some kind of chest pocket for very easy access to things like IDs and credit cards.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #48
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Two-way zippers // card pocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_uiuc View Post
For the past few years I've been using two Rev'it jackets, both long discontinued but still working just fine. I use an Airforce in the summer time and a Dragon the rest of the time. Both have great quality and never given me trouble, although I am glad to see that the branding on the newer jackets has been toned down since mine were made.

I personally like the more European fit, as it is not as boxy/baggy feeling as most of the other brands.

A couple things that would make the jackets better than they already are would be two-way zippers for the main zip on the 3/4 and full length jackets, and either a card holder on the left sleeve or some kind of chest pocket for very easy access to things like IDs and credit cards.
Thanks, Marty! We'll pass on those thoughts to the design team!
Twitter
Insta
Old 06-11-2014, 09:56 PM   #49
ChildlikeWonder
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
First, I have gotten nothing but exceptionally good service through Revzilla and REV'IT. I have Tornado jacket/pants, Airwave pants, and Sand 2 jacket/pants. Until recently, I wore the Sand 2 every day since the end of last August. I haven't had any problems with the velcro that another person mentioned, other than a thread coming out that holds it to the jacket, but that's easily fixed.

Hydratex works great, and from everything I've read about other brands of non-Gore waterproofing, it's the only one I trust.

Please don't change the European sizing. There are plenty of brands for overweight people, but very few for those of us who are not overweight. I saw someone saying they have a 42 chest and wears a XXXL Sand 2 jacket that they find a bit tight, and I have no idea how this can be as I have a 41" chest and my size L Sand 2 jacket is the right size for me. A lot of brands leave a baggy butt on someone like me which gets very uncomfortable after 2 hours, so I'm glad to own REV'IT.

Also, I hope the 3 liner system continues. I love being able to put my rain liner in without my thermal liner, I love being able to put the thermal in without the rain, and I love being able to ride with no liners at all. The Tornado was my first set of motorcycle gear, and it taught me that a combined layer is not desirable.

It would be great if knee armor were more adjustable up and down, and if there were some way to cinch the leg in the area of the armor to make the armor fit more tightly. It would also be great to see polyester go away. I understand and appreciate the REV'IT approach of not just making gear that fits and feels like a heavy burlap sack and saying "there, that's safe," but polyester shreds so quickly.

Finally, I wish the gloves had longer palms. To get the wrist straps to land in the right place, I would need a XXXL, but to get everything else to fit right I need an XL. The means I have to buy all my gloves from Alpinestars or Held. That said, I must be a small minority of customer given that all other brands present this problem to me.

ChildlikeWonder screwed with this post 06-11-2014 at 10:27 PM
ChildlikeWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:00 AM   #50
wizze
Wizze = Wise

Oddometer: 1,031
Hey Rev'it

I have the silver/blue Sand 2 jacket that replaced my original Sand jacket. Many nice upgrades/fixes. I wish the original's collar clip back hook would have made it to the Sand 2. I miss hooking the collar tab back when it's warmer so I fold it inside which is just leaving a dirty mark on the collar. Also, the fit in the shoulder/armpit area is fine with no liners but with all liners installed, the armpit area is tighter than my original Sand. I'm not ripped by any means either. A little more generous cut in this area would be nicer.

I like the Euro fit and and different liners to flow with the conditions. Like ChildlikeWonder says not every American is a fat ass. Thanks for a great product and listening to our critiques.
2005 BMW R1200RT
Is that it?
wizze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:38 AM   #51
easy_rider_77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Any word on the below query?

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_rider_77 View Post
Do you guys have any plans to make gore-tex boots?
easy_rider_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:45 AM   #52
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizze View Post
Hey Rev'it

I have the silver/blue Sand 2 jacket that replaced my original Sand jacket. Many nice upgrades/fixes. I wish the original's collar clip back hook would have made it to the Sand 2. I miss hooking the collar tab back when it's warmer so I fold it inside which is just leaving a dirty mark on the collar. Also, the fit in the shoulder/armpit area is fine with no liners but with all liners installed, the armpit area is tighter than my original Sand. I'm not ripped by any means either. A little more generous cut in this area would be nicer.

I like the Euro fit and and different liners to flow with the conditions. Like ChildlikeWonder says not every American is a fat ass. Thanks for a great product and listening to our critiques.
I just got my Sand 2 jacket last night. At the last minute, I ended up going up a size to the XXL for that exact same reason. I could've easily lived with the XL, but when I crossed my arms in front of me, it pulled really tight in the armpits. I, too, am average size otherwise (normally wear a 44 jacket).

Question - are the loops on the front of your jacket red? I got the same color and was expecting them to be red based on the pics, but when I got the jacket they were black. Not a major issue, but I think the red added a nice little accent, along with the red in the collar. I also have the Moveo neck brace on order, so once attached it's probably a moot point anyway.

Any update on the Seesoft armor availability? I'm signing up for the AltRider event the last weekend of June and it would be nice to have it by that weekend.
lmychajluk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 09:59 PM   #53
midemite
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
I recently bought a Tornado jacket from Revzilla. I love this jacket! Great fit, styling, and well made. Ventilation is super! No so impressed with the liner. I don't understand why the waterproof layer is always a liner. In a recent rain storm I was wet before I got the jacket off, liner on and jacket back on. After the rain storm I had a wet jacket. I had considered the Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket which has the waterproof layer on the outside but quality and style were not nearly as nice as Rev'it. I will definitely use a rain shell in the future rather than the rev'it liner. For cooler weather I'll probably use a fleece or my heated gear rather that the liner that came with the jacket. Be nice if the liner was optional when buying the jacket.

I'd also like to see all ladies pants come in shorter lengths like the men's pants. Would love to have a pair of Tornado pants but they're really too long.

Overall, thanks for a great product line!
midemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 12:52 PM   #54
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Sizing / Polyester / Liners / Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildlikeWonder View Post
Please don't change the European sizing. There are plenty of brands for overweight people, but very few for those of us who are not overweight...

Also, I hope the 3 liner system continues...

It would be great if knee armor were more adjustable up and down, and if there were some way to cinch the leg in the area of the armor to make the armor fit more tightly. It would also be great to see polyester go away. I understand and appreciate the REV'IT approach of not just making gear that fits and feels like a heavy burlap sack and saying "there, that's safe," but polyester shreds so quickly.

Finally, I wish the gloves had longer palms...
Hey ChildLikeWonder, thanks for sharing your thoughts. We certainly have no intentions of getting rid of the European sizing -- it's one of our most appreciated features. With our jeans line, we're introducing some more relaxed fits this fall, but that will be in addition to and not in place of the current line. We understand there's a huge hole in the US market on nicely tailored riding gear, and we'll continue our sizing accordingly.

We're also expanding the way we approach liners. You'll see some improvements in the coming year or so, but the flexibility of choosing whichever layers you need at the time won't change.

As for your thoughts on materials, we like to remind consumers that not all polyesters are created equal. The chosen materials for each product are the result of extensive in-house research and testing, and there are definitely polyesters fit for the job: The Chonos GTX jacket, for example, uses polyester in a RIB construction that results in great pull strength as well as cut, tear and abrasion resistance. If you've never had the uh, "pleasure" of doing a real-world abrasion resistance test on one of our products, I can share my own results: I slid quite a way in an Airwave Ladies' and the material (a combination of Lorica, high density polyester 600D, PWR shell mesh and polyester rib) held. Not a scrape on me. (Bruises, on the other hand...) Pretty amazing results for a jacket that's less than $200.

We'll pass on your thoughts on knee armor. Thanks for letting us know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizze View Post
Hey Rev'it

Thanks, Wizze! We'll definitely pass along your input on the Sand 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_rider_77 View Post
Any word on the below query?
Hey easy_rider -- sorry about that! As of right now, there are no plans to release GORE-TEX boots. We're getting excellent feedback on our urban boots collection, and will likely continue to develop that segment in the immediate future. Maybe sometime further down the road!

Ride safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 06-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #55
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Seesoft & rain liners

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
Question - are the loops on the front of your jacket red? I got the same color and was expecting them to be red based on the pics, but when I got the jacket they were black. Not a major issue, but I think the red added a nice little accent, along with the red in the collar. I also have the Moveo neck brace on order, so once attached it's probably a moot point anyway.

Any update on the Seesoft armor availability? I'm signing up for the AltRider event the last weekend of June and it would be nice to have it by that weekend.
Hey lmychajluk, way to pay attention to details! The loops on the Sand 2 changed from red to black in the later production runs. They ran out of red paint in Holland. ;)

We're looking at the 3rd week in July right now on the Seesoft armor, so it won't be here for your event. We'll let you know if anything changes with that ETA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midemite View Post
I recently bought a Tornado jacket from Revzilla. I love this jacket! Great fit, styling, and well made. Ventilation is super! No so impressed with the liner. I don't understand why the waterproof layer is always a liner. In a recent rain storm I was wet before I got the jacket off, liner on and jacket back on. After the rain storm I had a wet jacket. I had considered the Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket which has the waterproof layer on the outside but quality and style were not nearly as nice as Rev'it. I will definitely use a rain shell in the future rather than the rev'it liner. For cooler weather I'll probably use a fleece or my heated gear rather that the liner that came with the jacket. Be nice if the liner was optional when buying the jacket.

I'd also like to see all ladies pants come in shorter lengths like the men's pants. Would love to have a pair of Tornado pants but they're really too long.

Overall, thanks for a great product line!
Hi Midemite. The liners are one of our most commented on features; many people love them -- I would guess these are the ones diligent about tracking the weather, and who put the liners in before the rain starts -- and others of us are constantly getting wet trying to get them in. It's mostly personal preference. As for your comment about the liners being optional... We're updating the way we approach layers in the near future. Keep your eyes peeled in spring/summer 2015 ;)

On the length issue, as you may know, REV’IT! is still a relatively small company, and as such, we have to make certain business decisions to keep our margins healthy. Right now, there is not enough demand for all the women's pants in short. It’s always helpful to have good consumer feedback though, and we’ll pass on your comments to the appropriate channels!

Ride safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 06-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #56
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Tri-State area: Please join us!

For those of you who are in the tri-state area, please join us on June 28 at our showroom in Red Hook, Brooklyn for food, drinks and PRIZES!

Twitter
Insta
Old 06-19-2014, 03:01 AM   #57
Wise Guy
Soitenly!

Oddometer: 68
ETA on Airwave Pants?

Just picked up the men's Airwave jacket. Love it. Flows a ton of air.

Really disappointed though when I went to buy the matching Airwave pant in a men's size medium short. I contacted a dozen or so retailers, on both sides of the Atlantic, and no one has them, and no one knows when to expect them.

Questions:

1. Can you point me to any dealer/retailer that might have a pair? (prefer silver, but would take black at this point)
2. Are these pants being phased out/replaced with something for 2015, or should I expect to see a restocking to retailers this summer?
3. Any ETA on these hitting the shelves again?

Thanks in advance!
Wise Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:31 AM   #58
REV'IT! OP
Motorcycle apparel

Airwave pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Guy View Post
Just picked up the men's Airwave jacket. Love it. Flows a ton of air.

Really disappointed though when I went to buy the matching Airwave pant in a men's size medium short. I contacted a dozen or so retailers, on both sides of the Atlantic, and no one has them, and no one knows when to expect them.

Questions:

1. Can you point me to any dealer/retailer that might have a pair? (prefer silver, but would take black at this point)
2. Are these pants being phased out/replaced with something for 2015, or should I expect to see a restocking to retailers this summer?
3. Any ETA on these hitting the shelves again?

Thanks in advance!
Hey WiseGuy -- You're correct. The Airwave have been extremely popular this year, and our stock took a huge hit. We're expecting more sometime late July or early August (and that, of course, is assuming no problems with customs, etc.). Unfortunately, we have no way of seeing what dealers still do or do not have them in stock; your best bet is probably to just wait this one out!

Ride safe,
REV'IT!
Twitter
Insta
Old 06-21-2014, 04:23 PM   #59
BruceWA
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 535
Hi Viz Vest

Hi there Rev'it. Am on a 3 week trip in the western US and have noted that the Hi Viz vest I bought for my Poseidon gear will stick to the velcro and it is shredding it, perhaps you might consider some additional securing points on these in the future to eliminate this problem? It will not hold up long with out some modification.

Cheers,

Bruce
Old 06-22-2014, 03:28 AM   #60
Wise Guy
Soitenly!

Oddometer: 68
Awaiting Airwave Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by REV'IT! View Post
Hey WiseGuy -- You're correct. The Airwave have been extremely popular this year, and our stock took a huge hit. We're expecting more sometime late July or early August (and that, of course, is assuming no problems with customs, etc.). Unfortunately, we have no way of seeing what dealers still do or do not have them in stock; your best bet is probably to just wait this one out!

Ride safe,
REV'IT!

Thanks for the update. Will do.

Another question: Your Tornado, or Gear 2 pants could work, but i don't think they come in a size small enough for me. Some retailers (like Revzilla) show a chart with size 48 short, which would work, but when you try to buy, none seem to show the Gear 2 or Tornado in anything smaller than a 50 short. I'm assuming the chart I'm seeing is a general chart for all pants, and Rev'it has just chosen not to produce the Gear 2 or the Tornado in the size 48 short?

Thanks.

Wise Guy screwed with this post 06-22-2014 at 04:18 AM
Wise Guy is offline   Reply With Quote