Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2014, 04:52 AM   #1111
Plane Dr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 834
Because I stepped away from this for awhile, manage my expectations please. For the recalibration. What volume/delivery is anticipated? I would like mine to do better but honestly it sits on -30 all the time so I'm not sure it matters.

I want to try the new one but given time to date, my old GS might even be worn down, not sure it will be out, by the time it's ready. I'd be happy with a vague fortune telling even with the previous legal disclaimer.
86 RG500WW (gone)

Bikes are like women. What you think you want, and what you want, change after the first ride.
Plane Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 07:07 AM   #1112
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Oddometer: 11,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane Dr View Post

Because I stepped away from this for awhile, manage my expectations please. For the recalibration. What volume/delivery is anticipated? I would like mine to do better but honestly it sits on -30 all the time so I'm not sure it matters.

I'd be happy with a vague fortune telling even with the previous legal disclaimer.
The Calibration plug-in makes all the difference. I understand you're doing what most people are doing and running the IICE Air at the -30 jumper setting as an interim solution until the Calibration part arrives. The performance benefit with the Calibration part is more than double what the -30 jumper setting provides.

As far as management goes, I'll keep managing the process that gets these Calibration plug-ins made. Designing, testing and setting up to build that plug-in fix for the Air has been a project unto itself. And an unplanned one at that. But unplanned or not, it had to be done. It was quite a trick if I do say, to come up with a plug-in recalibration part, which physically and electrically incorporates into the existing IICE Air, and maintains the -10, -20, and -30 adjustability.

The 'forward-looking statements' disclaimer I jokingly posted a little while ago was just a bit of levity on my part. Primarily because they're aren't any forward looking statements. What there is to know is where we are headed, what we are doing, and with the technical Hotrod thread in GSspot, how and why we are doing it.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Poolside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #1113
Plane Dr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 834
It was more tongue in cheek. I meant what sort of time frame for recalibration vs the new digital. If the recalibration flows soon then I would go that way if the digital is way out there. I love the GS but with similar miles on it since the whole project began it might be long enough I may have to turn the old girl in on say a sexy Italian in a red dress or something equally mindless.
86 RG500WW (gone)

Bikes are like women. What you think you want, and what you want, change after the first ride.
Plane Dr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:55 AM   #1114
Leop54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
recalibration part

So I'm not such a technical rider, enjoying what to me appeared a better running of the engine of my '12 GSA 1200 even with the -20C setting, but my question is: have I to wait for the recalibration part, or I can wait for the combo Air and smooth or Air/Cool delivery?
Leop54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 05:28 AM   #1115
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Plane Dr and Leop54, I'll take a look at things today and see if I can make a reasonable estimate.

But in the meantime Leop54, run the AIR at the -30 setting. In the interim, that setting will give the best performance.

IICE Air Hotrod your GS  Fuel Injection  Tech Info  Buy  Order List  Installation
Old 06-12-2014, 08:14 AM   #1116
Poolside OP
Syndicated

A Couple of Updates

IICE Air Calibration Plug-in Update
Some boards arrived yesterday. This is last circuit board revision, and parts are on the way. A photo journal of the assembly process should be fun.

IICE Air Update
I haven't forgotten about the last few pieces. I'll be continuing them on Monday. There will be a couple of extra.

IICE Digital Smooth and Cool Update
We are sorting out the IICE Net protocols. That, and deciding about Bluetooth connectivity with your smartphone, or not. Plus, looking at some additional features for the Digital IICE Smooth. For example, compensating for the O2 sensor signal as the O2 sensor ages.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:55 PM   #1117
erkmania
Still Adventuring

Oddometer: 906
Enquiring minds want to know...

Is the recalibration product ready for distribution?

2011 BMW R1200GS, 2004 KTM 950, 1996 ATK 605 ESDS

erkmania screwed with this post 06-26-2014 at 04:35 PM
erkmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #1118
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkmania View Post

Is the recalibration product ready for distribution?
Nearly. We just acquired an Infrared Reflow oven yesterday. I'm working on temperature curves for this miniature board.

Old 06-26-2014, 05:23 AM   #1119
joenuclear
Planning.....

Oddometer: 6,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolside View Post
Nearly. We just acquired an Infrared Reflow oven yesterday. I'm working on temperature curves for this miniature board.

This one?
Old 07-08-2014, 06:23 AM   #1120
Tklm539
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Put me on the list when there is a list!
Tklm539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #1121
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenuclear View Post

This one?
Nice! That model would be ideal. But I think some sort of EPA waiver is required to operate that device on-planet.

[Edit:] I just finished an enjoyable conversation with a fellow ADVrider who called to ask about what we have going over here these days. Sort of a general update. I think we talked for over a half hour, and covered a range of topics. I'll post up a summary a little later.

Poolside screwed with this post 07-09-2014 at 08:47 PM
Old 07-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #1122
1224R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,817
Okay folks please don't flog me for this question because I'm sure it's been asked a bazillion times what do I have a 2007 GS adventure what exactly do I need to purchase? Or what pieces do you recco??? Thank you in advance...
Old 07-10-2014, 05:22 PM   #1123
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1224R View Post

Okay folks please don't flog me for this question because I'm sure it's been asked a bazillion times. I have a 2007 GS Adventure, what exactly do I need to purchase? Or what pieces do you recco??? Thank you in advance...
Hey there, 1224R. All your questions are welcome. Almost everything is welcome here. No floggings, heh heh.

As far as what to get for your GS, there are a couple of different ways. There's the original IICE Air, the 'classic' version we could say. And the new Digital Air, Smooth, and Cool devices are just around the corner. The Digital models have combined functions. For example, the Air and the Smooth functions, but in one box.

The minimum summary to make a decision is below. There are more details in the Hotrod thread in GSpot. And the full development and functions of the Digital devices will continue with 'engineer's notebook' style posts, like we did with the IICE Air.

-Air does its job during open loop acceleration. Works when the motor RPM is increasing. Same function as Booster Plug, Accelerator, Juice Box, and other products.

-Cool maximizes transient throttle response. Works like an accelerator pump on a carburettor. Operates when the throttle is cracked open. This one is my favorite.

-Smooth is the double O2 sensor controller. Works when the motor is in closed loop. Some similarities to the XIED but controls two O2 sensors. Digital control provides automatic operation, aging sensor compensation, and sensor diagnostic functions.

Poolside screwed with this post 07-10-2014 at 05:39 PM
Old 07-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #1124
CamoGreg
Can you see me?

Oddometer: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1224R View Post
Okay folks please don't flog me for this question because I'm sure it's been asked a bazillion times what do I have a 2007 GS adventure what exactly do I need to purchase? Or what pieces do you recco??? Thank you in advance...
My advice would be to sit tight, wait and see what shakes out and how long "just around the corner" will be.
The development has been what I consider a slow process.
And I regret jumping in to this too quickly.
I have the same bike. It's 50k longer in the tooth when this all began. It's still a great bike stock. I may have another 50k to put on mine before it's time for another.
And maybe, right around the corner will happen before then. And maybe not.

My .02
Old 07-14-2014, 01:50 AM   #1125
Poolside OP
Syndicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoGreg View Post

My advice would be to sit tight, wait and see what shakes out and how long "just around the corner" will be.
The development has been what I consider a slow process.
You are right about that Greg. Development and manufacturing moves quickly at times, and sometimes less so.The IICE Air is sort of a complex hardware puzzle. What I mean is the design is mechanically intricate, which made building 650 of them quite a project. The Calibration plug-in too is a bit of miniature clockwork. Also not the easiest to hand produce.

Following the Calibration plug-in we expect a very smooth path for the Digital devices. The new Digital devices are more basic mechanical designs say. With their sophistication provided by processors and code.

Poolside screwed with this post 07-14-2014 at 09:53 PM