Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #211
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,569
w/o an LS2 dealer in a city of more than 4million is kinda,,, how do i put it?

so, i had to go the next route and try on the speed and strength branded LS2 dual sport.

i wear a XXL,,,, i found the long oval to be a good fit, but the chin bar and room in the front of face is small, too small for my liking. must be the shell size cause it really felt like i was squeezing into a too small helmet shell.

looked and felt like a great helmet though.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:15 PM   #212
kbroderick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungholio View Post
Atomic has those goggles as well. I have a pair, don't get super dark but are satisfactory with a dirt helmet peak. Progrip is the brand.

EDIT: I just checked AM website and they do not seem to have the progrip goggles any more only the 100% Accuri. Sorry for the misinformation.
I did just receive a pair of Progrips with the light-sensitive shield, purchased via Amazon (thank you Prime). They were in the $50 shipped neighborhood, which isn't bad, since I was able to order them with the light-sensitive lens included (most of the other options I've seen required ordering that separately). They seem to fit well in the helmet, but I won't be sure until I get a chance to ride with them Friday or over the weekend.
kbroderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #213
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Ammendolia View Post
Hi bikerfish,

I'm stoked to hear you ordered an MX453. They are definitely a long oval design, so I'm anxious to hear how it fits your head. Would you keep me posted?

Thanks,
Phil
Phil, got my MX453 today, haven't ridden with it yet, but initial test fit seems great, no pressure on my forehead at all!! Quality seems great, liner, paint, general fit and finish, everything looks great for a helmet of this price. I'll get a chance to ride with it this weekend or sooner and give a report!
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 05:24 AM   #214
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,108
Anyone locate a source for the 386 pin lock anti-fog insert? My fog city got moisture behind it after I washed it so I need something better.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:38 AM   #215
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc56 View Post
Anyone locate a source for the 386 pin lock anti-fog insert? My fog city got moisture behind it after I washed it so I need something better.
I'm using this:

http://www.motorcycleinnovations.ca/...S_p/inhpux.htm

but there are less expensive options that are completely clear and remain fog free:

This $15 option works perfectly:

http://www.motorcycleinnovations.ca/...LD_p/inp1u.htm
Old 06-11-2014, 06:00 AM   #216
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

That is what I used, I forgot the brand name. It works great but once it got moisture behind it I had to peel it off, I may try to install it again but now it has some scratches.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:02 AM   #217
kbroderick
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 876
Quote:
I believe Atomic-Moto can order it for you, even though they don't have it listed on their site; you can also order from Amazon:

http://smile.amazon.com/LS2-Helmets-...keywords=ff386
kbroderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:17 AM   #218
sjc56
Beastly Adventurer

Thanks ! Thats what I'm looking for.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:57 AM   #219
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Oddometer: 144
LS2 FF386 Pinlock insert.

Quote:
I see you've gotten some good response as to where to find the Pinlock for the FF386. The part # is 02-420.

Hope that helps.
Phil
Phil_Ammendolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #220
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Helmet color's effect on heat of the rider.

Have you ever wondered if the color of your helmet mattered in regard to how warm or cool you are? Have a look at this video. The answer might surprise you.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #221
bikerfish
flyfishandride

got to do a short ride today with my new mx453, and all I can say is WOW, what a great lid, especially at the price they sell for! fit is fantastic, no pressure on my forehead, yet the helmet fits nice and snug everywhere, just slightly tight, so in a few hundred miles it will feel even better. Can't wait till the weekend to put some miles on it! just gotta say, thanks for making such a great fitting helmet!
Ordered up one of the modulars the other day for my girlfriend, excited to see it as well!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:09 AM   #222
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
got to do a short ride today with my new mx453, and all I can say is WOW, what a great lid, especially at the price they sell for! fit is fantastic, no pressure on my forehead, yet the helmet fits nice and snug everywhere, just slightly tight, so in a few hundred miles it will feel even better. Can't wait till the weekend to put some miles on it! just gotta say, thanks for making such a great fitting helmet!
Ordered up one of the modulars the other day for my girlfriend, excited to see it as well!
I'm really glad to hear your helmet's first impression was so good. Enjoy the weekend and get some riding in! I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts after some miles.
Phil
Old 06-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #223
MZ5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Have you ever wondered if the color of your helmet mattered in regard to how warm or cool you are? Have a look at this video. The answer might surprise you.

Thanks for the vid! I'm often surprised by the threads on this subject here on ADVrider. Everyone in southern AZ knows whether color makes a difference, but apparently some in cooler climates are confused. ;)
MZ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:28 AM   #224
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Quote:
I'm really glad to hear your helmet's first impression was so good. Enjoy the weekend and get some riding in! I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts after some miles.
Phil
Phi, got some good riding in this weekend and the helmet is great! wore it on the ride down to watch the hi-point motocross, did a couple hundred miles that day, then on sunday I did an all day ride, and the helmet continues to impress!
My girlfriends modular showed up on Friday and she loves it also, so two thumbs up from us!!
Old 06-18-2014, 09:00 PM   #225
Phil_Ammendolia OP
No Guz No Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerfish View Post
Phi, got some good riding in this weekend and the helmet is great! wore it on the ride down to watch the hi-point motocross, did a couple hundred miles that day, then on sunday I did an all day ride, and the helmet continues to impress!
My girlfriends modular showed up on Friday and she loves it also, so two thumbs up from us!!
Thanks for the update. You made my day. Super glad your girlfriend likes the 386. Stay safe and if you have any questions, let me know.