ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #1756
Jack90210
mindful

Oddometer: 15,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricV View Post
Went out for a ride Saturday...a couple of things:

1.) Who has the nice TE610 I saw parked near Fellini's downtown? It was around 8 that evening. Very nice bike- precisely what I'd been lusting for when I bought my 630. Had I found a decent 610 of decent mileage back then I'd have leapt on it in a heartbeat.
I have met that guy a couple of times, but I can't remember his name.

I must say that my son has exposed a reservoir of love and of worry within me that I never knew existed. --nskitts, 9/2/12
Jack90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:09 AM   #1757
cameron110
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 414
Moto Movie Night: 2014 IoM TT

Moto movie night is changing a bit since we have to find a new venue.

Movie night this month is going to be the UK tv coverage of last weeks Isle of Man Tourist Trophy. It was an outstanding and exciting race as always.

source: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...09_634x356.jpg

We will be gathering the evening of Friday 6/13 at Anton's shop

Virginia Motorrad Werkstatt
1117 E. Market St

We'll fire up the projector and start some of the coverage a bit after 6 with the sidecar and electric bike events and then we will start the big races at about 8.

Since we'll be hosting it at the shop you'll need to bring your own drinks and snacks/dinner food. We'll have a cooler or two full of ice to keep your beer cold for you. If you are coming in a car please bring a folding chair or something to sit on. We have 8 or 10 chairs so there will be plenty for those who arrive on two wheels.

Shoot me an email or PM and I'll fill you have any questions.

Hope to see you out.

cameron110 screwed with this post 06-09-2014 at 07:14 AM Reason: updating event details
cameron110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:26 PM   #1758
mattgoff
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron110 View Post
Moto movie night is changing a bit since we have to find a new venue.

Movie night this month is going to be the UK tv coverage of last weeks Isle of Man Tourist Trophy. It was an outstanding and exciting race as always.

source: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...09_634x356.jpg

We will be gathering the evening of Friday 6/13 at Anton's shop

Virginia Motorrad Werkstatt
1117 E. Market St

We'll fire up the projector and start some of the coverage a bit after 6 with the sidecar and electric bike events and then we will start the big races at about 8.

Since we'll be hosting it at the shop you'll need to bring your own drinks and snacks/dinner food. We'll have a cooler or two full of ice to keep your beer cold for you. If you are coming in a car please bring a folding chair or something to sit on. We have 8 or 10 chairs so there will be plenty for those who arrive on two wheels.

Shoot me an email or PM and I'll fill you have any questions.

Hope to see you out.

What happened with Black Market/Wooly mammoth? Is this a one time change?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattgoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #1759
AntonLargiader
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,126
AFAIK the WM is out of the movie business. I don't know if VMW will be the permanent home of movie night but for now we can do it.

Unfortunately we do not have much of a kitchen... maybe this can turn into a cookout, at least for the summer months? Now that I mention it, maybe I will have dinner there on Friday... gas grill. Let me know if there's any interest in that and maybe we can develop the idea.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #1760
mattgoff
Gnarly Adventurer

Do you want my projector screen to use?

I'll be there for sure...and I'll bring you some cash to cover my tab for the brake line etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonLargiader View Post
AFAIK the WM is out of the movie business. I don't know if VMW will be the permanent home of movie night but for now we can do it.

Unfortunately we do not have much of a kitchen... maybe this can turn into a cookout, at least for the summer months? Now that I mention it, maybe I will have dinner there on Friday... gas grill. Let me know if there's any interest in that and maybe we can develop the idea.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:17 AM   #1761
AntonLargiader
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,126
We're repainting a wall for it.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #1762
cameron110
Gnarly Adventurer

I started getting things moved around, got the wall painted and the projector set up, it looks great.

Hope to see y'all friday

cameron110 screwed with this post 06-11-2014 at 07:08 AM
Old 06-11-2014, 08:18 AM   #1763
cameron110
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm going to sell my '76 Honda CL 360t, I'll get it listed in fleamarket and on local craigslist soon but if any of you are interested I can bring it to movie night on Friday

Old 06-12-2014, 02:02 PM   #1764
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

Oddometer: 1,247
I was just sent this and thought some of you folks may be interested (There are no times listed - ??):

The Albemarle County Police Department invites you to attend the second-annual Jefferson Area Motor Squad Skills Competition. The competition will take place on June 12-14th in the Sams Club of Charlottesville parking lot.

The Skills Competition is a way for motor officers to improve their riding skills, exchange new training ideas and improve interagency relationships. Motor officers with Albemarle, Charlottesville and UVA Police Departments comprise the Jefferson Area Motor Squad. This event is also an opportunity for the agencies to give back to the community. A portion of the proceeds raised will be donated to the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA.
Officers from as far as New York City, along with Virginia teams including Fairfax, Harrisonburg, Herndon, Henrico and Prince William County Police Departments will be participating in the competition. ACPD Police Chief, Colonel Steve Sellers will also be participating in the competition. This will be the first time an acting Chief of Police in Virginia has competed in a Motor Skills Competition.

The first two days are practice sessions for officers to become familiar with the different courses. The courses are outlined with traffic cones and are intended to test the riders ability to navigate a series of turns and maneuvers at slow speeds. There is also a second course which riders will complete for a timed score. The actual competition will take place on the third day of the event. The riders will compete against each other in both the slow skills course and the timed course. The winner will be determined by a set of standards and a combined score from both runs.

The entire event is free of charge and open to the public. Only police officers on police motorcycles are eligible to participate in the competition.
OldnoGPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #1765
hppyfngy
not dead yet

Oddometer: 4,047
^ Wonder what the proceeds are if the event is free... must be from hot dog sales...

'13 KLR 650 For Sale!
hppyfngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #1766
OldnoGPS
Just a sightseer

Oddometer: 1,247
I just rode by the practice session, officer said there are about 50 competitors and the riders meeting is at 0700 tomorrow. They're good...

Saw two drops, they're efficient at picking those big bikes up.

Jefferson Area Motor Squad site: http://www.jamsquad.org/

OldnoGPS screwed with this post 06-13-2014 at 09:31 AM
OldnoGPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #1767
cameron110
Gnarly Adventurer

We will have a grill here for movie night tonight at Anton's shop if you want to bring something to cook you are welcome to. And as previously mentioned there will be cooler space to keep beer or food cold.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #1768
mattgoff
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron110 View Post
We will have a grill here for movie night tonight at Anton's shop if you want to bring something to cook you are welcome to. And as previously mentioned there will be cooler space to keep beer or food cold.

I forgot to ask what time we're starting?

Old 06-13-2014, 12:46 PM   #1769
mattgoff
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgoff View Post
I forgot to ask what time we're starting?

Nvm I read I swear.

6 for starters 8 for the main show.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #1770
cameron110
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgoff View Post

6 for starters 8 for the main show.
Yup, Anton and I both have to run home so the shop will be locked for for a half hour or so from 5 to 530ish but we're here other than that.