ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #16
drdfblackm OP
VeeFeer
 
drdfblackm's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Safe haven from Zombies aka Flagstaff AZ
Oddometer: 814
Things are starting to look up, however the smoke is really bad. I will take it over a burned house.

Thanks for the support!!
__________________
These are not the droids you are looking for.....
Buy my R1200GS Adventure
drdfblackm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:12 AM   #17
rattlecan
Caffeine Driven
 
rattlecan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: left of center AZ.
Oddometer: 1,507
Casner Mountain trail is history. At least for a while. Some of the most beautiful ridiing in the Coconino Forest is now closed indefinetly and will probably burn.
Huge bummer for those of us that use this area. The only good news, is that it's not inhabited.
__________________
___________________
"Technically, it's doable"
Nightstalker
rattlecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:23 AM   #18
seabee1
we build, we fight
 
seabee1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlecan View Post
Casner Mountain trail is history. At least for a while. Some of the most beautiful ridiing in the Coconino Forest is now closed indefinetly and will probably burn.
Huge bummer for those of us that use this area. The only good news, is that it's not inhabited.
It wrapped all the way around to casner mt. Trail?!

I'm glad your home was spared.
__________________
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:28 AM   #19
rattlecan
Caffeine Driven
 
rattlecan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: left of center AZ.
Oddometer: 1,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee1 View Post
It wrapped all the way around to casner mt. Trail?!

I'm glad your home was spared.
They closed the forest to Casner Mtn trail and expect the fire to eventually burn that far. I'm fine in Prescott.
__________________
___________________
"Technically, it's doable"
Nightstalker
rattlecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #20
seabee1
we build, we fight
 
seabee1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,478
I know your house is safe, I was talking to the OP.
__________________
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:58 PM   #21
DOD
idiot dirt rider
 
DOD's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Phoenix
Oddometer: 2,288
Here is a good site for a map of the fire.

http://www.geomac.gov/viewer/viewer.shtml

-dod
__________________
This is my only chance to assemble a disreputable past
DOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #22
Drabnor
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 102
Hope you guys are all safe!

I'm planning on heading out to Prescott June 14-17th, stopping by J&G to pick up a pistol then will be up for some single track. I'll be riding out on my 350 exc, I'm not a noob and rather enjoy the harder stuff, but I will be camping off my bike...

Is it a good idea with this fire? Anybody up for showing me around?
__________________
Drabnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #23
seabee1
we build, we fight
 
seabee1's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Oddometer: 2,478
You'll be a mountain range and two valleys away from the fire in Prescott. Youll be fine.
__________________
"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 01:04 PM   #24
rattlecan
Caffeine Driven
 
rattlecan's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: left of center AZ.
Oddometer: 1,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drabnor View Post
Hope you guys are all safe!

I'm planning on heading out to Prescott June 14-17th, stopping by J&G to pick up a pistol then will be up for some single track. I'll be riding out on my 350 exc, I'm not a noob and rather enjoy the harder stuff, but I will be camping off my bike...

Is it a good idea with this fire? Anybody up for showing me around?
Sounds like you're going to be armed and dangerous. Stop by Prescott National forest office and pick up a motorized trail map. Plenty of good, legal trails to ride. No campfires allowed now. Lynx lake has both camping and challenging trails in the vicinity. Be safe.
__________________
___________________
"Technically, it's doable"
Nightstalker
rattlecan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #25
Drabnor
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlecan View Post
Sounds like you're going to be armed and dangerous. Stop by Prescott National forest office and pick up a motorized trail map. Plenty of good, legal trails to ride. No campfires allowed now. Lynx lake has both camping and challenging trails in the vicinity. Be safe.
Thanks for the info, Lynx sounds great. If anybody is in the area this weekend and wants to show me around, it would be much appreciated. I'm in a tan honda pilot with my 350 exc on a joe hauler on the back. I should be in the area Saturday afternoon, plan to ride all day sunday then head back home monday...
__________________
Drabnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014